Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGrant's Supernatural Poll

Comments

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I like mermaids but voted robots because I'd probably use robots more than mermaids. We'd still get swimmable oceans in a beach pack, even without mermaids.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I would want werewolves and zombies first if they were even a little bit scary, I think. I know they would never make it TOO scary - that's just not the Sims way - but a little actual danger for my sims might be fun. In Sims 3, I used to pretend the zombies were waayyyy more dangerous than they were and everybody had to rush home and lock themselves indoors before they started popping up. Then the zombies would stand outside playing on their phones and ruin it, lol. Sims 2 witches were a lot of fun, though, so I'm looking forward to their return.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Grant likes Robots and it is currently losing to Imaginary Friends so if you want Robots more I should vote quickly if I were you all. If he likes Robots he'll probably make a good job of them. I wouldn't mind a better household maid/butler than at present!
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2018
    Why does it have to be werewolves? Why not shapeshifters? Shapeshifters are more interesting and would make for a more interesting and never seen before supernatural life state. Sims could shapeshift into a werewolf, but they could also shapeshift into a mythological creature made of pure fantasy or horror. We could even get a Shapeshifter CAS where they have their mortal form and then transform into their truest supernatural form.

Being able to transform into any kind of creature just isn't realistic because it would require too many new assets. They'd also need to be more fleshed out than just "can turn into a weird form". The werewolves in TS3 had more going on like packs, the lunar cycle and wolf-like behaviours, so you'd need to give Shapeshifters more to work with than just changing into a different from, which both aliens and Vampires already do.

I would be up for seeing sims with animal traits expressed in a different way than Werewolves. Something like Kitsunes could be really cool, and has the potential to be something completely new and different.

Honestly I'd rather have anything than Witches, who I've always found the most bland due to looking no different to a regular sim. For me the most enjoyable part of occult sims is their unique, unusual appearances and playing with genetics to produce really cool looking children.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »
    Why does it have to be werewolves? Why not shapeshifters? Shapeshifters are more interesting and would make for a more interesting and never seen before supernatural life state. Sims could shapeshift into a werewolf, but they could also shapeshift into a mythological creature made of pure fantasy or horror. We could even get a Shapeshifter CAS where they have their mortal form and then transform into their truest supernatural form.

Being able to transform into any kind of creature just isn't realistic because it would require too many new assets. They'd also need to be more fleshed out than just "can turn into a weird form". The werewolves in TS3 had more going on like packs, the lunar cycle and wolf-like behaviours, so you'd need to give Shapeshifters more to work with than just changing into a different from, which both aliens and Vampires already do.

I would be up for seeing sims with animal traits expressed in a different way than Werewolves. Something like Kitsunes could be really cool, and has the potential to be something completely new and different.

Honestly I'd rather have anything than Witches, who I've always found the most bland due to looking no different to a regular sim. For me the most enjoyable part of occult sims is their unique, unusual appearances and playing with genetics to produce really cool looking children.

And this is exactly why I prefer witches. :) I always used a mod to get rid of the green skin tone and sparkling in Sims 2.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2018
    I hope the mermaids win, because so the producers will have to create a water world for them, and they will have tails. I want you to win what to make the Sim less like a Sim. Like, the witches if they win, they're going to make some Harry Potter-style clothes, and then, if you take their clothes off, they'll look like some other Sim. But the mermaids, fairies, werewolves and zombies do not, because one will have tail, another wings, another hair and large teeth and zombies then ...
    I want you to win something more diverse.

Not if you are able to make them looking different, like The Wizard of Oz. A green witch, a ugly pointed nose witch, a colorful pink witch and others like that

Now this is interesting. To me, while I'm not against Werewolves, I fail to see (though, of course, I'm just one person with one mind) how Werewolves could be as interesting as Vampires and Witches. Shapeshifting could be cooler.

They could give players a BUNCH of fantasy customization options (new Supernatural eyes, teeth, horns, noses, body hair, hair, skins, claws, tails, ears, mouths, tentacles, etc) and then add a menu in-game similar to the Vampire menu (maybe bigger?) that adds a whole bunch of abilities as well as flaws for that Shapeshifer.

It could allow people to create Werewolves as well as other kinds of entities. Like Kitsunes, Angels, Demons, things like that or even completely random and original forms.

Now i want to make a Faun!!!!

edited June 2018
    Not much change since yesterday. Final poll should be up soon.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    If they bring werewolves back, werefolks of different kinds would be more interesting.
    Werewolves, Werecats, Skinwalker types who can turn in to any animal. People who are in to furries or otherkin (not me but others lmao) could have a town straight out of Zootopia if they wanted.
    Werewolves are too boring and one dimensional on their own. They aren't even that interesting in movies let alone giving them the Vampires GP treatment with all kinds of options. But with different shape shifting nature capabilities there could be way more fun things to do than say upgrading your ability to howl at the moon lmao

As far as the poll though it's definitely bang on with my personal theory that we'll get witches and mermaids before anything else. People have been screaming for witches for ages and the mermaid concept is popular enough in mod form they'll want to capitalize on that sooner rather than later. I have a few houses where the pool's wall makes up the room's wall and mermaids would make it more of a super cool aquarium. Right now it just looks like my Sims are creeping on their guests while they swim or something lmao
    Post edited by Paralee on
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    mermaids and witches and fairies would be amazing o:) don’t really care about the others
    Don't forget SimGuruGrant is having a Twitter Q&A today, 6/29.

That's 6-7pm on the east coast.
  • Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    I have talked about this in another threats, but to resume what i said before, I stringly believe it would be amazing and a great opportunity now with seasons to introduce a new exotical type of mermaid.
    What I mean is this, think of a vacational or fixed world to live ( not 100% sure), where you would go with your sime lover to sunbathe in the beach, she falls a sleep and gets burned and goes back to the bungalo, while he stays in the beach to dive and discover the under water peaceful world, where he by chance met a mermaid. A mythical creature that can not go out of the sea, with a stunning tail color, he comes to viait every evening to befriend the mermaid. Once day the mermaid tells him all his secreta to the human and takes him to his world ( an underwater small world which we would need to a travel panel like when you go from town to town and there would be maybe 5 lots spaces) a small marmaid village, full of this creatures ( with specific water furniture, mermaid families, interactions,traits etc ) which the human could study.
    What i had though this would be a gameplay where we could see;
    -sunbathing
    -scuba diving and diving
    -toddlers fixed toys places to make sand castle
    -live guard with flags for the beachand upcoming sea storms (seasons)
    -volleyball
    -a nice loving system for mermeis such as the vampires got
    - mermaids could only come to land by a temporary potion or a permanent cure
    - New traits and skills
    -new tropical plants, flowers and ofcourse recepies
    -new colectibles to be able to personalize you acuarions
    - mermaids to be more mythical and misterious

I am aware that it sounds a bit ambicious, but taking into account the great work of vampires and season I have the hope that they will keep the good and hard work plus it could be a great opportunity to do something new and refreshing. What do you think ?
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018
    I liked imaginary friends. They were my sims romantic interest. Less work for me to find them one lol

I would like to see them look different though. IronSeagull on YouTube suggested maybe make then look more like stuff animals and I like the idea. We already a racoon, a rabbit and several bear costumes.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ianamus wrote: »

And this is exactly why I prefer witches. :) I always used a mod to get rid of the green skin tone and sparkling in Sims 2.
    Agreed. I also love the creatures with two appearances (a human form and a supernatural one). And I prefer my in game born genies to the dark blue ones that come from the lamp.

I wouldn’t know what to vote by the way, I love all supernaturals as long as they’re done in an interesting way. I’d also like new ones we haven’t seen before. I read guruGrant doesn’t consider superheroes a supernatural life state. I regret that (and I disagree).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Witches more in line with Makin' Magic would be pretty great. I'll have to plead with Grant for the return of MM's FlaminGoGo Dancers.
    6riwm5.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm surprised imaginary friends have as many votes as they do honestly. I didn't think people liked them that much.

This surprised me also!! I personally found them incredibly boring. They were neat at first but they didn't really do a whole lot and I sort of got annoyed with them at times - they were kinda needy :lol: But, I love what they did with Vampires this time around so I'm sure they could make improvements. I'd still MUCH rather have witches, werewolves, fairies and zombies before them, though.

ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    YASSSS OMGGGG MYY WIG
    also please @SimGuruGraham we need a school of magicK thnx bye!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    I'm surprised imaginary friends have as many votes as they do honestly. I didn't think people liked them that much.

This surprised me also!! I personally found them incredibly boring. They were neat at first but they didn't really do a whole lot and I sort of got annoyed with them at times - they were kinda needy :lol: But, I love what they did with Vampires this time around so I'm sure they could make improvements. I'd still MUCH rather have witches, werewolves, fairies and zombies before them, though.

Sue me, but I think it's the laundry situation all over again: reproducing Sims 3 plainly and simply.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode