Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2018
    Congrats to all the winners. Well done everyone. Great builds.
    Post edited by jacallon on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @lisabee2 I’m sure it will be quite a tale! ❤️
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited June 2018
    @lisabee2 I’m sure it will be quite a tale! ❤️

OH LOL TY that is so sweet .. it revolves around who is in the little cemetery <3 AND of course the ??? nurse LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Did I miss the other builder level critiques for BnS 96 ... I have never tried something like that and was hoping for feedback. I saw established but did not see the others ... I am not a forum expert so I may have missed something
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @lisabee2 - the mammoth task has taken longer than we expected, we are still diligently working on getting feedback together for the Established and Expert categories and hope to publish them sooner rather than later! Apologies for the delay.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @lisabee2 - the mammoth task has taken longer than we expected, we are still diligently working on getting feedback together for the Established and Expert categories and hope to publish them sooner rather than later! Apologies for the delay.

I was wondering the same thing. I entered in the starting out category, wondered if I would get any feedback or if there were any results from that one too? I can understand it's a huge undertaking but just wondered if it's coming too, or if I should head on into the established category. Not much chance on winning there but I do enjoy the challenge of the build :)
    edited July 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS96 - A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED

@itguyinsc
    Qhymuwf.png

Pemberley is just gorgeous! I love the symmetry in the front façade, and the curved drive. Great job on the stately landscaping. The front entry is very grand. The black and white marble tile really makes a big impact. The touches of red are regal without being overwhelming. I adore that shot looking up to the 2nd and 3rd floor landings. Those curved balconies are an amazing touch. The entertaining rooms on the ground floor are divine. I love the stacked library shelves! The service hallways are an authentic addition. The bedrooms and WCs are very nicely done. I love the topiaries flanking the fireplace in Moonstone Suite. The blue wallpaper in Sapphire Suite is fantastic. Great job on the kitchen and spirits room. The gardens in the rear of the home are amazing. I love the fountains and gazebo. Cute topiary garden!

Suggestions: Not much I can add. Maybe some fountains out front would add to the grandness of the estate?

@WrathofCath
    5hFMO0N.jpg

WoWza <3 Austen Inspried Estate is stunning. The choice of trims, windows, and chimneys conveys a richness to the estate. I love the widow’s walk (probably the wrong term for the period!) on roof as well. The gardens are extensive and immaculate supporting the feel of grandness. From every exterior angle, this build has details to surprise and delight. I love the little greenhouse that separates the formal gardens from the veg and fruit garden. Great idea for the rear servant’s entrance. The interior public rooms are ornate and detailed – very fitting for this estate. I like the colors you’ve chosen and the cohesiveness of the design that flows well without being overly “matchy.” The sitting room is beautiful! Great contrast between the public and servant areas of the house. Love the recessed stove/ovens in the kitchen. Colors are tricky to handle in Sims 4, but you’ve done a masterful job with them.

Suggestions: I can’t think of one thing I would change!

@masajo
    Y3vCVFW.png

I love the serene front view of this house. The ironwork gate and fencing is fantastic as are the front flower beds. The fountain pond is beautifully integrated, and the use of terrain paint on the front walk is very nicely done to create a curved path. Great two-story columns on the front porch. Love the interesting choice of fencing here as well that ties in with the black and white exterior accents. Great choice of interior wall paneling and wallpapers. The little first floor balcony is very sweet. The use of grey wallpaper and flooring to contrast with the red accents in the master suite creates a nice balance. Great choices in the guest rooms as well. Great authentic detail of creating a nurse’s suite in the attic space!.

Suggestions: I would suggest trying to work the roofline so that pieces tie in without creating valleys.

@kilra0
    1sB7Pmz.png

Bridleton Manor is quite impressive from the front. I love the turrets on each side and the curved wall effect on the top level. Great choice of windows and siding. The rounded roof is distinctive and nicely done. I like that the curved elements are echoed on the rear of the home as well. The yard and garden spaces are perfectly landscaped all the way around the home. The massive hall open all the way up to the 3rd floor is truly impressive. The parlor is grand in scale, and the solarium is a nice addition. Love the ballroom/music room. I love that you’ve fully set the large dining table with place settings and lit candles. The details in the rear garden areas are so well thought out. Oh, the close stool! What a cool authentic detail for a period build. The panty and kitchen are perfectly decorated – great job. And how clever to add in a laundry in the basement as well. The ornate details in the bedrooms and baths are in keeping with the grandeur of the overall build. Love the contrast between the owners’ rooms and the austerity of the help’s quarters.

Suggestions: The white window trim, light stone and light brick didn’t provide much in the way of contrast.

@gmcrozier
    x6JeFhv.png

610 Pryde Way is such a stately build. The symmetry of the front facade is reflected in that of the front walk/entry stairs and the mirrored decorative hedges on each side. The rear elevation is just gorgeous. The sunken gardens are so nicely designed, and a hidden tennis court – how posh! Gorgeous two-story columns on the front portico. The entry hall is grand as befits an estate of this size, and I love the over-sized family portraits that decorate the walls. The sitting room is lovely and serene in design and color. Great job on the butler’s pantry, kitchen and laundry room. And what a wine cellar! (I’m jealous) The guest bedrooms all have harmonious color schemes and designs. The views from the upper floors back down the stairs and landings really give a perspective of just how massive and grand this whole build is. You have a unique take on the nurse’s responsibility which is reflected in quarters you designed for them. I like how judicious use of red has been used in the lady’s private quarters. The rear pool area is gorgeous as are the rest of the rear garden areas. The rear delivery gate and staff entrance is a nice touch.

Suggestions: Not a whole lot I can add! The only minor suggestion would be to work on some of the color combinations on your downstairs interiors. They were not quite as harmonious and appealing as in some of the other builds in this category.

@glenn1974
    kCY0USv.png

The Carrington is certainly a stunner from the front view! I love the three tall chimneys running down the center line of the house and the large stacks running perpendicular to those. Great symmetry to the front, and fantastic choice of columns, trims, and windows. I love the touch of the ivy growing up the left side of the front bump-out and portico. Great use of terrain paint to map out the front circular drive. The rear elevation and gardens are beautiful. Love the faux balconies on the 2nd story. Great job of creating a frieze on the eave above the 3rd story. I’m in love with the sunken gardens <3 Kitchen area is nicely done. The blue tile back splash is a lovely touch. The first floor landing is beautifully decorated. Love the intricate tile work you’ve created on the entry hall. Good job on the large common areas. I really like the sitting room. Bedrooms are unique and incorporate red without it being overwhelming.

Suggestions:The only thing I can think would be to experiment with taking out some of the columns and allowing more of the brick to show through on the front façade.

3gHHX7s.png

The Expert category never fails to provide fantastic and creative builds. Each one of these entries is fantastic on so many levels, and it was difficult to narrow it down to one winner. In the end, it came down to the build that had the most "wow" factors across all three aspects: architcture, landscaping, and interior design.
    The winner of this challenge is ....@wrathofcath

j6OWyhd.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    Sims Challenge

@CaramelLibra29
    FVe1mla.jpg
    You've really bought the Sims to life with your presentation, that sepia print is amazing! And that pic of Jane with her ladies and the nurse in the background, outstanding. It would have been nice to see their traits in your presentation though.

Congrats on winning the Sim Entry!!
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Crongrats @WrathofCath ! I do agree they are all mind blowingly beautiful builds!
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Crongrats @WrathofCath!
    thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Congratulations @WrathofCath! It was truly a magnificent build.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Congratulations @WrathofCath on winning with such an excellent build. Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback. I do love building this type of house and appreciated the increased budget.

Please do take your time .. I was just worried I had missed something <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS97 - A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED

@itguyinsc
    Qhymuwf.png

Pemberley is just gorgeous! I love the symmetry in the front façade, and the curved drive. Great job on the stately landscaping. The front entry is very grand. The black and white marble tile really makes a big impact. The touches of red are regal without being overwhelming. I adore that shot looking up to the 2nd and 3rd floor landings. Those curved balconies are an amazing touch. The entertaining rooms on the ground floor are divine. I love the stacked library shelves! The service hallways are an authentic addition. The bedrooms and WCs are very nicely done. I love the topiaries flanking the fireplace in Moonstone Suite. The blue wallpaper in Sapphire Suite is fantastic. Great job on the kitchen and spirits room. The gardens in the rear of the home are amazing. I love the fountains and gazebo. Cute topiary garden!

Suggestions: Not much I can add. Maybe some fountains out front would add to the grandness of the estate?

@WrathofCath
    5hFMO0N.jpg

WoWza <3 Austen Inspried Estate is stunning. The choice of trims, windows, and chimneys conveys a richness to the estate. I love the widow’s walk (probably the wrong term for the period!) on roof as well. The gardens are extensive and immaculate supporting the feel of grandness. From every exterior angle, this build has details to surprise and delight. I love the little greenhouse that separates the formal gardens from the veg and fruit garden. Great idea for the rear servant’s entrance. The interior public rooms are ornate and detailed – very fitting for this estate. I like the colors you’ve chosen and the cohesiveness of the design that flows well without being overly “matchy.” The sitting room is beautiful! Great contrast between the public and servant areas of the house. Love the recessed stove/ovens in the kitchen. Colors are tricky to handle in Sims 4, but you’ve done a masterful job with them.

Suggestions: I can’t think of one thing I would change!

@masajo
    Y3vCVFW.png

I love the serene front view of this house. The ironwork gate and fencing is fantastic as are the front flower beds. The fountain pond is beautifully integrated, and the use of terrain paint on the front walk is very nicely done to create a curved path. Great two-story columns on the front porch. Love the interesting choice of fencing here as well that ties in with the black and white exterior accents. Great choice of interior wall paneling and wallpapers. The little first floor balcony is very sweet. The use of grey wallpaper and flooring to contrast with the red accents in the master suite creates a nice balance. Great choices in the guest rooms as well. Great authentic detail of creating a nurse’s suite in the attic space!.

Suggestions: I would suggest trying to work the roofline so that pieces tie in without creating valleys.

@kilra0
    1sB7Pmz.png

Bridleton Manor is quite impressive from the front. I love the turrets on each side and the curved wall effect on the top level. Great choice of windows and siding. The rounded roof is distinctive and nicely done. I like that the curved elements are echoed on the rear of the home as well. The yard and garden spaces are perfectly landscaped all the way around the home. The massive hall open all the way up to the 3rd floor is truly impressive. The parlor is grand in scale, and the solarium is a nice addition. Love the ballroom/music room. I love that you’ve fully set the large dining table with place settings and lit candles. The details in the rear garden areas are so well thought out. Oh, the close stool! What a cool authentic detail for a period build. The panty and kitchen are perfectly decorated – great job. And how clever to add in a laundry in the basement as well. The ornate details in the bedrooms and baths are in keeping with the grandeur of the overall build. Love the contrast between the owners’ rooms and the austerity of the help’s quarters.

Suggestions: The white window trim, light stone and light brick didn’t provide much in the way of contrast.

@gmcrozier
    x6JeFhv.png

610 Pryde Way is such a stately build. The symmetry of the front facade is reflected in that of the front walk/entry stairs and the mirrored decorative hedges on each side. The rear elevation is just gorgeous. The sunken gardens are so nicely designed, and a hidden tennis court – how posh! Gorgeous two-story columns on the front portico. The entry hall is grand as befits an estate of this size, and I love the over-sized family portraits that decorate the walls. The sitting room is lovely and serene in design and color. Great job on the butler’s pantry, kitchen and laundry room. And what a wine cellar! (I’m jealous) The guest bedrooms all have harmonious color schemes and designs. The views from the upper floors back down the stairs and landings really give a perspective of just how massive and grand this whole build is. You have a unique take on the nurse’s responsibility which is reflected in quarters you designed for them. I like how judicious use of red has been used in the lady’s private quarters. The rear pool area is gorgeous as are the rest of the rear garden areas. The rear delivery gate and staff entrance is a nice touch.

Suggestions: Not a whole lot I can add! The only minor suggestion would be to work on some of the color combinations on your downstairs interiors. They were not quite as harmonious and appealing as in some of the other builds in this category.

@glenn1974
    kCY0USv.png

The Carrington is certainly a stunner from the front view! I love the three tall chimneys running down the center line of the house and the large stacks running perpendicular to those. Great symmetry to the front, and fantastic choice of columns, trims, and windows. I love the touch of the ivy growing up the left side of the front bump-out and portico. Great use of terrain paint to map out the front circular drive. The rear elevation and gardens are beautiful. Love the faux balconies on the 2nd story. Great job of creating a frieze on the eave above the 3rd story. I’m in love with the sunken gardens <3 Kitchen area is nicely done. The blue tile back splash is a lovely touch. The first floor landing is beautifully decorated. Love the intricate tile work you’ve created on the entry hall. Good job on the large common areas. I really like the sitting room. Bedrooms are unique and incorporate red without it being overwhelming.

Suggestions:The only thing I can think would be to experiment with taking out some of the columns and allowing more of the brick to show through on the front façade.

3gHHX7s.png

The Expert category never fails to provide fantastic and creative builds. Each one of these entries is fantastic on so many levels, and it was difficult to narrow it down to one winner. In the end, it came down to the build that had the most "wow" factors across all three aspects: architcture, landscaping, and interior design.
    The winner of this challenge is ....@wrathofcath

j6OWyhd.jpg

Congrats @WrathofCath .. well deserved a gem among beauties (I did not see even one that I did not like in this grouping)!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited July 2018
    fcuRqPI.png

STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS96 - A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED

@jacallon
    gWIQTvG.jpg
    I'm so glad you put in an entry! Welcome to Build ‘N’ Share. Your home, It's A Good House, is true to its name! Definitely good. I love the layout in the house, everything has easy access and you have great balance. The bedrooms are each glorious. The whole house has a great flow of color throughout. That's a wonderful kitchen, it's really well done and has a smooth path for sims, I wonder if they cook on that fire! That island gives lots of cooking space, which is great for big meals with fresh produce. The garden stairs are in a perfect spot for sure and I just adore that all the tools are right there at the bottom, so easy to grab. Outside is very open and green. She looks so relaxed sitting out there sipping her drink. The fountain area is just beautiful! I really like your choice of trees as well. The awning over the front door is very welcoming. I think you pretty much nailed the Regency look on the shape of your house!

Suggestions:
    Oh gosh, you still had §244,998 left to spend! One tip, if you have the cash - spend every dime. Each room you've decorated is lovely, but those hallways seem a bit empty. Perhaps some side tables or accent tables could help here. Maybe even a few more space rugs to keep bare feet from that cold wood. Careful with that buydebug food in the kitchen, it does get stinky! I'd only set that out right before pictures. Outside feels like it has a lot of empty space, perhaps next time you could spread out your harvestable plants which would make gardens take up more room. The landscaping on the borders of the house are beautiful, maybe in the future, put some of that extra money you had into lots more flowers gardens.

@jojoMOMSTER
    gRvJOdK.png
    Thank you so much for joining us! Welcome to BnS. Your house The Janes I Know, is really beautiful! My favorite part of the actual building (externally) are the dormers. They make the house pop for sure. I love how you did the basement set up, the entrance for it is so unique. You have lots of detail in there, making it feel very lived in and loved. In the main house, the sitting space behind the stairs is perfect and looks so cozy! I adore that drink fountain in the dining room, very nice touch. The study looks really comfortable as well and seems very relaxing. Great fireplace choice! I love the red decor you've chosen, it flows well and there isn't TOO much of it in most places. The second floor has some amazing rooms! I love the use of curtains next to the bed for a very regal look. The washrooms have some great color choices and layouts. I like the way you've decorated each bedroom. Your gardens are very pretty, great flower choices, I can just smell them from here. I love the flower hedge fence line! Also, I think your choice of exterior wall covering is fabulous. Loved seeing the sims you've made looking quite at home in your pictures!

Suggestions:
    You still had §148,663 left to spend! Next time, shoot for the max ;). The upper floors could have had some more clutter items, that way it would look as lived in and as loved as the basement rooms do. Especially the bedrooms. I realize it was probably a tough challenge but the layout on the third floor could be different. Having to walk through a bedroom to get to another bedroom can be uncomfortable for some, perhaps you could have utilized those two unused spaces for a little extra room. The entryway on the first floor has some very bold walls, though Ms Moore did ask for red - she didn't want to be overwhelmed by it. Maybe if you had used a plain white on the stair walls it wouldn't be so shocking, same goes for the red bedroom upstairs. I see you used terrain paint on the outside edge of the home, but not in the front gardens. Putting some dirt under those plants (even just a little) could help it feel and look a bit more true to form.

@lisabee2
    JSQq8Wa.jpg
    Hound's Head End Estate is a beautiful place to live for sure! Really loved the fairy on the balcony, it's a great touch. The small flower garden is just gorgeous, and the fountain too. Your plant choices are great and flow very well. The areas you've created outside are wonderful and very lovely. Your entry to the house is well defined and very welcoming. The basement workspace is done really well, loving that big grill. What a magnificent dining hall! I love the statue you chose here. Your use of red decor throughout was very balanced. Each bedroom is decorated wonderfully and I'm glad to see that you don't repeat designs. Jane's room is very nice, the arch windows are amazing and the fact that she has her own fireplace is great!

Suggestions:
    Outside, filling in the lot would help a bit with the sparseness. Make pathways to each activity with terrain paint (that's free!) or flooring. Each plant you place should have it's own terrain paint as well, I see some done but some not. That makes it seem unbalanced. Inside there are a lot of empty spaces, a large home is tough to furnish - understandably. Perhaps if you shrunk your build by one or two blocks (or even had picked a smaller lot), you could have that extra cash for more decor in the hallways, or even flowers/trees outdoors. Also, you still had over §48,000 to spend! Next time, put every dime to good use ;)

@Zayven
    51zAi5o.png
    Jane Moore Estate is just breathtaking! I really like your choice of boundary wall, to give the home and grounds some good privacy. The veggie/fruit garden is very extensive, lots of produce to choose from. It's laid out very nicely and can be worked by the gardener easily. Can I say, I just adore that cat and dog topiaries! Your walking garden is beautiful, loving your choice of flowers and bushes. Everything flows wonderfully, especially your picks for water features. Inside, you're rockin that L-shaped staircase, it fits perfectly. The views from your window placements are great, and your red decor is balanced very well. The library is stunning, so much to read and it looks very relaxing. Janes room is nice, I love the use of curtains surrounding the bed. Each bedroom is so unique and decorated wonderfully. Your basement kitchen is fabulous, I'd love to work in there myself! Well laid out and a great amount of storage/counter space.

Suggestions:
    Well I don't think I have too much to say with hints and tips, but I will suggest something. You don't always need a picture on every inch of wall. Sometimes leaving a blank space is perfectly fine, less is more on occasion. Also, though I love love the story you put behind that floating bunny, be careful with MOO as floating objects can be distracting and look out of place.

@MagsTheMagpie
    vCAs1pp.png
    Welcome to the build ‘n’ share challenge! Lovely that you entered! Wow, your house is really grand! The white suits the style very well, and with that balcony, it reminds me of the house in The Sims 1 trailer. Ah, the nostalgia.
    The gardens look very symmetrical and fitting of the regency theme. Love the maze you created!
    The layout is great and the main entrance is massive! The choice of interior and exterior feels very luxurious.

Suggestions:
    What I miss in this build is a bit more emphasizes on red, since that was her favourite colour, especially the main entrance and parlour room seem to be lacking, the master bedroom does seem to have it down more.
    Try to get the rooms a bit more cohesive in style. You have a mix of very bright and light rooms, and also dark and ‘warm’ rooms.

@audrhll
    LZjLzLh.png
    I really enjoyed your slideshow! The captions really told the story of the house.
    The colours of especially the parlour and sitting room are amazingly put together and I think Jane loves it too. The use of red is subtle, yet not too subtle.
    The other rooms as well are very well filled and designed. You have an eye for layout and in the library, I saw you stacked bookcases on top of each other to create a grand library. Great choice and it worked really well. The view from the study is stunning! As is the garden in general, great job. I like the idea that you put thought into the live-in nurse quarters, and that she is younger and might like it more modern.

Suggestions:
    As you said in your description, you had different ideas on the house style (initially) and I think that the style you described comes across. However, I don’t think it’s “Regency” and could have been a bit more in that style. The interior makes up for it as it seems to go with both styles!

@glenkatko
    XtTLg4D.jpg
    What a massive house! The layout is very efficient.
    Love the fireplaces in every bedroom. It gives the rooms much warmth, and it fits perfectly with the style and era. Good use of the terrain paint in the yard and the landscaping is great. The centrepiece in the middle works well and the flowers to the side are so colourful!

Suggestions:
    Some of the rooms have a lot of empty space, maybe you could try to fill it a bit more, or maybe even size the rooms down a with one or two squares.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the results are:

0vL98A1.png

Congrats @zayven - you have been promoted to Established!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Big congratulations to all the winners, fantastic work all round :)
    Many thanks @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Big congrats to all the winners in all categories. So many beautiful houses I don't know how you guys at BnS could choose winners.

Massive thanks @BuildnShare for all your time and effort in choosing winners and for all the feedback. What a task! I was stoked with my 3rd place and will take all of your feedback on board. All of my houses are minimalist...I need to learn to clutter more and I don't garden in real life, so gardens have always been an issue for me LOL. I'll give it a go again though, this was fun.
    Wonderful job everyone .. TY Judges for a great job ... congrats to the winners <3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited July 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS97 - A GARDEN FOR DAISY

@Talea12345
    d94pRnV.jpg

The backstory you created for your garden is just lovely and I can see how your inspiration played in the creation of your lot. Daisy's Garden is wonderful! That lovely archway marking the entrance, the lovely natural looking pond, the almost overgrown fauna, the way you have used the debug logs and twigs etc to help the pools feel more natural is amazing, you did a really great job there.

Suggestions:
    The lot doesn’t feel much like a ‘garden’, just a group of plants and somewhere to sit. Perhaps some lights along the pathway would have been nice, so that Sims could see where they were going should they visit the lot at night.

@itguyinsc
    ssdBMj7.png

<3...He Loves Me is such a glorious lot! So colourful and I can see how your backstory has played into the layout. Those little petal shaped fountains are so cute! You made great use of the flower bed from City Living, such a clever idea! I love that you have provided a pedestal for Mr Lee to place Daisy’s to remember his late wife. You’ve provided lots of activities for people and I think that Daisy would have liked that, especially the climbing frame for the children. You made great use of MOO with the entry sign.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if a little dirt terrain paint along the edges of your cobblestones would have helped it blend better with the flower terrain paints, just a small amount, using the smallest brush on the highest softness just to soften those harsh edges. Maybe some around the feet of the benches etc as well?! I don’t feel the flower power lights blend in with the naturalness of the rest of the lot, perhaps one of the other more natural lights would have fit the lot better?

@trashdocka
    SsePSab.png

Ancient Ruins is a beautiful lot! The way you have incorporated the ruins into the lot itself has been really well done. The sundial and archway is a wonderful combination and that together with the almost overgrown planting area around the fountain helps lend a really natural feel to the lot. The fountain shape helps add interest, as do those ruin pieces that have been thoughtfully arranged and that bunny :love: I love the candle and vase of flowers before the statue, I can see Mr Lee sitting and remembering their time together here.

Suggestions:
    Perhaps some dirt terrain paint mixed in with the stone path would have lent an are of realisticness to the pathway, that and some around the edges of the gravel is the only suggestion.

@wrathofcath
    zVf5eb3.jpg

Daisy Lee Memorial Park is stunning! Those archways add a really dramatic flare to the entrances, the symmetry works well for such a classical style of garden, you did a great job fitting lots into a small space. Your use of planting is stunning, it all feels very natural, those rose ‘fences’ really help make the lot feel contained and sheltered.

Suggestions:
    The gravel floor tiles don’t seem to ‘fit’ with the terrain painted stone sides of the walkways, they feel very definite, whereas the rest of the flooring areas are quite soft and natural. Perhaps using some terrain paint to soften the edges of the diamonds would have helped, the same again with the insides of the stone terrain paint.

@AIRIS6962
    nbEpUHZ.png

Remembrance Of Granada is a beautiful lot, your planting and use of decor plants is wonderful. The covered archway is a wonderful addition and I can see Sims sheltering here. You have made great use of MOO with the planting and I especially like the water feature you made of the urn in the midst of the arches.

Suggestions:
    This lot feels more like a courtyard than a garden. Be careful with the placement of your plants, I can some of the trees sticking through the walls. The structure feels a little squat to me?! Perhaps a little more height would have given it that ‘wow’ factor?

@Kilra0
    xEmtees.png
    Lee's Lagoon is simply gorgeous! From the street view with those tall trees, right through to the waterfall and hand wash basin. Your planting is so lush and green, and that memorial bench is placed just so for a glorious view of the waterfall. Your use of MOO to create those natural barriers is just wonderful. It’s lovely that you managed to fit in some activities, I’m sure Daisy would appreciate the gesture.

Suggestions:
    I struggled to find anything to suggest to you, but perhaps that is the stone walkway could have used a small amount of dirt to either side to really help it blend in with the naturalness of the rest of the lot.

@gmcrozier☆
    bPe9v4H.png

Bellis Perennis Park is such a lovely lot! Your planting is fabulous and you made some really good use of the terrain paints, the use of that wall top is great as a free fence, such creative thinking! It’s wonderful that you included some activities for Sims to use, I’m sure Daisy will love to watch all the goings-on around her.

Suggestions:
    The area around the chess set feels a little bare in comparison to the rest of the build, perhaps a plant or two on the angled edges would have helped it feel more like part of the lot?! A small thing, but the plaque on the fountain is not central, and as such it sticks out as such.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is....

A draw!!

OOX13r0.png

Congrats to @trashdocka and @kilra0 your builds were both truly amazing!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow! I am shocked and honored. :hushed: Each and every entry in this challenge was magnificently done.

Thank you very much for the feedback @BuildnShare! And thank you Kindly for the congrats @JojoMOMSTER, @kilra0, @itguyinsc, @glenkatko and @lisabee2! Very much appreciated. :blush:

Congratulations @CaramelLibra29!

Congratulations @Zayven, @JojoMOMSTER and @jacallon!

Congratulations @lisabee2, @FidgetyAtom, @Rostri-Jodu and @jhgkjhgkjh!

While I was writing this, the results came in for Daisey's Garden. Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare. :)

Congratulations @trashdocka and @kilra0! Stunningly gorgeous gardens!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2018
    Congrats to the winners! :smiley:
    Congrats @trashdocka and @kilra0! :smiley:

Thank you very much for your feedback @BuildnShare :) I started with two hights but the budged strikes me out.
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    Congrats @trashdocka and @kilra0 on your tie in a very tight pool with amazing gardens, I truly like all the gardens.

@ARIS6962 your garden reminds me of a Spanish class where my teacher was showing a video of the original and describing that place in Granada as a truly life changing place to visit with such passion I think she put Granada on everyone in that classes bucket list! It made me smile that you gave it your best to recreate one of the wonders of the world on12k in the SIMs. I respect that kind of bold madness!
    Congratulations to @Zayven and @jacallon on your wins of BNS96 Starting Out with truly beautiful builds!

@BuildnShare thank you for the careful adjudication (you had a lot of it to do!) and thoughtful feedback. I agree my front flower gardens looked a little cartoonish without terrain paint which can't be applied to an above ground deck but in retrospect the floor pattern bottom of basement with some low fencing or rock border would have improved the aesthetic. As for struggling with a bouncy camera while building four guest rooms in the attic to simulate converted servants quarters you're right I probably could have splurged and just added a third floor and maybe had an attic to explore for the children's guest rooms. Thank you for the warm welcome and your feedback, it's very helpful!
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS98 - A GARDEN FOR DAISY

@Talea12345
    d94pRnV.jpg

The backstory you created for your garden is just lovely and I can see how your inspiration played in the creation of your lot. Daisy's Garden is wonderful! That lovely archway marking the entrance, the lovely natural looking pond, the almost overgrown fauna, the way you have used the debug logs and twigs etc to help the pools feel more natural is amazing, you did a really great job there.

Suggestions:
    The lot doesn’t feel much like a ‘garden’, just a group of plants and somewhere to sit. Perhaps some lights along the pathway would have been nice, so that Sims could see where they were going should they visit the lot at night.

@itguyinsc
    ssdBMj7.png

<3...He Loves Me is such a glorious lot! So colourful and I can see how your backstory has played into the layout. Those little petal shaped fountains are so cute! You made great use of the flower bed from City Living, such a clever idea! I love that you have provided a pedestal for Mr Lee to place Daisy’s to remember his late wife. You’ve provided lots of activities for people and I think that Daisy would have liked that, especially the climbing frame for the children. You made great use of MOO with the entry sign.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if a little dirt terrain paint along the edges of your cobblestones would have helped it blend better with the flower terrain paints, just a small amount, using the smallest brush on the highest softness just to soften those harsh edges. Maybe some around the feet of the benches etc as well?! I don’t feel the flower power lights blend in with the naturalness of the rest of the lot, perhaps one of the other more natural lights would have fit the lot better?

@trashdocka
    SsePSab.png

Ancient Ruins is a beautiful lot! The way you have incorporated the ruins into the lot itself has been really well done. The sundial and archway is a wonderful combination and that together with the almost overgrown planting area around the fountain helps lend a really natural feel to the lot. The fountain shape helps add interest, as do those ruin pieces that have been thoughtfully arranged and that bunny :love: I love the candle and vase of flowers before the statue, I can see Mr Lee sitting and remembering their time together here.

Suggestions:
    Perhaps some dirt terrain paint mixed in with the stone path would have lent an are of realisticness to the pathway, that and some around the edges of the gravel is the only suggestion.

@wrathofcath
    zVf5eb3.jpg

Daisy Lee Memorial Park is stunning! Those archways add a really dramatic flare to the entrances, the symmetry works well for such a classical style of garden, you did a great job fitting lots into a small space. Your use of planting is stunning, it all feels very natural, those rose ‘fences’ really help make the lot feel contained and sheltered.

Suggestions:
    The gravel floor tiles don’t seem to ‘fit’ with the terrain painted stone sides of the walkways, they feel very definite, whereas the rest of the flooring areas are quite soft and natural. Perhaps using some terrain paint to soften the edges of the diamonds would have helped, the same again with the insides of the stone terrain paint.

@AIRIS6962
    nbEpUHZ.png

Remembrance Of Granada is a beautiful lot, your planting and use of decor plants is wonderful. The covered archway is a wonderful addition and I can see Sims sheltering here. You have made great use of MOO with the planting and I especially like the water feature you made of the urn in the midst of the arches.

Suggestions:
    This lot feels more like a courtyard than a garden. Be careful with the placement of your plants, I can some of the trees sticking through the walls. The structure feels a little squat to me?! Perhaps a little more height would have given it that ‘wow’ factor?

@Kilra0
    xEmtees.png
    Lee's Lagoon is simply gorgeous! From the street view with those tall trees, right through to the waterfall and hand wash basin. Your planting is so lush and green, and that memorial bench is placed just so for a glorious view of the waterfall. Your use of MOO to create those natural barriers is just wonderful. It’s lovely that you managed to fit in some activities, I’m sure Daisy would appreciate the gesture.

Suggestions:
    I struggled to find anything to suggest to you, but perhaps that is the stone walkway could have used a small amount of dirt to either side to really help it blend in with the naturalness of the rest of the lot.

@gmcrozier☆
    bPe9v4H.png

Bellis Perennis Park is such a lovely lot! Your planting is fabulous and you made some really good use of the terrain paints, the use of that wall top is great as a free fence, such creative thinking! It’s wonderful that you included some activities for Sims to use, I’m sure Daisy will love to watch all the goings-on around her.

Suggestions:
    The area around the chess set feels a little bare in comparison to the rest of the build, perhaps a plant or two on the angled edges would have helped it feel more like part of the lot?! A small thing, but the plaque on the fountain is not central, and as such it sticks out as such.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is....

A draw!!

OOX13r0.png

Congrats to @trashdocka and @kilra0 your builds were both truly amazing!!

Amazing gardens ... I am going to do some gallery hunting for sure! My story always needs "meet up" spots <3 (Shout out to the creators in blog .. ALWAYS)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2018
    Congrats @trashdocka and @kilra0 on your tie in a very tight pool with amazing gardens, I truly like all the gardens.

@ARIS6962 your garden reminds me of a Spanish class where my teacher was showing a video of the original and describing that place in Granada as a truly life changing place to visit with such passion I think she put Granada on everyone in that classes bucket list! It made me smile that you gave it your best to recreate one of the wonders of the world on12k in the SIMs. I respect that kind of bold madness!

Thank you very much, sweetie! <3 I made the best I could into the budget, it was not easy at all! Yeah, I dare almost everything! :mrgreen:

PS: I´m a Spanish teacher ;)
    Congratulations @trashdocka and @kilra0 on your wins. Truly beautiful gardens. They all were so congrats to everyone. With such gorgeous builds I guess it must come down to the minutest details.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top