Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skating Rink & Seasons Food Stall Location List

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
I couldn't find a list of where skating rinks spawn, so I've asked on Twitter and done a forum search. This is what I have so far, and when people have seen them there:

Skating Rinks

Willow Creek:
- original Goth neighbourhood: seen so far in Winter, Spring
- commercial district: Summer
- around the central park lot: seen all seasons

Oasis Springs:
- commercial district: roller rink, Summer; ice skating (!), Winter

Newcrest:
- top neighbourhood: Summer
- near Oak Alcove lot, bottom left neighbourhood: seen so far in Spring, Summer

Magnolia Promenade: seen so far in Summer, Winter

Windenburg:
- old town: seen in Winter (look behind the nightclub)

Has anyone found others that aren't on this?

Food/Drink Stalls by request!

Willow Creek:
- large-lot neighbourhood: seen in Spring, Winter
- community garden: seen in Summer, along with waterfight bucket
- park area: seen in Summer
- commercial district: Summer
- Goth neighbourhood: seen in Winter, Spring

Oasis Springs:
- commercial district: seen in Spring, Summer
- across from Johnny Zest's house (so, far right): seen in Spring
- neighbourhood playground area across from original Roomies lot: seen in Winter, Summer

Newcrest:
- lower left neighbourhood: seen in Spring, Summer
- top neighbourhood: seen in Spring
- playground down by the river: seen in Summer

Magnolia Promenade: seen in Winter
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by luthienrising on

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    Do you get an alert or notification when they spawn? Or do I have to be constantly looking out for it?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just letting you know that the locations apparently vary by season, too. a friend didn't find the one in the commercial district (behind the museum) in spring, but it changed to summer and the roller rink appeared
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited June 2018
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Do you get an alert or notification when they spawn? Or do I have to be constantly looking out for it?

I didn't see any alert.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    just letting you know that the locations apparently vary by season, too. a friend didn't find the one in the commercial district (behind the museum) in spring, but it changed to summer and the roller rink appeared

Thanks! I wonder if it's consistent? I've got a roller rink in the Oasis Springs commercial district, but it's my first I've seen. Makes sense that there wouldn't be ice skating there, though. I added that info :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh...should have mentioned this in the first response, too (too distracted by trying to get the plant cheats info out), but the willow creek park seems to have a rink per season, the location just changes

the newcrest area's rink apparently changes location and becomes the bigger version, too. screenshots incoming (thanks, @lumiasta!)

magnolia promenade, summer, i think?:
    34cbaa31c7cc58b673f18f7df7c3f3a7.jpg

upper left newcrest, summer:
    1560aa5bc98ee5660f7d3a2872cc6d70.jpg

oasis springs commercial, summer:
    82c072cdd1864b2bf4419740d55294f7.jpg

willow creek park, summer:
    9220d8f86d5bed65900f8db676836d76.jpg

Sweet! Added more info :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think there might be something buggy in Willow Creek commercial area. My sim visited the rink right behind the gym. Then I switched household, and a sim visited the library on next door lot, and I was surprised that I could no longer see the rink. It was the same day or the day after, and same season. Maybe it depend on what lot you visit? For the park it should not be a problem though.

Did anyone else see (or rather not see) this?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • emmalieemmalie Posts: 21 Member
    I saw ice skating rink in Oasis Springs commercial district same place as photo above shows the roller rink.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    oh...should have mentioned this in the first response, too (too distracted by trying to get the plant cheats info out), but the willow creek park seems to have a rink per season, the location just changes

the newcrest area's rink apparently changes location and becomes the bigger version, too. screenshots incoming (thanks, @lumiasta!)

UGH. some of those places bother my ocd SO much.

Yeah especially the Newcrest one, why is it standing in the middle of a sidewalk, couldn't they make it look like it was part of the world and align it with the sidewalk and like why would there be a skating rink on a parking lot? :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I've seen a skating ring in Newcrest, bottom left neighborhood, in Spring
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I really don't like the way they are placed in the game world. Hopefully there will be a mod to remove them/prevent them from spawning. I rather have my own venue for skating...
    emmalie wrote: »
    I saw ice skating rink in Oasis Springs commercial district same place as photo above shows the roller rink.

Awesome!
    Neia wrote: »
    I've seen a skating ring in Newcrest, bottom left neighborhood, in Spring

That's the neighbourhood with Oak Alcove in it, I think? Will add Spring :)
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member

I feel u!
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2018
    OH! I did not know that they would randomly spawn in the world. This is awesome! I have been adding them to my venues (which really stinks b/c they are large objects). I have a lot of rooftop skating rinks, which does make for some awkward aesthetics. lol Thank you for making this list, Luthien!

I'm happy to know I don't need to keep doing that. I just need to make sure my sims get out of their sub neighborhood more. ;) hahaha
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2018
    Spring time in Willow Creek near the Goth house.
    06-26-18_10-23-04nbspAM.png

I was hoping one could spawn in Windenburg's Modern District, but all the between spaces look too small to spawn one.
    I wish San Myushuno had an area like this for community lots. I want more things to do in the city besides festivals.
    06-23-18_9-59-34nbspAM.png

This water area could have been a nice location for a small one.
    06-23-18_10-01-31nbspAM.png

So I am building a skating lot here for year round skating.
    I'll just swap out for ice skating in the winter. I didn't like the dance club that was here anyway.
    06-27-18_11-05-07nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @CK213 That's gorgeous!
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I like that they spawn, but the placement bothers me too. Weird angles, or off-center, or cut through sidewalks, or even just in a place that I wanted to remain bare grass. Now we need world editing tools even more!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I don't have a picture but I can confirm an ice skating rink in Magnolia Promenade in winter.
    I don't have a picture but I can confirm an ice skating rink in Magnolia Promenade in winter.

• zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    No love for Brindleton Bay? :(
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member

I've been searching and can't find one :( It's my favorite to play in too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I've been searching and can't find one :( It's my favorite to play in too.

I'd say it's best to place a rink in BB. BB is a good place for placing an indoor rink.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Thanks for making this list! It's so helpful. :) Is there a list for where food stalls spawn?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018

Man, I thought that it was just me. :#

@CK213 That's a really picturesque lot. I'd love to skate at a rink like that IRL. :)

BTW, maybe San Myshuno Meadows would be a good place for a rink? It's so far away from everything else, I often forget that, that big lot is there. :D

On a side note: Since the worlds were updated, did the devs finally fix the issue with only one chair per table in SMM?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg