Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever find yourself forgetting that certain features exist?

It seems like when I'm out of the game I can come up with so many ideas on what to do, but when I'm actually sitting down to play, I completely forget about them!

Most recently is when it was raining in my sims neighborhood, but I wanted her to workout. We couldnt afford any workout equipment so I sent her for a jog in the rain and she was upset because she got all wet. I told her she needed to get over it (yes, I talk to my sims) and I let her watch some TV.. but when I clicked on the TV I had realized that with the fitness pack, I could have just had her do a TV workout inside !

Is there anyone else like this? Do you sometimes find that you have to remind yourself to take advantage of certain features?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea I had a Sim die once and then I regretted not saving them. Then I realized in the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack I could use the wishing well to bring them back to life!
  • Options
    HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    All the time! I forgot they can now hold a full conversation when eating and I was worried about a specific sims social....Then I remembered I can click another sim and get my other sim's social bar completely up while they ate. I forget sims can now multitask!
    2dihvli.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Oh definitely. I'm trying to really explore all the stuff I forgot about when I took a break from the game through my legacy family and having each new sim do something I hadn't done before or forgotten about. Slow but steady!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Everything related to the handiness skill. There are a lot of cool things you can do with it, like unlocking TV stations and making fireplaces turn on automatically when someone enters the room, and that sort of thing. Still, for some reason I always forget to upgrade my possessions.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am kinda ignoring the other features from the way I am playing now.
    At first I was only playing Young Adults and ignoring relationships and family life since we didn't have toddlers.

Now we have Toddlers and Parenthood and I have aged all my YAs down to toddlers and given them parents, or put them in an orphanage.
    So, currently I am not using a lot of features. Mainly because I am primarily playing the orphanage and not the other households and not using much from Get To Work, City Living, or Pets.

That's about to change as I advance the other households, so I should be rediscovering a lot of features.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes - I often forget multiple features when I get caught up in the storyline that I'm playing as I usually have their jobs, hobbies, etc. all pre-planned. Most recently I had my Sim family watching a movie and was thinking 'popcorn would be great' - at the end of the movie I realized I had completely blanked as there is a popcorn maker that came with Movie Hangoug :b
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i bought jungle adventure like a month ago and i haven't had a single sim visit selvadorada because i keep forgetting that's a thing.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Sometimes I would like to forget certain features exist. *cough* Laundry *cough* :*
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    I brought 'Outdoor Retreat' 2+ years ago and still have not played it. I forgot I had it.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I constantly forget about bowling. lol. I've went to a bowling alley once, and never had again.
    I always forget about Magnolia Pomerade, where the stores are. I never use the retail stores there! [Nor have I owned a store or business].
    shame on me, but I forget about forgotten hollow, then I go there and I'm like: WHY AREN'T I USING THIS, IT'S GREAT!

There's a lot in my game I haven't even played with such as the get to work careers like scientist and detective as well.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited July 2018
    I never had my sim reach 10 handiness and just recently, I thought to myself “do I have to wait for stuff to break and fix it just to level the skill?!?” And then I saw on the wikia using the woodcrafting table increases the skill. Ever since it was announced in the very beginning of TS4 that a wood crafting table would be included I was so excited for it, but I don’t know how I completely forgot about it! Also the cupcake machine, I didn’t like it from the very beginning as well because of its size and look and the other day I found it in Build/Buy mode and thought what ep did I get this from and remembered it came in the base game
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Absolutely! All the time. There are so many things I haven't done with the game. I've tried to explore new things in my game lately rather than constantly sticking to the same things.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I downloaded the most beautiful bowling alley right after the pack came out and I have still not visited it even once. My sims also do not visit retail lots. They must be online only shoppers.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Everything related to the handiness skill. There are a lot of cool things you can do with it, like unlocking TV stations and making fireplaces turn on automatically when someone enters the room, and that sort of thing. Still, for some reason I always forget to upgrade my possessions.

o.O I had no idea the handiness skill offered that feature and I've maxed it out multiple times! Thanks for mentioning that! Also, I keep forgetting about the future cube and the animal hats that came with the deluxe version. I was checking out more ways to get inspired for my flower arranging Sim and found a list that said if you ask the future cube for 'creative ideas,' you'll get a 6 hr. inspired moodlet. With the hats, your Sim can wear the chicken one for a 3 hr. inspired moodlet. I already knew about both of these but had forgotten. D'oh! :)

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yebb. For me, mainly it was the careers you can go with. I only just played the detective career a month ago and the scientist career after I got seasons. Having a blast! We totally NEED more careers like that :sunglasses: Only have to try the doctor one.

The learning new recipes from the city's foodstalls, especially for my cooks and the Sims in the food career. I keep forgetting it. Especially with Sims that don't live in the city.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Feet46 wrote: »
    I brought 'Outdoor Retreat' 2+ years ago and still have not played it. I forgot I had it.

I bought My First Pet and forgot about it too. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Feet46 wrote: »

I bought My First Pet and forgot about it too. XD

That made me laugh :D
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I'm the other way round, like forgetting features don't exist, like last night I took my very first vampire sim to a karaoke club to practice mixology and then had her tending the bar for an entire day thinking she could make money from it. Imagine my disappointment when I finished her "shift" and she didn't get paid a single penny! I then had her practice singing for hours and sent her to go singing at a night club thinking maybe she'd get paid for entertaining the guests. Again not a penny.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, I blame EA! There are just so many things in the game now, how can we be expected to remember them all? :D I'm sure that there is a huge expansive mound of things I have not even tried because I've forgotten they exist.

I keep meaning to add an umbrella stand into my current families home, but do I ever remember? Nope, they still go out and get soaked.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    There's lots of things I keep forgetting. Like recently I forgot you can change the colors of each sim's phone and that you can click on a low need to auto fix it.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    There's lots of things I keep forgetting. Like recently I forgot you can change the colors of each sim's phone and that you can click on a low need to auto fix it.

I have forgotten about the phone colours too. I used it when it first came, but think they got reset after that.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Lol, I blame EA! There are just so many things in the game now, how can we be expected to remember them all? :D I'm sure that there is a huge expansive mound of things I have not even tried because I've forgotten they exist.

I keep meaning to add an umbrella stand into my current families home, but do I ever remember? Nope, they still go out and get soaked.

I have been thinking about making a mind-map of all the packs and all the game play they offer. :D
    I just recently put out the ice cream maker for my sim. It's been ages since I had someone use it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Always, tbh!
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I always forget we have Spas. I never use anything from Spa Day like it doesn't exist unless someone on here says something about this pack and then I go "oh I need to send my sims to a spa" only to forget about it again :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about making a mind-map of all the packs and all the game play they offer. :D
    I just recently put out the ice cream maker for my sim. It's been ages since I had someone use it.
    That's a great idea. Would you be willing to share?

Edit: I started one, as you can see, and I was going to do a 'per pack' branch but when I got to Seasons I realised that there is no way on Earth I would fit everything on one branch lol. Now I don't know how to do it.

Sims%204%20Mind%20Map.jpg?dl=0
    Post edited by elanorbreton on