Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Mades Hot & Cold Wear Is Awful

When I first began playing seasons I noticed one thing and that was pre-mades such as the Goths hot&cold wear looked so mismatched. I believe since the gurus didn't set their outfits for those categories, they'll always be randomized. That's why I'm here to ask them to PLEASE change this and go back and set it. It feels like such a hassle to go back and set it myself, since there is so many pre-mades.
1znv33t.png
Those socks though.
2vs1ziu.png

Comments

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Yeah what bothers me with having 2 new categories means 2 more outfits the randomized can mess up. I just put a bunch of townies in the full outfits.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Yeah what bothers me with having 2 new categories means 2 more outfits the randomized can mess up. I just put a bunch of townies in the full outfits.

I just hope they at least update them if you own seasons. I don't think it really matters for base game, because there's no hot & cold weather. So you really won't see those two outfits.
    Here's a better example of bad randomization :#
    fxdpvn.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nothing new about bad randomization on Sims, though :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Nothing new about bad randomization on Sims, though :/

I know sadly, but I expect more for the pre-made sims they put in each world.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Haha I had some mishaps like that.

Had some premades and townies that did have some decent to simple outfits for their hot/cold wear, but others...a literal hot mess.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I don't think they can go back and edit the premade Sims, unfortunately. I would guess it's similar to how they say they can't go back and edit the "base" version of existing worlds because it would mess up all the saves that use the older version. So unfortunately we're stuck with these terrible outfits. It's also disappointing that there are so few outfits that count as "cold wear" - Sims 2: Seasons came with a much bigger variety of Outerwear than this pack did. It's the only really disappointing thing about this pack for me personally.
    Terra wrote: »
    I don't think they can go back and edit the premade Sims, unfortunately. I would guess it's similar to how they say they can't go back and edit the "base" version of existing worlds because it would mess up all the saves that use the older version. So unfortunately we're stuck with these terrible outfits. It's also disappointing that there are so few outfits that count as "cold wear" - Sims 2: Seasons came with a much bigger variety of Outerwear than this pack did. It's the only really disappointing thing about this pack for me personally.

I think they actually can, it just won't take affect in existing saves. At least I would think that would make sense since you'd be generating a new save to see the changes.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Terra wrote: »

Well they did make Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis' name shorter, so they can edit already created premade Sims.
    @SimDestroyer Good example! ;)
    Another example of this is that they changed Vlad from vampires skill level from 0 to 15 vampire lore in a patch.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Another example of this is that they changed Vlad from vampires skill level from 0 to 15 vampire lore in a patch.

Don't forget they fixed Evie Delgato's bugged romantic trait in a patch after C&D! So they actually can edit all the premades and give them proper hot/cold attire. However it'll have to be new saves that will be covered instead.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Yes, I hope they fix this like they did the party wear when sims were showing up at the club in terrible choices like they are now in weather clothes. It really is an eye sore and I just can't be bothered to go to every house and fix it. I would rather the sims have default outfits, maybe the ones already put together than show up looking like clowns.
    I just spent a few hours changing all the premades hot & cold wear for just one save.. I just hope I won't have to in the future.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yess it's so bad that they are randomized. Hope they fix it in a patch :disappointed:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    This has always been a problem, but Seasons really took those fashion abominations to a new level! :s My game seems to be extremely fond of accessoires lately, always putting rings and bracelets and socks on every hand and foot it can find.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one that this troubles.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I guess I have the rare, unpopular opinion, and find these pretty quirky and fun. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    This has always been a problem, but Seasons really took those fashion abominations to a new level! :s My game seems to be extremely fond of accessoires lately, always putting rings and bracelets and socks on every hand and foot it can find.

Don't forget the hats and sunglasses. :p

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2018
    Aaand here's the latest game-generated winter fashion trend, ladies and gentlemen!

winterfashionabominatjuso6.jpg

(Maybe she's a vampire hunter? Who knows...)
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    Aaand here's the latest game-generated winter fashion trend, ladies and gentlemen!

winterfashionabominatjuso6.jpg

(Maybe she's a vampire hunter? Who knows...)

Iconic!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Huh, you're right, there are some examples where they update the premades. Well then, I wish they had thought to do that when they patched in hot and cold clothing, because I find it immersion-breaking to see these Sims walking around.
  • caitzelcaitzel Posts: 48 Member
    I really hate the awful random generated clothes. Most of the time, it really bothers me and I end up having to edit them to have okay looking clothes myself, but I do remember in the live stream, they apparently chose the clothes for "Hot" and "Cold", so the clothes in these categories weren't randomly picked, they were carefully chosen.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

The randomly generated outfits bother me so bad that sometimes I open the game, but never get around to actually playing - I just spend the whole time re-dressing pre-made sims. I’ve always wondered why they don’t have it so that game-generated sims are dressed in a random ‘styled look’.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    The randomly generated outfits bother me so bad that sometimes I open the game, but never get around to actually playing - I just spend the whole time re-dressing pre-made sims. I’ve always wondered why they don’t have it so that game-generated sims are dressed in a random ‘styled look’.

Omg thats tru. Literally no one uses the styled looks its so sad