Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have your pets been extra needy since Seasons?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't have a dog, but my cat keeps asking for clean litter box and she has the top of the line self-fleaning model. I've tried selling the old one and buying a new one but after a while she's begging again.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have not noticed a difference. My pets have always been over the top needy. The pack I was looking forward to having the most and I can not stand playing with pets at all. I hope this is something they fix.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2018
    Forcefully needy. A dozen for more petting interaction will queue up and if I'm really lucky it won't cancel my sims current action. Forget having multiple pets. I've gotten rid of all the pets in my households because it was making my game so frustrating.
    tumblr_pawub2iUXz1wy9czzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pawub2iUXz1wy9czzo2_540.png
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Forcefully needy. A dozen for more petting interaction will queue up and if I'm really lucky it won't cancel my sims current action. Forget having multiple pets. I've gotten rid of all the pets in my households because it was making my game so frustrating.
    tumblr_pawub2iUXz1wy9czzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pawub2iUXz1wy9czzo2_540.png

Yup. This is my game. Constantly. UGH.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I ve got rid of all pets for the time being, they are so annoying at the moment. Hopefully they will fix this.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I can't believe you guys instantly get rid of your pets once they 'become annoying.' I hope you don't do this with real pets. I would never abandon my SimDogs Buddy and Darnell due to bugs!!!

You do know it’s just a game don’t you? They are not real pets. Stop taking it so seriously, people play sims to have fun, bugs stop people having fun. Just because someone gets rid of pets in a computer game does not make them a bad real life pet owner, you re being absolutely ridiculous.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I don't have a dog, but my cat keeps asking for clean litter box and she has the top of the line self-fleaning model. I've tried selling the old one and buying a new one but after a while she's begging again.

That's an old bug that has happened in my game since pets was released. I made a bug report on EA's tech page. Here's the link if you want to click me too or send the devs a save.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Pet-cats-can-t-use-the-litter-boxes/m-p/6428301#M51753
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    LittleMsSam has a mod that gets rid of the neediness bug. And it works very well. I was having the same problem with a dog and it was driving me up the wall. It was taking twice as long to do anything because of the constant attention. I began having this problem even before Seasons but it finally got to the point of downloading a small mod or place little Bitsy up for adoption. I chose the mod. :)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    In my game, this only happens if I pause at (presumably) the same moment a pet tries to initiate an action.
    It loops over and over again, as if the game can't comprehend that action not being completed right away.

I was surprised at first now I just unpause the game quicker and find another quiet moment to pause again.
    I'm glad it never happened to me during live game, I could not stand it.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, in my game the sims can barely do anything without having like 10 pet the dog action queuing up. Gardening is rally annoying, the dog will follow the sim and every plant the sims waters, the dogs asks for attention. The sim stops and pets the dog, this happens endlessly. Sometimes many more interactions than usually possible queue up and they all say PET PET PET PET PET PET PET.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I’ve only had that pet spam thing happen once in my game so far, but it fixed itself quite quickly, I’ve been playing a household with three cats and they seem to behave just fine, the cats even interact with one another which seems like a fix for me, for the longest time pets just seemed to ignore each other. Perhaps it’s a bug more so with dogs than cats?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I started a new save.
    Also with a new pet the neediness has decreased, though it does still occur.
    It might be worth noting that the very needy pet had the traits friendly, smart and playful, while the new pet is friendly, smart and a sleuth. I don't know how much of a difference this makes though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Not only do my two cats have the neediness bug, they are also constantly frightened because they don't like the fireplace (I've just gone through a two-week winter in Brindleton Bay, so the fireplace has been in almost constant use). I haven't got to the point of wanting to get rid of them, but I am seriously thinking of editing their personalities in CAS, so as to replace the Affectionate trait with the Independent trait.
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    My cat had the Affectionate trait and it became so annoying after seasons, it kept meowing all the time and demanding attention... I had 3 toddlers and one kid and the cat was driving me insane, I would never get rid of it and I was lucky because he died soon of old age... I was afraid to adopt a new pet after this cat, but I decided to get a dog and the dog is so quiet, I think it depends of the personality of the pet although the cat before seasons was needy but not that much lol
    edited June 2018
    I tried again on a new game. Mayor Whiskers' traits are; aloof, talkative, and prowler.
    First day of new game, my sim got back home after adopting him. Filled his pet dish, he ate and went to the bathroom. My sim fixed her food and while trying to eat this happened. The pet Mayor Whiskers ques kept going off screen and never stopped. See picture. ETA. As you can see, his needs are in the green.
    35mgjdk.jpg
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    > @kemisz said:
    > The dogs have always been needy in the game, but since seasons happens, my sims can't get through a meal without petting the dog five times. Need to go to the toilet, little sim? Don't forget to pet the dog right after!
    >
    > Is this happening to anyone else?

I had a husky in my first seasons household, ever since she was a pup she was just extra needy, or she would just sit infront of my sims whining. it got pretty irritating but you kinda get used to it.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    I also play my game without mods or cc. I never used them and I have all packs.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Huh? Well, that's a bug I'm not experiencing for once... I mean, yes, my dogs want to be entertained 24/7, but they've always been like that, whereas I only ever notice my cats when they're in heat and screaming my ears off. But when a pet initiates an interaction, shouldn't telling your sim to do something else override any autonomous actions anyway?
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I haven't had interactions going off the screen but my sims do want to pet the dog/cat a lot - only one interaction though so fairly easy to cancel but still somewhat annoying. They also keep telling me they're hungry when there are two full food bowls available to them! Some of them will only eat from them if my sims call them to eat.. which didn't happen before Seasons. I really hope this gets fixed soon as my sims love their pets but they are being extra needy at the moment!
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2018
    Littlesam made already a bugfix for this one and freezing to death sims not played while jogging.
    It's the best Option before it's real fixed.
    http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    My cat got stuck on the kitchen counter tops so i wasnt abke to interact with him at all and he just mewoed at me for a couple sim hours so I had to restart my game (but I haven't had time to play since so not sure if it worked). Generally my game has been extra laggy recently since seasons. I hope things get fixes as generally it's been super fun playing :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

What a typo. :p

I've noticed this happening in my game too. It's kind of annoying, but most of the time I catch it and I'm able to get rid of it.
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you don't mind mods, LittleMsSam has a mod called "Obsessed Pet Pet Fix". Description is as follows, "Since the Seasons Patch Pets are initiating Petting of Sims which makes Sims obsessed with petting them over and over again. This hopefully stops them."

You'll find it at http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/ - it's one of her many small bug fixes she has put into one download. You just have to run this one tiny mod to fix the obsession with pets until EA fixes it. There's a bunch of small mods in this file. Just use the Pet Pet Fix if you want a relatively mod-free game. her work is top notch. Always updated. Always being fixed if something breaks. I don't know when she finds time to sleep!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I do sort of have this bug but it’s not as excessive as the examples posted here. The queued list never goes off the screen but every time my sim gets near one of their pets, they’ll want to pet them like 3 times. Or every time they finish an action they’ll want to pet their pet right after. It’s not so bad for me that I can’t play, but it is rather annoying. :/