The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have your bills been since seasons?

I dont know if it was the money Tree or running the cool temp on thermostat but I got a bill for 100k :(
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How have your bills been since seasons? 252 votes

Increased
74%
auroraael14knazzerLilZairaGraceGalacticGalIcewolfJaseDoubleSJossealan650111IceyJjeLlyBeAn1573aelias24love7680slydarEuripides67MartinvrudolphaoveronVkittyInvisibleaesPoohmom437 187 votes
Same
24%
JeanKita5399Goth583Kamb64aprilroseTheLibrarySimKelleygirlMontrase102Writin_RegBloosmooThunderbat87happysimmer2007invisiblgirlMagdaleenaSimpkinrobyngravesCeres_Meirionadrake_mccartyslamondaCallycat 62 votes
Deceased
1%
Bagoas77Katrina4paradiseplanet 3 votes

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I can't really vote as I haven't been in a house with a thermostat so bills were very light on the lot, it's a nice touch that the bills spike but seeing how big the jump is according to others maybe they will tone it down.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Same
    Mine went from around $10,000 to $15,000 but I had added a bunch of new season stuff, and built a greenhouse so I figure that’s about right. I did use the thermostat for two days and my Sim has the frugal trait.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Increased
    I haven't played much and have only had two lots of bills - the first was 3,000 with little thermostat use, the 2nd was 8,000 with more thermostat use. I'm happy with it as I've always worried my sims would end up earning too much money with not enough things to spend it on.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Increased
    Increased but I haven't seen the crazy 40000 bills. I am rotating through smaller houses now so that could be why. It seems reasonable for me. I am sure my Sims in the bigger houses will feel the pinch LOL.
  • slydarslydar Posts: 26 Member
    Increased
    Also increased - winter is cold and the thermostat is set to high. Also bought several of the Mythic Patio Heaters, so I expect they're adding the the fuel bills.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Increased
    Well I do have a 3 story mansion I built for my legacy home lol but jesus

And my bills are on autopay so I had no choice but to pay it lol
    2llotup.jpg
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Same
    I'm running about the same, but I keep the thermostat off. I just moved my sims from Windenburg to Newcrest to a larger home that allows for a much larger gardening space, so the bill will go up, but nothing outside the norm.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Increased
    $20,000 to $123,000 here.
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    Increased
    Mine jumped up about 15k. I blame the thermostat.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Increased
    My bills have increased, but are still manageable and are a lot less than I was expecting them to be while using the thermostat.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Same
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I dont know if it was the money Tree or running the cool temp on thermostat but I got a bill for 100k :(

Wow! How much were your bills before? The highest bills I ever had were around 26,000, justified because that mansion is huge, but if the thermostat alone produces even higher bills than a huge lot full of all kinds of stuff, I smell yet another ill-conceived feature that will need attention in a future patch...

I can't really speak from my own experience because I've played through two weeks of summer without ever actually needing the thermostat yet; my sims only complained when I left them outside for too long. But then again, the family I played lives on the island in Windenburg, maybe summers just aren't that extreme there.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hold the phone! What kind of homes are you guys' Sims living in to warrant such high bills in the first instance? :lol:

The highest I've ever had has been 2000 :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Same
    Well, if you know Tomb Raider, you probably know Croft Manor, too... :D

Most of my other houses are rather small, though.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited June 2018
    Increased
    1 week: Thermostat always on: $13,000.
    2 week: Thermostat on for 1 and a half days: ~$3,000

In apartments, the rent stays same. So feel free to keep the heating and cooling in overnight.
  • Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    Same
    It could be because of the thermostat. I don't have seasons so thats why its the same.
  • sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member
    Increased
    Something another Simmer said here that I found helpful for my bills--only put the thermostat on for cold and hot weather and of course heatwaves. I've actually never even seen my sims react negatively or anything too hot or cold temperatures, but I put on the thermostat anyway and turned it off when they were just warm or cool. The pets seemed to care more about the heat that my sims did.

As it stands, the bills didn't jump too much, but I have a modestly sized house right now with a garden and pool.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Deceased
    Won't the frugal trait work with the increased bills too? It really does save a lot of money especially with more sims in the house who have it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Increased
    Won't the frugal trait work with the increased bills too? It really does save a lot of money especially with more sims in the house who have it.

Oh man I forgot about that I'll have to do that when I play later
    2llotup.jpg
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Increased
    Mine jumped a bit but I've only used the thermostat on days that it was freezing
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Same
    The same, so far.
  • MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    Increased
    My latest bills were 25000 with coolest selected and just left on.. hahaha, crazy but what do you expect when my sims live here.

06_27_18_3_11_06_PM.png
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Same
    I play in small minimalist homes.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Increased
    The summer in my game was brutal with a heatwave that lasted for days. I had no choice but to turn on the air conditioner. The Sim I have been playing has a large garden and even with his hot weather clothing on he was complaining about being too warm. Not life threatening but he was having a fit. He has the 'loves the outdoors' trait so I thought he would be happy the weather was nice. My first set of bills came in and even though they live in a modest home the weekly bills jumped from twelve hundred to twenty-three hundred for that one week. But for an outdoorsy Sim he sure is picky about keeping the temperature in his house just right. I also had a small glitch where I had to pay the bills for that one week four times. But it was the first set of bills with Seasons installed and a quick repair of the game took care of the problem.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Increased
    Mine increased, but it seems like Brindleton Bay has a bit of a colder climate, so there were several Freezing days in winter. Didn't have any heatwaves in my first summer.
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Increased
    I was living in a single bedroom house and it's bill was 5,254
    I was shook.
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.