Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain Paint Selection HELP!! (Solved)

ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
I'm starting to do some content for my channel with console... Xbox One precisely. I'm having one huge issue... I can not figure out how to select the size/shape of the terrain paint. I have tried every combination I can think of of buttons to get over to that area and nothing is working. Please tell me I'm just an idiot and it's easy. I'm totally flummoxed.
-Heather
EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
Post edited by ArsenGirl on

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    On PS4, you use the d-pad, and I would assume it's the same for Xbox One.
  • ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    floralney wrote: »

The D Pad doesn't work for me on Xbox. When I'm in the terrain type I can use it to move up and down. To get to the choices to the right I can hit A and go to the right but nothing will get me to go to the left where I can choose the eraser or size/shapes. I am so baffled.
    -Heather
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    ArsenGirl wrote: »
    floralney wrote: »

The D Pad doesn't work for me on Xbox. When I'm in the terrain type I can use it to move up and down. To get to the choices to the right I can hit A and go to the right but nothing will get me to go to the left where I can choose the eraser or size/shapes. I am so baffled.

Oh, I thought the controls would be similar. Best bet would be to keep trying or wait for an Xbox player to reply. Also try reloading the lot because sometimes the controls stop working properly.
    Thanks @floralney!
    -Heather
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    You can choose the size/shape after you chose the terrain paint (when you can also start painting, so you can vary between them while painting) via the D Pad (that is the cross thingy right? Sorry english is not my first language), by pressing B you go back to choose a paint.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    You can choose the size/shape after you chose the terrain paint (when you can also start painting, so you can vary between them while painting) via the D Pad (that is the cross thingy right? Sorry english is not my first language), by pressing B you go back to choose a paint.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Thank you!!! I never would have figured that out on my own.

Just to add to this if anyone in the future is looking for this answer...

Once you have the size/shape you want you can use the left and right shoulder buttons to change the density and the Y button to choose the eraser.
    -Heather
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    This still confuses me to this day. I always get really frustrated when i go to use terrain paints. Its the only part of the controls i actually struggle with which is funny as its probably the easiest.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @RavenSpit

Thank you so much for your answer. I thought it was broken. This is the second time you have helped me, I know because your picture is unforgettable 😉.