Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I carve pumpkins?

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
How do I carve pumpkins? I don't have the spooky stuff pack and I don't see any pumpkins to buy? Do I need to garden and grow them just to carve pumpkins? Please tell me that they didn't release an expansion pack that requires one to also buy a stuff pack in order to do everything in the EP...
Also, I can't throw a halloween party event on halloween?

Comments

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2018
    Carving pumpkins comes with Spooky stuff but Spooky stuff came out years ago. You don't need it for seasons to work or to play it.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Okay, so how do I carve pumpkins in seasons without spooky stuff? Because carving pumpkins is part of one of the traditions in seasons.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Okay, so how do I carve pumpkins in seasons without spooky stuff? Because carving pumpkins is part of one of the traditions in seasons.
    You can't you need Spooky Day.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    You don't need it to complete the tradition. You can talk to ghosts and aliens too, I believe. If you're talking about the spooky spirit tradition.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    You can't you need Spooky Day.

Thank you!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Carving pumpkins isn’t a tradition; you are thinking of the “spooky spirit” tradition which includes various things like carving pumpkins
  • Options
    missmaddmissmadd Posts: 7 New Member
    But if you want to carve pumpkins how do you do it?
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Step 1: own spooky stuff
    Step 2: buy the carving station
    Step 3: use it
  • Options

Couldn't have you just said you need Spooky Stuff to carve pumpkins?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Does that really answer this question-
    missmadd wrote: »

• Options
    edited June 2018

In my opinion yes. You don't need to mean and give them bullet points on how to carve a pumpkin. But I might have told them wrong so it's fine no worries I think I said you needed Spooky Day to carve pumpkins lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member

In my opinion yes. You don't need to mean and give them bullet points on how to carve a pumpkin. But I might have told them wrong so it's fine no worries I think I said you needed Spooky Day to carve pumpkins lol

They weren't being mean. They were literally just giving a step-by-step on how to do it in order to answer the question thoroughly enough...lol.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options

'
    I was just answering the question "how do you carve pumpkins". You answered the question if they need spooky day, but someone else asked how to do it, so i figured I would be more detailed in how to do it. I'm not sure how that is mean? I think you are projecting a tone that isn't there.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The carving station from the Spooky Stuff Pack offers the option to carve a pumpkin when you click on it. There is no other way that I know of in the Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The carving station from the Spooky Stuff Pack offers the option to carve a pumpkin when you click on it. There is no other way that I know of in the Sims 4.

Yes, agree. The only way I have been able to carve pumpkins is through the Spooky Stuff Carving Table.

Sidebar, is anyone else disappointed that pumpkins were not a harvestable in Season?? I was really banking on creating a pumpkin patch where my sims families could go select their pumpkins!
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Sounds like you're gonna have to buy Spooky Stuff to get the most out of a halloween holiday. Pumpkin carving and halloween parties are literally its thing.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Sims team sure knew what they were doing when they decided to spread the sims 4 content out into 10,000 different packs.... $$$$$
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sims team sure knew what they were doing when they decided to spread the sims 4 content out into 10,000 different packs.... $$$$$

I wish we had 10,000 packs. Knowing me I'd use it all. Now you have me wishful thinking. Bout time the Sims packs played nicely with each other and complimented the eps. Many Simmers asked for this for years becaused used to be eps were just made to work well with the basegame so they did not always perform in a good way or as well as they could have with other packs - all the time. It's really nice to see. Works more like I'd expect - it compliments the ep without being absolutely necessary - but the Holiday is still doable with out that pack as well. I like the thought.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

what was wrong with it. the simmer answered the question in a helpful way :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018

they have been doing this from day one
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

what was wrong with it. the simmer answered the question in a helpful way :o
    Nothing its all good. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641