Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod uses

Comments

• Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    Mod folder puts the library of congress to shame.
    So how would everyone feel if there was a program that updates all your mods automatically without having to go back to the websites to get the new versions?

I would love it. To tell you the truth I have not been playing the game much lately. There is no real point as they still have not come up with any new content that I am hyped about and the minor updates keep killing my mods(that make the game playable/fun) so that I have to wait weeks or sometimes months to be able to play again the way I want.

This would at lest fix one of the issues.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't see what I do in the voting process. Mostly I play vanilla but have a few mods I'll use now and then to play a certain way (think Road to Fame types). I pull them out when I play other saves especially if I have a number that makes one save work. I've started naming my save after the mod(s) to avoid confusion for me. I like to test mods this way too.
    I don't really like to have to keep up with the updates so.. I don't feel it ruins my whole game if I don't have this or that mod for awhile. I just play my mod-less saves that way and sometimes end up enjoying the game differently by doing this. Then I miss certain mods and the enjoyment cycles around again when I add it back in or try another. I do really like how easy it is to add in or remove mods now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • alxxshaxalxxshax Posts: 19 Member
    I can't live without my mods. If I didn't have UI Cheats Extension my sims would all die because their needs would be so low.
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    I'm enough of a mod user that I delay updating for a few days until I'm sure all my essential mods work with the update. The same goes with EPs, GPs, and SPs; I wait on purchasing them until I'm sure I won't have any nasty mod-related surprises.

In fact, I wouldn't even bother with the game if not for mods. Being able to change how it behaves, to have my gameplay preferences overrule the dev ones, is a large part of the reason I like the Sims series.
  • ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    I decided to clean up my mod folder this afternoon since my game did not wanted to load due to how many I had, I decided to cound them just for fun and I had more than 12000... I'll just make a whole new folder from scratch, too lazy to check what I want to keep or not :D
  • someemojisomeemoji Posts: 5 New Member
    One or two quality of life mods.
    I used to use mods for everything until Cats & Dogs came out and then I realized I made a huge mistake because I couldn't find the mods that needed to be updated and they stayed broke so I deleted them all. I only recently started using mods again (and probably won't once Seasons comes out). When I do use any mods or cc, they have to be Maxis Match. I just don't like the others.
  • ArtemisaArtemisa Posts: 2 New Member
    anyone have the hoe it up mod? I downloaded it and it won't work it shows up in the menu..but nothing...same for road to fame and 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • ArtemisaArtemisa Posts: 2 New Member
    anyone have the hoe it up mod? I downloaded it and it won't work it shows up in the menu..but nothing...same for road to fame and 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Artemisa wrote: »

We aren't allowed to discuss those Mods on the forums as they violate the TOS about honoring the game rating of T for teen. Please go back to where you downloaded them from for updates. Road To Fame is reported as broken has not yet been updated. You can check on that Mod in the first page of this thread here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch/p1
  • PikaKnightPikaKnight Posts: 19 Member
    Vanilla, no mods.
    I used to use mods but recently just scrapped them all and now play only vanilla style. Got tired of trying to figure which ones were out of date and dealing with errors.
  • Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    In the entire time I have played The Sims - which has been since it's come out - I haven't used a single Mod until a couple weeks ago when I finally started using MCC just so I could have the story progression of other families and characters in town. I miss that and was getting tired of having to fill my towns full of people on my own all the time. I don't use custom content though.
  • PikaKnightPikaKnight Posts: 19 Member
    Vanilla, no mods.
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I used to use mods but recently just scrapped them all and now play only vanilla style. Got tired of trying to figure which ones were out of date and dealing with errors.

Can't change the poll so to note, but if I could, I'd change it to one or two. The MCCC mod and an instant upgrade no delay mod. Other than that, nothing else.
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    Was wondering if I should re-due this poll to include CC.
    But it seems like most answered that question in their posts anyway.
    By the By do you guy/gals like these polls and want more or should I just let it rest?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Vanilla, no mods.
    Vanilla. Sims 2 scared me out of ever trying mods again.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2018
    A good number of mods.
    I use about 10 mods at the moment. I put the mods stopping autonomous annoying actions and faster progress mods such as faster bath and shower. It takes too long to take shower in the sims 4. No getting water mod, No singing mod, No rude flirty enchanted introduction mod..something like this. I'm not ready to use MCC yet. For custom contents, I use about 5-6 maxis matched hairs and just 2 skintones. These are all my ccs.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2018
    A good number of mods.
    I tried a vanilla game, nope not for me. I miss my mods too much...having to decorate and build houses without my doors, windows and furniture is no fun. Plus, all the sims' houses look the same on the inside without more of a selection from Maxis.

Edit to say, I have many game mods, not too many MM hairs, and lots of beautiful clothing and makeup. <3 Total size of my mods folder is around 500 mb and I try not to go over.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    I wish they'd make a mod exactly like Woohooer
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    But for the sims 4
    :D
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    A good number of mods.
    I have several mods, but they are all to add more realism to the game and variety.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Vanilla, no mods.
    I usually don't play with mods or CC until a game is done being developed - then I determine what - if any mods and CC my game could use. Like I have tons of CC for Sims 2 and a couple mods - but Sims 3 I use no CC or mods as I fixed what ever needed fixing myself to stop issues - and definitely didn't need any content - I own all packs and the whole store - so my game lacks nothing and has no issues.

Sims 4 - well when it is done being developed then I will see what, if anything it needs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    My Mods folder is literally over 25 GB in size. However, I only use a few script mods at any one given time. Also, I have started using different Mods folders - each of them is named for their use, except when in use, and each one has a text file in it with notes about that Mods folder (when last tested good, general description of files most recently added/changed in the folder). This would probably be too much work for most people, but hey, I'm a bookkeeper!
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    So how would everyone feel if there was a program that updates all your mods automatically without having to go back to the websites to get the new versions?

This would be something I have been wishing for, for a long time. The closest I've found so far (only works for Mod the Sims mods) is the list of their downloads MTS members have access to. It shows whether any given MTS download has had the latest updated version downloaded, and whether it has been "thanked". Thanks to this list, I have been able to go back and thank numerous CC and mod creators more than a week after I originally downloaded their content.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • salemdexingsalemdexing Posts: 47 Member
    A lot of mods.
    i love mods the more realism the better!! <3
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    A lot of mods.
    I use a bunch of Mods but almost non CC/CAS. I like to be able to change the Game into something i really enjoy to play.
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • rosemagwinrosemagwin Posts: 25 Member
    Too much CC to count, lol