Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

problem with bridge

I'm having a problem with one of my bridges in caw. In testing the game, while sims can drive over it with no problems, and it is connected to the road with the appropriate light blue box on both ends, for some reason my sims cannot walk over the bridge. This is only happening on one of my two bridges (same type of bridge, same type of road). I adjusted the height of the road so it connects to the bridge smoothly on both ends. Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I can fix it? Can I add a sidewalk over the bridge as a work-around? Any help would be great, I know bridges can cause problems but I've never seen this before where they can drive but not walk over one. There is no routing paint touching the bridge.

Comments

• RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey,

Many of us leave bridges out of the game now as they can cause people's sims to get stuck when they try and walk over them. I think it started effecting folks some time around the Pets EP and patches, I forget exactly which ones now.

If you don't have any of the EP's or SP's that were released after that time, then it's worth going to the view menu, select show routing, under the layers option turn off terraine. The red lines you see (not the red boxes) show the routing for pedestrians across bridges. It's worth just checking to make sure they're nice and smooth and not broken.

But if you have any of the later EPs then chances are you have the bridge issue that many of us face and have failed to fix with any certainty. Like many of the Sims bugs, seems to effect some folk and not others with little rhyme or reason. After spending days trying to fix my bridges, I just gave up and did away with them all.

Many of us now just disguise the side of regular roads across water to make them 'look' like bridges. You can get some really nice effects doing this. But be warned if you have Seasons. Once again, the routing was changed and you can't have objects that create a red box in the routing lines too close to the road.

Best of luck!
    Rem

• CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sigh... Thanks. I had a feeling this wasn't going away easily. I didn't want to eliminate the bridge because the other one works fine, and it is more cohesive this way, so now I have to decide if I keep the one that works or just get rid of them both. Is it possible to dig holes under the road to keep a river running? I've never tried the flat road over a river before.

I have all the EPs but pets installed in my game, it seemed to really slow the game down.
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think I might have had the same problem before on my first world.

Do you have any unroutable items underneath your bridge such as certain plants, rocks, or trees? If you do then try to move it out of the way. The item could also be on one of the sidewalks. Try to use "show routing data" and look for red lines which indicate blockage.

The Sims 3 routing is actually very two-dimensional. The elevation of the sim on the Y-axis isn't doesn't matter.

I hope that helps!

In my opinion, a beautiful bridge is always a good centerpiece for a world.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited February 2013
    Having the exact same issue. =(

I have three bridges in my world, have tried everything. I have two large Egyptian bridges and a plank bridge. Started testing the plank bridge, sim almost made it over then would stop. Cars drive over fine.
    Then tested the Egyptian bridges, same thing. The sim would leave the one bridge by dropping under it to go to point B which was the other Egyptian bridge and pop up from underneath in the middle of it. All edges attached correctly, no routing paint under bridge. I didn't wanna get rid of the bridges because they look awesome I think. I had replaced the plank bridge with a third Egyptian bridge but that didn't do any good.
  • pop_culpop_cul Posts: 6 New Member
    Please somebody help.i have same issue.i jabe plank bridge no problem.but suspension bridge is problematic.:::(((((((
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2018
    @pop_cul wrote: »
    Please somebody help.i have same issue.i jabe plank bridge no problem.but suspension bridge is problematic.:::(((((((

Hi :)

Your issue is with Sims not crossing the bridge?

Is it over land or water?
    Can you link a picture of the bridge and the land where they align?

*It takes a bit of leveling of the road/bridge and the bridge height but it's not that hard to get them to work correctly. :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Oh thanks my friend.but i have already solved my problem..thanks for your care..
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @pop_cul wrote: »
    Oh thanks my friend.but i have already solved my problem..thanks for your care..

Great! What did you do to fix it?
    İ have cleared the objects beneath and near the suspension bridge.also vicious objects to suspension bridge.secondly,changed y axis slightly.and it was solved.