Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• Options
    ConfusedSubConfusedSub Posts: 8 New Member
    Does anyone else have the problem of when their Sims decorate the Winterfest tree the decorations don't appear?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Does anyone else have the problem of when their Sims decorate the Winterfest tree the decorations don't appear?

Hello
    Try moving the tree into an open space, away from walls or the corner and see if that helps with the issue.
  • Options
    Crystal03Crystal03 Posts: 15 Member
    My locked doors remain locked, but don't keep anyone out. The card table is irresistible- my sims will stop anything to go and play. All of my sims have claimed their beds, but they still don't want to sleep in their own beds. Pets... my dogs are in constant need of petting, and I've changed their traits to independent. The routing is ridiculous- sims are literally walking through anything.... tables, counters, you name it. My sims want to run in from the rain and from the blizzards when they are already inside, so then they just stand there for ages until I cancel out the action. That... and they just stand there for ages, wasting time, for no reason. They aren't really frozen... it's just weird. The leaf piles on the non-editable lots is so annoying. And WHY for the love, can we NOT make hot chocolate at home???? So stupid.
  • Options
    NiyabellaNiyabella Posts: 3 New Member
    My umbrella rack is bugged out, my sims can’t take an umbrella at all and they get a negative buff. I can’t do anything because as soon as I click the grab an umbrella action it [i]immediately[/i] gets cancelled out. So annoying.
  • Options
    Niyabella wrote: »
    My umbrella rack is bugged out, my sims can’t take an umbrella at all and they get a negative buff. I can’t do anything because as soon as I click the grab an umbrella action it immediately gets cancelled out. So annoying.

Hello
    Try selling the umbrella rack. Then buy a new one and see if the issue remains,

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
  • Options
    Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Flcty1969 wrote: »
    I have had two games now where, when winter hits, my sims freeze. I have reset them a couple of times but they reset and still don't move.

Hello
    Does this occur at the start of the Winter season? What are the sims doing when the freezing occurs ? Does it occur very often?

Pretty much at the beginning. I can't especially remember what they doing :-(

I did remove the very few mods I had and I just manged to get through winter!

• Options
    I have had two games now where, when winter hits, my sims freeze. I have reset them a couple of times but they reset and still don't move.

Hello
    Does this occur at the start of the Winter season? What are the sims doing when the freezing occurs ? Does it occur very often?

Pretty much at the beginning. I can't especially remember what they doing :-(

I did remove the very few mods I had and I just manged to get through winter!

Hello
    Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps . Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate.
    Playing in windowed mode may help. Use laptop mode if you play on a laptop,
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member

Hello
    Try moving the tree into an open space, away from walls or the corner and see if that helps with the issue.

Mine was like that when placed in the centre of the foyer.
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    Was there a ceiling light either above or near the tree in the foyer? This can cause issues also.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not sure if this was posted, but my Sim can't find any dig rocks to find metals/crystals/fossils. Since the goal of this family is to finish most of the collections (at least the ones that weren't part of events) this bug is particularly bad. I know you have to spend a lot of time in a neghborbood, but there were none in her home neighborhood, and I found one way back in the corner of the area around the park in Oasis Springs. I see plenty of dig spots for dogs spawining, and the cloned plants that are now mounds of dirt since spring is over so they're out of season. But no dig rocks. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member

Hello

Hello
    Was there a ceiling light either above or near the tree in the foyer? This can cause issues also.

Yes, there was... a debug square light on the same floor and a large chandelier on the floor above though no ceiling between the two. Will I have to remove both?
  • Options

Hello

Hello

Yes, there was... a debug square light on the same floor and a large chandelier on the floor above though no ceiling between the two. Will I have to remove both?

You could try testing by removing both of them and see if that helps the tree issue. If that helps the issue, then try putting back one of them and see if the issue returns. Then test with the other one.
  • Options
    JackNapierJokerJackNapierJoker Posts: 1 New Member
    Half of my cheat codes don't work and it's not a mod messing it up. I completely removed all downloads and restarted it fresh and it's still doing it :*(
  • Options
    Half of my cheat codes don't work and it's not a mod messing it up. I completely removed all downloads and restarted it fresh and it's still doing it :*(

Hello
    There has been some cheats that have been removed by the Developers throiugh the latest patch . This article explains about this
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/
  • Options
    blessinemblessinem Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > blessinem wrote: »
    >
    > i have a mac and always play sims 4, when i downloaded seasons it would say (not responding) under the force quit menu. my sims has not been opening but worked fine just before that. ive uninstalled it 3 times. i have cc and mods but i took it out of the folder
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    > Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

you are a life saver!! when can i put cc in mods back into my game?
  • Options
    blessinem wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > blessinem wrote: »
    >
    > i have a mac and always play sims 4, when i downloaded seasons it would say (not responding) under the force quit menu. my sims has not been opening but worked fine just before that. ive uninstalled it 3 times. i have cc and mods but i took it out of the folder
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    > Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

you are a life saver!! when can i put cc in mods back into my game?

Hello @blessinem
    You will need to test which cc/mods are causing the issues. Put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't use any mods.
    The other day before saving it was the 6th day of all. The next day when I started up the game, it said it was the first day of fall but the weather for the whole week was like winter with snow etc. New Years Eve etc was scheduled for fall and there was another harvest fest and winterfest. The plants are reacting to winter, not fall.
    It appears that somehow fall and winter got combined into one week. I am playing with each season for seven days each.
    This is so annoying.
    I was looking forward to a proper winter not a mashup of fall and winter.
  • Options
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I don't use any mods.
    The other day before saving it was the 6th day of all. The next day when I started up the game, it said it was the first day of fall but the weather for the whole week was like winter with snow etc. New Years Eve etc was scheduled for fall and there was another harvest fest and winterfest. The plants are reacting to winter, not fall.
    It appears that somehow fall and winter got combined into one week. I am playing with each season for seven days each.
    This is so annoying.
    I was looking forward to a proper winter not a mashup of fall and winter.

Hello @Nh6650
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. What is the season in your game now? Has Winter or has Spring started?
  • Options
    TinietwoTinietwo Posts: 4 New Member
    I know someone else mentioned it in this thread already,

but the clock issue is HORRIBLE now. Before seasons it only bothered me in San myshuno, but now Brindleton Bay and New Crest are almost unplayable for me. :/ Clock just jumps back and forth, sims not comming home from work at the correct time etc.
  • Options
    cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    Anyone else send several sims at once to rake leaves? I just did and a couple of them started raking INSIDE THE HOUSE! Now there's a giant leaf pile in the center of my living room! Not sure if this is a glitch, or what... Perhaps my roof doesn't completely cover the house properly so leaves are "getting in?" Anyone else experience this issue?
  • Options
    cbartsch69 wrote: »
    Anyone else send several sims at once to rake leaves? I just did and a couple of them started raking INSIDE THE HOUSE! Now there's a giant leaf pile in the center of my living room! Not sure if this is a glitch, or what... Perhaps my roof doesn't completely cover the house properly so leaves are "getting in?" Anyone else experience this issue?

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/m-p/6888999#M65471
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > @rosemow Do you know if anyone has reported unplayed sims changing into a hidden outfit category when it rains? I say this because it's not just a random outfit. It's the same outfit each time. I play my entire neighborhood on rotation and when I see my other sims when it rains they aren't wearing the clothing I gave them but these weird "rain" outfits. At first, I thought it was something to do with a mod that wasn't allowing them to use an umbrella. But, I removed that mod and they were still doing it. Finally, I spent the last few hours testing with no mods in the same neighborhood. When it rains some of them change into those outfits. Not all. I can't see any pattern to it other than it seems to be some sort of hidden raingear category. I've seen a few people on Twitter mention it but I feel like not many people go through the trouble to give every single sim in their save new outfits like I did so they aren't noticing this issue seeing as how random townies always look horrible. I checked Answers HQ and can't find anything. Thanks.

It may be that they are wearing work clothing. I think the one you refer to as a "rain" outfit is one of the secret agent outfits. My Sim kept coming home from work in this weird outfit that I could easily call a raincoat with a tight fitting hood. She was at the Lead Detective level. Since her promotion she wears a suit everyday.
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    It may be that they are wearing work clothing. I think the one you refer to as a "rain" outfit is one of the secret agent outfits. My Sim kept coming home from work in this weird outfit that I could easily call a raincoat with a tight fitting hood. She was at the Lead Detective level. Since her promotion she wears a suit everyday.

I know the outfit you mean. No, this is clothing mostly from the new pack. Jackets with santa hats or turbans and sunglasses. And it's not just one sim it's almost all of them in the entire save.
  • Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2018
    Not 100% sure this is a glitch but why is it warm in winter?

Town : willow creek

rQb0ks0.png

edit : my sims woke up and they're freezing so it is a bug
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Joey_XuX wrote: »
    Not 100% sure this is a glitch but why is it warm in winter?

Town : willow creek

rQb0ks0.png

edit : my sims woke up and they're freezing so it is a bug

Hello
    It does look like a glitch. It may change as the day goes on.