Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please REMAKE Superstar Expansion

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If you do a Fame EP, do it like Superstar.
The Sims 1: Superstar's celebrity system was the most fun in the entire series. You could become an Actor and actually see your Sim act, a Singer and record Songs in the studio or film music videos or become a Model and serve looks at the catwalk.

hqdefault.jpg
000011s15.jpg
Fashion_Runway.jpg

One your Sim reached a certain star level, your Sim's life would drastically change. There were paparazzi's roaming through your trash you needed the take care of and fanatic fans giving you presents, wanting autographs or falling into a coma after seeing your Sim.
It almost felt like a Famous Sim was a new life state like a vampire for example, and that was fun!

We had another celebrity system in TS3, but that was basically by getting to know famous people and then spreading the "fame virus" to everyone else. Not really fun at all.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Second the motion. While we're at it, the Making Magic would be fun as well. That was much better than the witch thing in TS2, more light-hearted.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes to both Superstar and Makin' Magic.
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    Superstar was so fun!
    It is my most favorite Sims 1 expansion. I really wanted Sims 3 Showtime to be like Superstar but it wasn't at all.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I agree! Also yes to a Makin Magic kind of pack.
    Superstar would be a great time to bring back Mrs. Crumplebottom.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Idk why but I wish we could get a proper Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night pack for Sims 4, Get Together was totally different, I don't consider CL or GT as the Late Night pack of TS4. Why can't we get both, Superstar AND Hot Date/Nightlife? I miss the photobooths and pool game.

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I SO need Superstar! I want my Sims to become appreciated artists/actors/film directors etc. There could be paparazzis too, but PLEASE Maxis, make them more like they were in TS1 Superstar! <3
    I think we could get a separate Supermodel/Fashion Forward GP and be able to design our own clothes for Sims using a new pattern/design tool or something. I remember reading about that idea in some Sims 4 pack survey. :)
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can honestly see them milking this sort of DLC

Modelling Gamepack
    Singer Gamepack etc etc
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you do a Fame EP, do it like Superstar.
    The Sims 1: Superstar's celebrity system was the most fun in the entire series. You could become an Actor and actually see your Sim act, a Singer and record Songs in the studio or film music videos or become a Model and serve looks at the catwalk.

hqdefault.jpg
    000011s15.jpg
    Fashion_Runway.jpg

One your Sim reached a certain star level, your Sim's life would drastically change. There were paparazzi's roaming through your trash you needed the take care of and fanatic fans giving you presents, wanting autographs or falling into a coma after seeing your Sim.
    It almost felt like a Famous Sim was a new life state like a vampire for example, and that was fun!

We had another celebrity system in TS3, but that was basically by getting to know famous people and then spreading the "fame virus" to everyone else. Not really fun at all.

I really want this.

Superstar is one of the Ecpansion packs I really want remade in TS4.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I can honestly see them milking this sort of DLC

Modelling Gamepack
    Singer Gamepack etc etc

I'd rather have a fully fledged Expansion for this theme, like Seasons. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Yes please to both a Superstar and a Makin' Magic based pack!
  • sigge17sigge17 Posts: 1 New Member
    i'dont think! They will make Making magic and Superstar. Becous of The Limitations on The game engine they use in The sims 4 And that won.t be possible. Even if they tryed. The idea of Making magic and superstar. is not A priority for Maxis and EA. "i stand on my Question" About it.
    edited June 2018
    sigge17 wrote: »
    i'dont think! They will make Making magic and Superstar. Becous of The Limitations on The game engine they use in The sims 4 And that won.t be possible. Even if they tryed. The idea of Making magic and superstar. is not A priority for Maxis and EA. "i stand on my Question" About it.

I think they're able to create an Expansion like Superstar. TS1's engine was more limited than the current one and they still managed to create this fun and amazing Superstar Expansion, unless you're speaking about Open World or the color wheel, then you're right. It's too limited for that.
    a256aFi.gif
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    sigge17 wrote: »

I'm not sure it'd be that difficult to replicate Superstar with the active careers, but Makin' Magic might be more difficult.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    So I've been playing the sims since almost the very beginning. If I remember correctly TS1 was fully complete when I was introduced to the sims and I purchased all of the games second hand and have every pack except makin' magic (My parents were super religious. But it was so long ago I don't feel like I missed out anymore).

But of all of the packs, superstar was my all time favourite! I really liked the new area just for getting the fame levels up. It was so much fun!

I would be beyond hyped if they just completely remade this pack in TS4 as is.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    I agree, Makin' Magic was also really awesome.
    If we get an EP like Superstar I also hope they include a new world, along with a studio town area, a private mansion neighborhood for the stars and a run-down starting neighborhood for stars-to-be
    a256aFi.gif
    I agree, Makin' Magic was also really awesome.
    If we get an EP like Superstar I also hope they include a new world, along with a studio town area, a private mansion neighborhood for the stars and a run-down starting neighborhood for stars-to-be

That does sound fun, doesn't it?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Idk why but I wish we could get a proper Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night pack for Sims 4, Get Together was totally different, I don't consider CL or GT as the Late Night pack of TS4. Why can't we get both, Superstar AND Hot Date/Nightlife? I miss the photobooths and pool game.

Me too! They could even add the attraction system!
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Same here i would really like to see a sims 4 version of this i didn't play the sims back then but i love that you can actually see your sim recording songs act and model would be a really great EP if well done i would love the fame system to be like sims 1 but with the stars indicating what level celebrity your sim is
  • BloodValkyrieBloodValkyrie Posts: 232 Member
    This would have to have careers similar to Get To Work. I wouldn't mind that. I'd love to have a super model sim, even though in real life I don't ever want to be a model ... ever. I'd also love an actor sim, and I'd love for there to be two lots, one for stage actors and one for film actors. Sounds like a bit much, though. I hope they'd be able to pull that off.
    I would want the celebrity system reworked. I hated how my sim became a celebrity just by meeting a star and befriending them. And there are only a few sims I would want to become a celebrity. I mean, everyone can't be a celebrity, right. Most sims just need to be normal, everyday sims. If every sim is a celebrity, what makes it special?
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    I would want the celebrity system reworked. I hated how my sim became a celebrity just by meeting a star and befriending them. And there are only a few sims I would want to become a celebrity. I mean, everyone can't be a celebrity, right. Most sims just need to be normal, everyday sims. If every sim is a celebrity, what makes it special?
    I couldn't agree more. I really disliked that in Sims 3. It was way to easy to become a star and it was odd when, for example, a normal family's mother was suddenly a celebrity.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > If you do a Fame EP, do it like Superstar.
    > The Sims 1: Superstar's celebrity system was the most fun in the entire series. You could become an Actor and actually see your Sim act, a Singer and record Songs in the studio or film music videos or become a Model and serve looks at the catwalk.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > One your Sim reached a certain star level, your Sim's life would drastically change. There were paparazzi's roaming through your trash you needed the take care of and fanatic fans giving you presents, wanting autographs or falling into a coma after seeing your Sim.
    > It almost felt like a Famous Sim was a new life state like a vampire for example, and that was fun!
    >
    > We had another celebrity system in TS3, but that was basically by getting to know famous people and then spreading the "fame virus" to everyone else. Not really fun at all.

Those pictures bring back some very happy memories, the hours I spent getting sims to the top of stardom; it was such a fantastic pack. I'd love to be able to send my sims 4 sims back to a studio town again. Especially liked the fashion runway and the music video set. :)
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
    I love Studio Town. Everything your sim needed to become an actor or model or singer was right there. And, it had low end places where you start out and high end places where you wanted to make it big and perform there. It made me sad to see that in S3 it was just a studio building on one lot that you could place anywhere. It felt more like a local TV station than a huge movie studio.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Yes yes yes! I would loove that for both superstar and makin' magic, those are my two all time favourite expansions! I hope the sim gurus see that there's demand for this *crosses fingers*