Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Paigeisin5 both of those thought bubbles have been around for a while, not really seen terribly often, but around. there's now a fun bug where one image will show up on top of every single thought/speech bubbles for a while, though. for me, it was a puddle. every sim in my neighborhood thought 'puddle' every few seconds, every conversation had 'puddle' on top of a faint version of what they were really discussing. when i had a neat sim mop up the puddle out in the yard (...in the rain...), the puddle thoughts stopped. but the next sim day were replaced with the 'thumbs up' symbol
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    So in Seasons I've noticed you can make a Grand Meal and a Honey Cake, has anyone noticed any other new recipes or food?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2018
    First birds of the spring in Granite Falls are LOUD. I recommend to be there.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @Paigeisin5 both of those thought bubbles have been around for a while, not really seen terribly often, but around. there's now a fun bug where one image will show up on top of every single thought/speech bubbles for a while, though. for me, it was a puddle. every sim in my neighborhood thought 'puddle' every few seconds, every conversation had 'puddle' on top of a faint version of what they were really discussing. when i had a neat sim mop up the puddle out in the yard (...in the rain...), the puddle thoughts stopped. but the next sim day were replaced with the 'thumbs up' symbol

I was wondering why that hand was showing up in the thought bubbles! I appreciate the info because I could not figure out where they had come from or even what they meant. The bunk beds and car are ones I may have seen a while back but the thumbs up one is a new one to me. Those three are dominating my Sims' thoughts and blocking out almost everything else. The father and son have even stopped thinking about their respective girlfriends even though they have high relationship and romance bars. The only time that changes is when they are celebrating a holiday and then their thoughts are centered on having a good time. It's funny we notice what our Sims are thinking about. :D

seasons recipes:

bee tea (requires 1 honey) in the tea maker

honey cake (requires 2 honey) on the stove

5 different grand meal options on stove:
    grand breakfast (optional: any 3 fruit)
    ham dinner (optional: any 2 vegetables)
    fish dinner (optional: any 2 fish)
    tofurkey dinner (optional: any 2 herbs)
    turkey dinner (optional: 2 mushrooms) - on this one, tested, and both morel and false morel from outdoor retreat count
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2018
    I mentioned some of these things on the “Things You Didn’t Know” thread, but I suppose it makes a bit more sense posting some of my discoveries here. Sorry if some have already been mentioned; I tried to read all the posts but I can’t keep up! :lol:

- If it’s cold outside, your sims may get a moodlet that says “warmed by kiss” if they kiss their partner.

- During two separate holidays, one of my sims received roses which were autonomously given to her by her boyfriend while he wasn’t in my control.

- Toddlers can receive gifts too! (Probably been mentioned, but I’m so happy they’re included!)

- The box of decorations bought in build mode can be sabotaged. I’m not sure whether or not it requires the mischief skill, but my teen (mischief level 6) sabotaged the decorations. The box at the top of the stack was left open, with a string of lights occasionally lighting up due to what looks like an electrical short. All the sims who were in the room at the time the teen sabotaged it would not interact with it; the option was greyed out with the phrase “something seems off” popping up when hovering over it. Interestingly enough, the only sim who could “investigate” the box was a sim who was not in the room to see the sim sabotaging it.

- Some sims get a flirty moodlet before Love Day, saying that they’re “prepping for romance”. I’m not sure what triggers it, but not all sims in my household had it.

- After eating a grand meal, a couple of my sims received a “food coma” moodlet. Couldn’t be more accurate. :lol:

I’m sure I’ll discover much more, but this is what I’ve found in the couple hours I did play. So far, I adore this EP and all the big and small details! :smile:
  • BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2018
    I discovered that on Love day your sim can get a note on one of their gifts. My female sim gave her man a rose with a note that said “ I love the joy that you bring to my life every waking moment of every day.” I legit almost cried over this it was so sweet and came out of nowhere. It really makes me feel like my sims LOVE each other.❤️❤️
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Looks like a sim that's you have a love bar with will usually invite you out on a date on love day. Tested this a few times to be sure and sure enough when she was up and about in the morning she got a call from one of her romantic interests to go out on a date to a restaurant. <3

Also on one of the hidden holidays 'talk like a pirate' Sims will talk like a pirate when you choose any of the options in friendly chat or another. All in their lingo through and through it's pretty amusing really. Somebody had a lot of fun with pirate day even clicking on the bed says 'Bunk down' or 'Get forty winks'. Everyone might want to brush up on some of their pirate lingo. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I realized this morning that there's a Go Skating activity in Clubs now.
    Already added it to my Teen Gym Club.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    gifting a 'faithful-scented' arrangement to another sim stops them from being able to use most romantic interactions on sims other than the gifter. the two execptions are 'give massage' and 'serenade'. this likely has a set time limit before it wears off, but not sure on the duration yet

441052db151fd1bd2aa0f88ec48564d9.png

That's so awesome :D There are still so many things in this EP I haven't really tried or been able to pay much attention to - like most of the new gardening career or how all these floral arrangements work. :D I think I'll have to create a whole new sim for that in the near future. I'm sure I can fit one more into this save, and I've been dying to play a single sim again after taking care of so many large families (glad my current family only has the parents & one teenage son, it's been quite a relief after huge families with toddlers, kids, and pets). But with most of the family oriented holidays out of the way now (winterfest, harvestfest and NYE) I think it's time for a new addition - without kids, and maybe for once without pets too (that won't last) xD
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Just made a sim for the gardening career.
    41266301860_e692abaec1_b.jpg
    Good for work.
    42172456855_37fca86234_b.jpg
    Blogging gardening tips raises your writing skill.
    41266302460_43d498174b_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2018
    there are new chance cards for teens during the holidays. just got this one when one of my teens was at school:

84cdc0b17859c1d368b4444b975a1dc2.png

(he's gloomy, so ignores the romantic spirit, so i had him prank the dance. poor him, though, he failed)

fc9afc8d8a45d240589e847fb79a2383.png

shortly afterwards, one of his sisters got one about attending the dance:

e2b033a0d4d9e57160da196c23726fd1.png

since she's not the romantic of the family (that's the other sister), i had her go alone. she had a much better time than her brother:

fd675489a321f7097a908c15ecaab8f7.png

and then, sure enough, the third sibling gets a different card:

d5db573895ec3ef68a660b2a5b2903ed.png

went with 'sincere' and, she's now a legend:

c74961f7cb96092131e0201044b95fe7.png

love the new chance cards!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just found out that sims with the romantic trait look forward to love day one day before it actually starts :D she doesn't have a bf at the moment so I'll have her take out some random towney roller skating ^^
  • lexanator1000lexanator1000 Posts: 3 New Member
    Does the stuff from the spooky stuff pack come with seasons or should i buy that for costumes, carving etc? I wanted to know before I bought seasons cause i was just going to do the bundle for $50 since I get a stuff, game, and expansion pack, which is just 10 more than buying just the expansion
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Does the stuff from the spooky stuff pack come with seasons or should i buy that for costumes, carving etc? I wanted to know before I bought seasons cause i was just going to do the bundle for $50 since I get a stuff, game, and expansion pack, which is just 10 more than buying just the expansion

Seasons comes with its own halloween decor and base game costumes but carving pumpkins and witch/pumpkinhead/etc costumes are specific to Spooky Stuff. I'd go ahead and get the bundle with it. :)

Not sure if it's specific to Seasons (I've never seen it before til now) but my sims had a cute interaction when their grandchildren came over for Harvestfest and had an adorable welcoming animation when they had a conversation.
    6riwm5.png
  • SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    I learned that sims think nature is nasty. They keep trying to mop up the rain. :D
    that should only be neat sims. neat sims need to mop up all puddles everywhere, even in the grass (which i find pretty funny)
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Patchy does laundry. :)
  • Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    sometimes father winter just chills around my house and its not winter fest
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    fungamer2 wrote: »
    If you have a pregnant sim, you can click on the toilet and have the option to have them "throw up" :D

I've tried this option when my sims was pregnant, but the option wouldn't come up and I'm not sure why. Do you have to have a special toilet or something?

I just got the Seasons expansion pack and haven't played too much yet, so it's great reading what everyone's found in the game so far.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2018
    I discovered that viewing the Fireplace channel will give your Sim a +1 happy moodlet that says something about the digital flames seem so real, your Sim feels instantly warm. It lasts a little while even after they turn the TV off. Nice to know that's an option, especially if you don't want to turn on the thermostat or own a real fireplace. :)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Again don't know if this was mentioned and I also didn't discover it I saw it in a let's play but if you have a holiday with an egg hunt the toddlers can participate kids can look in the fridge...I don't know I think I had an adult selected but if not then tots can too. The toilet is also a location as well as under the bed. Normally clicking around on the bushes is a good place to check too.
    42202096115_eea1e8bf24_b.jpg
    She did this just as she found one, though she's independent I don't know if they are supposed to but it's so cute she seemed so proud of herself.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png