Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

1707172737476...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @simgirl1010

Just because it is not appropriate viewing material, does not mean she would not know about it or who any famous person is. My guess is the image of the stuff pack was so negative and EA was desperate to get it to sell. To do so they thought people would care about what celebrities who endorse the product would think.

The shows were quite appropriate as the Dance Mothers show had nothing but talented young kids, classes, competitions etc. The other girl Jessica is from Disney type kids sitcoms, The Daily Show, and now acts in movies, and is a comedian. The one common link is both stars are avid simmers. Both known to talk about the Sims - and Jessica even talks about her sims and simming during many of her comedy routine.

From my understanding the celebs that promote the Sims for EA are simmers themselves and yes EA often asks the most popular of those - the ones TRENDING NOW bigtime to promo - but then EA always has. We've had celebrity endorsement since Sims 1. The Sims is very popular with Stars of all ages - around the world.

JK Rowling promotes the Sims as well - I saw a recent interview where she did just that on her own, as it was not an EA interview. I am sure you must of heard of JK Rowling?

ETA - Oh and I am old and I know these people - so it is not just kids. Jessica by the way is in her mid 20's at least as I have seen her around for a good long time. Maddie is young maybe 14-15, but she was quite young when she started dance on that show. She very popular.
    Are you referring to this?

Eagle-eyed fans noticed a very recognisable icon in the right-hand corner of her Macbook screen – a green diamond on a white background, which of course launches The Sims – in the photo on the right of the above tweet. While Rowling didn’t comment further on this revelation, her followers delighted in the visual confirmation that the author passes the time – or indeed procrastinates while writing her wizarding novels – by playing God with a family of Sims.

That's hardly promoting Sims (and even stating she loves the franchise is not the same thing as promoting a pack).

Never saw that before - like I said it was during an actual on tv interview. It was on the BBC network I believe -
    Can’t find it anywhere (the reactions under that tweet are all surprised and thrilled), but even if it were true, saying you like playing a certain game (“Sims”) in an interview is not the same thing as promoting a specific pack (and undoubtedly get paid for it) like what happened here, hoping people (kids) will buy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Athena_01Athena_01 Posts: 1 New Member
    I found it expensive (BRAZIL) for the little diversity of furniture, it seems a continuation of the dogs and cats, a discount was worth at least.
    Unfortunately I liked the theme but I will not be able to buy it :(
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    That JK Rowling tweet thing was hilarious. I'm surprised no one else made a big deal of it on here at the time. :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    That JK Rowling tweet thing was hilarious. I'm surprised no one else made a big deal of it on here at the time. :D

But it's not a big deal? The Sims icon is on her computer. It may be her that plays, it could be her children. We don't know.

@JoAnne65 is right, there is a difference between paid promotion and saying you like something (And I have never seen anything from JK Rowling herself saying she likes the games.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well, I gotta say after playing this for quite awhile now that I am really happy with my purchase. As mostly a deviant player... It's been a lot of fun figuring out ways to use this new deadly disease process in my game.
    I don't think I would have really played for very long with just the light side of this pack (or maybe even bought it if that's all there was too it) that everyone else seems to really be enjoying. I'm not putting that type of play down.. I think that's mostly how the sims are played or at least talked about being played in the forums. Actually I did play it light for the first few days .. just enjoying the interactions, the new pet.. new possible story lines ect.. but there is lots of that in this game. So I doubt having a sweet pet rodent would have been something that kept me engaged for any length of time.
    What does make me happy that I bought the pack is I keep getting more ideas because of the disease/death aspect added into the game. I like the way the process is long and drawn out also, so you have time to get help or be contagious. I have some more testing to do but.. it's been fun. I do wish you had included some way to pass the cure to others. Like how a scientist can give others a serum. Right now I'll have to figure out a way to cure my infected butler if I want her to live. Also it would have been helpful in other ways and in other types of story telling if the ability to give the cure had been included.

egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I'm going to get the furry little critters and Jungle Adventures as soon as the paycheck arrives. I want a rat and a tiny hedgehog <3 Hope that they will keep on going back to themes that has more to give.
  • GloriaPooreGloriaPoore Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been playing the sims since the Sims 2 first came out. The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 would have had the content of the Cats and Dogs pack and this pack merged. The more money they make on these games, the less content they give us. I found the Cats and Dogs pack to be a little lacking, and the things in this pack might have made up for it. But the devs decided to milk us for as much money as possible.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have been playing the sims since the Sims 2 first came out. The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 would have had the content of the Cats and Dogs pack and this pack merged. The more money they make on these games, the less content they give us. I found the Cats and Dogs pack to be a little lacking, and the things in this pack might have made up for it. But the devs decided to milk us for as much money as possible.

Devs cannot decide that. They have absolutely nothing to do with that side of the game. All they do is make the game period - and oddly many of the same devs from Sims 2 and 3, make Sims 4. Like the head dev of eps - been working on the Sims since Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MermaidMouthMermaidMouth Posts: 3 New Member
    So car, I've used the hedgehog. :smiley:
  • MermaidMouthMermaidMouth Posts: 3 New Member
    far* erps