Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate Seasons?

Comments

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I give it a 6; maybe a 6.5 but not enough to round up to a 7.

1) Better weather effects: I would have liked snow depth, snow on roofs, icicles from the eaves, raindrops from roofs, raindrops from umbrellas, rain splash when it hits the ground/puddles, raindrops on windows during heaviest rain.

2) Lack of holiday activities: It feels like Christmas got the most attention. I wish there had been more effort put into adding new activities to do for other holidays - what about a dreidel to spin or painting Easter eggs? Not being able to take active families trick or treating is a big disappointment.

3) More stuff to do in summer: This would have been a great place to add in pool loungers/towels to allow sunbathing. The ability to get a sunburn or suntan. A real diving board that you might find at someone's home rather than a launching platform.

4) Ability to customize our world: I want to be able to click on an unplayed neighbor's house and take down or alter their decor without having to play them first. I really want to be able to click on seasonal rinks/stalls and remove them. Often their placement ruins the aesthetic of a neighborhood. I don't want them forced on me.

5) Clothing categories: Maybe they didn't want to clutter the UI, but why no rain category? When you go out in the rain you have to manually change them into rain gear. And not automatically changing out of cold outfits when indoors seems like a weird oversight (that I imagine they'll change).

Also not being able to see an umbrella in your inventory is frustrating, and I wish they'd randomized NPC umbrellas to pick from several solid colors rather than just black.
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    I cant vote on this cause i dont have it but it looks fun
    Corgis4life
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited June 2018
    7. Would have been more if old bugs didn't make gameplay awful (again... Sims missing the bus and reappearing in their PJs or something and freezing to death, and SIMULATION LAG).

And only 2 Halloween costume options for kids... wow.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    teajaylove wrote: »
    My computer exceeds the recommended specs, and I don't use CC or mods, but I have had a few issues that has deterred me from playing. My sim froze to death because of the lag and I couldn't get her to get inside. The pack is very in depth, and the hard work put into it is evident, but the bugs are a bit too much for me this time. I normally play through them, but there are some issues that are game breaking to me. They will fix them, as they typically do (and I am sure that I will love it then), but for right now I have to unfortunately go with a lower rating.

Yes, i downloaded a park that had an outdoor yoga area. My Sims were stuck at the park because about 10 Sims froze to death and it would let me return home. I have also had one of my important Sims die because he went for a jog. Ugh it's OP imo.
    2UFyFUV.png

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I removed one whole digit due to Oasis Springs being unable to get snow cover. I get what they were going for since it’s a desert, but as the player I should be able to get snow in that world be it from the weather machine or even an in-game setting. Frankly every other residential world can get snow cover, so it’s just a design choice to exclude Oasis Springs. Would have been a nice option to have.

The other digit is a combination of different things that I don’t really care for with the pack. A few examples would be: the simplified temperature system (there is no difference between worlds. Hot is hot, cold is cold. Sims don’t react differently in one world vs another), the lack of a 3 week season length (1, 2, not 3, but let’s do 4. Don’t know why they didn’t just include a 3 week option as well). There’s not a whole lot I dislike about this pack, I’m sure there’s some other things I didn’t list but they aren’t a huge bother.

Overall it’s the highest rating I have given any Sims 4 expansion pack. It blows the rest out of the water, don’t know what changed but they should keep EP’s at this quality level going forward.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    It's a 9 for me. Seasons has added so much to my game, but the current bugs are what led to me deducting a point. Since one of my bugs concerns the calendar (events always get triggered to start immediately rather than on the dates I actually want), I can't give it a perfect score. Once the bugs are fixed I'll be happy rating it 10/10.

Yeah, that's where I am as well -- if it wasn't for the bugs I'd give it a solid 10. I love the fact that it makes gardening a bit of a challenge, with having to take the seasons in account. I'm still reallly into the seasons because I've been doing a lot of remodeling, but I've enjoyed how the game seems more realistic. Snow flurries in early spring (not enough to stick to the ground) and the trees slowly developing leaves really gives a sense of time passing. I'm about to add a family in Oasis Springs to my rotation so I can see how the weather there is different.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I love the pack but give it a 9 because it needs some patching yet.

I think I need an exhaustive guidebook for this pack as I am continualy being surprised by actions and events!
  • Tapio75Tapio75 Posts: 12 New Member
    I would gave 10 for all the weather effects and stuff.

To gardening changes i will give 3 in scale of 1-10. This is because there are things that i dont really enjoy. I love the fact, that i need to harvest stuff ant specific tinme ogf year.. For exxample the grapes and apples really so produce fruit in the late summer or early fall.

Things i dont particularlyu like are the AOE gardening effects. I would rather get items like garden sprinkler for watering to get the AOE effect, but in place of harvesting, i really hate the thing that i can now pick 3 plants at the same time. The thing i am most displeased with is weed sucker. This is yet another nice addition done wrong. The item should be optional item, you need to have in your inventory to use. Not something used by default.

I also dont like the unrealistic way plants seem to behave and react to seasons. At least in my game, grapes start to grow when fall hits, yes they should provide grapes, when it is fall, but the actual plants should stay the whole year. Now they appear when fall hits and disappear when winter comes. They reappear when next fall comes. My great wineyard is practically a wasteland the most part of the year now which i dont like. I do have real grapewines growing in my vackyard, and they do not grow new plants each year, they stay and grow new leaves each spring just like trees. They do grow new wines though.

I think the plants should start to grow on spring, no matter what plant it is, but produce on aproriate time of year.

But i really do love all other aspects of the EP, i just really dislike the way gardening works now. It should be more realistic in some ways.
  • Tapio75Tapio75 Posts: 12 New Member
    Sorry, i can not find the edit button, but i wanted to add, that no matter how nice the weather effects seem, they still are much better on Sims 3. The lack of umbrella variety, no raindrops from roof etc.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd give it a 10. This game pack offers so much that I enjoy. My adult Sim bought food and a drink from food stand that spawned in Willow Creek park and she sat on the swing to eat her meal--priceless. So much game play that this is my favorite pack and I haven't even touched the surface of the game. Created generic skating rink in Willow Creek and it was great watching all the Sims skate; excited for winter to try ice skating and snow ball fights. I delete all spawned townies and EA Sims and place my own in households and not in world. So, it took me hours to change all their summer and winter clothes. Yet, totally worth it because now everyone has on the proper clothes. Seasons has added so much game play to my game. One word--Awesome!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Much as I like seasons in the other installments I found this one to just be so immersive in every season. Can't really tact a number onto how i feel about the entire pack. All I know is that this one here has definitely been a a BIG game changer. Been playing this for a few hours a day and haven't gotten bored. CAS is just great with so much hot/cold clothing for each life stage along with hairstyles. Everybody gets a good bit of stuff. Here's just a couple of things I've enjoyed thus far.

-Sims sitting down at the dinning table all together when called for a grand meal.
    -Gardening feels more like a fun hobby then a chore with the overhaul.
    -Sims running inside anywhere to take immediate shelter in a blizzard.
    -Sims looking and acting like their very hot or cold especially when you notice it in their walk cycle.
    -Toddlers, children and adults alike can use the toddler swimming pool
    -Weather is different within each world. Heavy snow and blizzards in widenburg in winter, but mostly rain and cool temps in Oasis Springs
    -Various decor to decorate your sims home for holidays/seasons
    -Sims calling you up on love day to ask you out
    -It can be hot or cold in the house depending on the harsh temperature outside and it still effects your sims less you have a thermostat
    -Holidays feel like holidays with every life stage able to participate and not feel left out
    -Customizing holidays to you liking and even making your own
    -Animals hiding under furniture during thunderstorms
    -Toddlers getting scared during thunderstorms
    -Patchy the scarecrow is a very helpful guy that does more than just tend gardens. Takes out the trash and cleans up and then plays on the computer for the most part.
    -Sims being able to watch the new years countdown and actually countdown til midnight and celebrate. One sim I invited just autonomously came over and turned it on to the channel.
    -Surprise holidays already ingrained into the calendar (Talk like a pirate day, rebate day, Season premiere.)

I'm just REALLY loving this.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    The sense of time really passing is the biggest 'yay' for me. I love it.

My biggest quibble so far is people not changing out of their cold weather outfits when they come in from the cold. I might as well not have the thermostat, since they just wander around in their snowpants and stuff if I don't tell them to change (which I often don't bother to do, as sometimes they'll immediately decide 'wait, I want to go back outside!' and change back).
  • PeterbiltPeterbilt Posts: 6 New Member
    10!! I really, really love having seasons and weather in my game. I've always loved it from the previous games so I was super pumped when a friend told me about it after the announcement. I've been playing the game so much since I got it :-)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2018
    I give it an eight.

Rotational play is a bit more complex for me. I wish it was set up like Sims 2. For instance, if I leave a household 7 days into spring when I come back I am in the same spot. Now I have to have shorter seasons and go through all the seasons before rotating to the next household so I can still have all my sims experience the holidays.

The bugs and leaf piles have been a downer. I have a bunch of stinky leaf piles all over the neighborhood that I cannot get rid of because of the lack of garbage cans. Sims are leaving parfait and plates of food on the ground sometimes where the food stalls spawn. Also stuck there with no garbage can to clean up the place. Thank goodness for parenthood because I have the sim bag the items into a pack lunch, take it home and throw it away. Blue sims jogging in winter make me nervous.

I could have taken points off for the lack of tradition options but I think they tried to cover the basics and I hope in time they add more like they did with the club system.

I would still recommend it because it is a game changer for me. I really enjoy the weather and the transition between seasons. I watched that creek in willow creek gradually freeze over in winter. It was pretty awesome. The lighting is amazing. I had a family get the bees just to see but I will probably only use them for gardeners. The sims bothered the bees too much. I loved the honey cake. I haven't rotated to any of my gardeners yet so I cannot really speak on that.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Sorry, i can not find the edit button, but i wanted to add, that no matter how nice the weather effects seem, they still are much better on Sims 3. The lack of umbrella variety, no raindrops from roof etc.

Yep Sims 3 is still the winner when it comes to weather.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    edited June 2018
    8.3 average. Not bad. Even including the two voters who don't even play but gave it a 1. :)
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having a lot of fun and love the look and feel of it. Usually it takes awhile for me to roll new content into my game but the weather aspects are obviously right there in your face. Still have a lot of game play to fully explore.. or even start on, but I'd have to rush through it and I'm not willing to do that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    I rate it a 9. I honestly love Seasons so much. I hope they release another expansion pack that I can love as much as I do this one.

For some reason, I didn't get as many bugs as other people did.
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Right now the game itself is unplayable.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I gave it an 7/10 being it lacks the fullness of features that was offered in the past and for me they do matter. However, I like the calendar and one or two more features. It is not an bad pack to have and I also paid (real) less for the pack. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I give 9. I really enjoy new experience. I'll give 10 once the problem ( joggers freezing to death) is going to be fixed.

You can fix it yourself by making their jogging clothing suitable for cold weather. They will not fix that seeing they gave us a way to make all our sims clothes for cold or warm wear.

That's not how it works.

Joggers switch into their workout category when they go jogging, which isn't protected from extreme temperatures. They couldn't bother creating warmth ratings on all the CAS items so they tried to cut corners by giving us hot/cold weather categories that will protect us from extreme temps. I can give a sim a bikini for their cold weather outfit and it would still keep them warm from blizzards.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

@BelongtoLCMS , What problems are you having? There have been a couple of patches released. I haven't shut down my game since last Friday so I haven't installed them yet. :)
    [quote="simgirl1010;c-16574353"][quote="BelongtoLCMS;c-16572954"]Right now the game itself is unplayable. [/quote]

@BelongtoLCMS , What problems are you having? There have been a couple of patches released. I haven't shut down my game since last Friday so I haven't installed them yet. :) [/quote]

I stopped playing Tuesday after having severe lag issues in 10 minutes of play. I did not even have mods or cc installed. For me, I play video games to relax and any experiences with bugs, glitches, or lag means it is not relaxing. Playing for the 10 minutes was more frustrating than fun.

@BelongtoLCMS , What problems are you having? There have been a couple of patches released. I haven't shut down my game since last Friday so I haven't installed them yet. :)

I stopped playing Tuesday after having severe lag issues in 10 minutes of play. I did not even have mods or cc installed. For me, I play video games to relax and any experiences with bugs, glitches, or lag means it is not relaxing. Playing for the 10 minutes was more frustrating than fun.

Sorry it's unplayable for you. There was a patch released on Tuesday but I think the gurus are still working on the lag in build mode issue.
    [quote="simgirl1010;c-16575048"][quote="BelongtoLCMS;c-16574957"][quote="simgirl1010;c-16574353"][quote="BelongtoLCMS;c-16572954"]Right now the game itself is unplayable. [/quote]

@BelongtoLCMS , What problems are you having? There have been a couple of patches released. I haven't shut down my game since last Friday so I haven't installed them yet. :) [/quote]

I stopped playing Tuesday after having severe lag issues in 10 minutes of play. I did not even have mods or cc installed. For me, I play video games to relax and any experiences with bugs, glitches, or lag means it is not relaxing. Playing for the 10 minutes was more frustrating than fun.[/quote]

Sorry it's unplayable for you. There was a patch released on Tuesday but I think the gurus are still working on the lag in build mode issue.[/quote]

I played AFTER the Tuesday patch. I saw no change in the game that told me it was to my standard of playable.