Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot chocolate

Is there hot chocolate in Seasons? Where/how do you find it?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    YEP, you can find it at one of the stalls that tend to spawn in the Winter. There's even apple cider.

I haven't checked to see if you can order hot chocolate via cafe barista yet.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Can you make it yourself?
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    It's only in a stall?? I'd rather make it myself at home for my Sims.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I believe you can brew apple cider and bee tea on the tea brewer but not the hot chocolate, iced coffee and lemonade, which are only purchased in the food stalls
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Thanks for all the info! :D
    Aussie_Simmer
    edited June 2018
    Well I'm pretty disappointed. I love hot chocolate and it sucks I can't just make it in Sim homes. How annoying. I don't want apple cider and bee tea (whatever that is). I just want hot chocolate.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    Well I'm pretty disappointed. I love hot chocolate and it plum I can't just make it in Sim homes. How annoying. I don't want apple cider and bee tea (whatever that is). I just want hot chocolate.

I believe "bee tea" is honey tea. I know lemonade can be made with the drink tray from Backyard Stuff iirc. Hot chocolate I'm not sure about. I imagine a coffee/espresso machine but if not, then it may only be available from stalls.
    6riwm5.png
  • simscoven88simscoven88 Posts: 58 Member
    It's very weird, in buy debug mode I found a mug with marshmallows in it and it says hot chocolate ... when you buy the hot chocolate in town it comes in a "to go" cup which is different ... which makes me think since the mug is in the game then why can't we make it ??? maybe we can ?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Can you get it at the cafes? If so you could
    Make it home with the expresso maker.
  • simscoven88simscoven88 Posts: 58 Member
    tried the expresso maker and nothing , tried the cafe also nothing
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Has anyone tried to see if hot chocolate is available to add to the menus for dine out restuarents?
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2018
    No, it's not at the restaurants. That's disappointing. Maybe they will change it later if enough of us ask, since they did make the "toddler foods" available to all Sims later on. Originally they were only available by clicking on a high chair if the household had a toddler.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Nope Hot chocolate isn't available at restaurants:'( . Bee tea is in the drinks list. Why do one without the other.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i noticed bee tea is listed twice in restaurants. i'm hoping the second one is meant to be hot cocoa

fe99eead545d0a51914036052cf38f04.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i noticed bee tea is listed twice in restaurants. i'm hoping the second one is meant to be hot cocoa

fe99eead545d0a51914036052cf38f04.png

Might want to report that as a bug: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I think I'll start haunting the internet for a CC home hot cocoa solution. I want my Sims to curl up by the fireplace together at home with their cocoa as well as getting a hot cocoa while they're out enjoying winter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I was so disappointed when I found out you can’t make it at home. I finally found a hot chocolate food stall for my Sim, and it gave her the disappointing drink moodlet. I mean really? :|
    edited June 2018
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I was so disappointed when I found out you can’t make it at home. I finally found a hot chocolate food stall for my Sim, and it gave her the disappointing drink moodlet. I mean really? :|

Drinking delicious hot chocolate was disappointing? Why Sims so evil???

Anyway, maybe someone can mod in hot chocolate for the tea brewer at home, or a special hot chocolate machine? I rarely use mods, but I'd definitely use that one.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    but report made (at least about the restaurant bit). we'll see if that gets them poking at hot chocolate in general
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Drinking delicious hot chocolate was disappointing? Why Sims so evil???

Anyway, maybe someone can mod in hot chocolate for the tea brewer at home, or a special hot chocolate machine? I rarely use mods, but I'd definitely use that one.

Haha! I got a really strange look from my husband for yelling “what is wrong with you?” at my Sim.

I’m really hoping the modders can do something with this, it’s the only thing that has really disappointed me about this EP so far.
    edited June 2018
    This is very annoying and disappointing. Went to several different areas to find a stall that serves hot chocolate and found nothing. Dunno why this is a thing at all. Plenty of ppl make it at home. I shouldn't have to go wandering around the neighbourhoods just for the chance to drink some.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    What about the bar? I still don't have Seasons so I can't try it out, but maybe you guys can look there?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    What about the bar? I still don't have Seasons so I can't try it out, but maybe you guys can look there?

The new drinks aren't at the bars.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

The new drinks aren't at the bars.

Seems like an oversight if they can't be made at home, considering that hot chocolate is usually homemade.

This is why I'm still waiting for Seasons to get patched (and go on sale). :D It looks good, but there are some complaints about tuning and oversights like this one and joggers freezing to death.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    It’s so hard to find! I’ve played winter 4 times now, and only found it once. It’s not available at cafes, bars, or restaurants either :(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I made a café with Dining Out, and I'm pretty sure I could place a coffee machine there which gave customers the option to brew their own hot chocholate. I might be mistaken, maybe there was many coffee options instead of chocholate. Sorry, I'm currently out of town and can't check my game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg