Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saving Lots in Sims 4... How?

So I build a house/lot in Sims 4 and I want to use this house in a new game, how do I save this lot to my library (or wherever it goes) in order to place it in a new game (and how do you bulldoze)?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Go into build/buy mode, look up at the top middle of the screen, one of the buttons allows you to save it to your library (the third button from the right).

"Bulldozing" I believe you can do from the manage world's screen (hit escape, select manage worlds). I might be misremembering that one though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    TheEnchantressTheEnchantress Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you, I managed to save the lot to library with your instructions. But i cannot find the option to bulldoze from Manage Worlds, or anything else. Where could it be lol.

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: I figured it out. Its in Build Mode, under the Lot Info button "Middle top" and theres a bulldoze button there.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @TheEnchantress, you're right, I don't see the bulldozer anywhere either. I have not used bulldoze on any lots; just gone into them and used the sledgehammer to take out everything I didn't want (The entire house can be removed at once, which only leaves landscaping behind).

I guess that's how they want us to do it; I could have sworn I did see a button that looked like a bulldozer despite never using it...but I just looked (I'm playing right now) and it seems I am mistaken.
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    .. The Bulldozer button is available in the Lot-Info section of the Build Mode screen
  • Options
    .. The Bulldozer button is available in the Lot-Info section of the Build Mode screen

Hah! Awesome, I am glad I wasn't crazy recalling having seen it somewhere. Thanks for clearing that up m8.
  • Options
    Street_SimmerStreet_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    How d u save a lot as a vet clinic and not a house????

Street_Simmer
  • Options
    Street_SimmerStreet_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Street_Simmer

You have to change lot type before saving.
    It's under the Information Button top left.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Itsme_AndreaItsme_Andrea Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry if we are answering the same question again:

I am transferring comps, so I’ll have to DL the game again to the new comp...if I save the Lot I’m bldg, will it still transfer by saving it to the Library? I just figured I’d have to upload it to the community and DL to my new game from there.

TIA for your help!!!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

Street_Simmer

The same way you save a house. It's how you save any lot into your library.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Go into build/buy mode, look up at the top middle of the screen, one of the buttons allows you to save it to your library (the third button from the right).

"Bulldozing" I believe you can do from the manage world's screen (hit escape, select manage worlds). I might be misremembering that one though.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Itsme_Andrea Hi! Save the lot to your Library and when you transfer computers, copy not only your Saves folder over but also your Tray folder. The Tray folder = your Library.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    IncalesceneIncalescene Posts: 11 New Member
    How do you save a house but also show what packs were used in the build so others know? Like when it shows the paw print for pets or the rain cloud for seasons and such. Thank you in advance for any help.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @Incalescene The game should do that automatically. The icons aren't visible if you view the build from the what's new column, but checking it through your library or searching from the gallery they should be there.
  • Options
    IncalesceneIncalescene Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I just kinda did my first house ever and I used rooms that other people made. (I gave them credit.) I made some changes and added my own touches and I really liked what I ended up with for my first ever house not made fully by someone else. Wanted to share it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Street_Simmer

Go into the Manage Town; enter the lot using the build/edit criss-cross tools (hammer and a wrench, I think it is) and once there you can upload the lot same as one you own. Hope this helps. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top