Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bella Goth

One of my sims became friends with Bella and she calls him wanting to hit the town EVERY SINGLE DAY! LOL
I guess Mortimer isn't giving her enough attention.

Comments

• Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I always wondered if the age gap between them makes things difficult... Especially since she seems to have no aversion to being a surrogate for my Sim couples. :wink:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    It must be lonely in that big ‘ole house.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Mortimer is definitely punching above his weight, if you get me.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm actually getting this with my main family's adult (and now vampire) daughter. she calls or texts each member of the house about a dozen times a day, wanting to go eat (...you have a withered stomach, lady) or party all over the place or just hang out or whatever. seems she's lonely, even with her husband and three kids...

on the flip side, when i play her, her father calls about as much, but the rest of the household just sends texts about 'oh hey, you met this person, too. they're pretty cool'

and, as for bella goth herself, she likes to visit her best friend/nemesis when i play him. bella's in the secret agent career in my game, diamond agent path. the neighbor diagonally across from the goth house is an evil alien in the villain path of the same career. evil to her good, villain to her diamond agent, yet they're best friends, always hanging out together after work. i actually love it, it reminds me a lot of the wolf and sheepdog from the old looney tunes cartoons
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don't really think Bella fits in with her family. She likes to party and flirt around. Nothing goth about her. Morty is old enough to be her father. I have no qualms about luring her away from that glum manor and her gloomy kids.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I agree Nindigo!
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Looking at her traits, she is a very outgoing sim and has the "friend of the world" aspiration. So it would make sense for her to always want to invite out friends.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I often see Bella go to restaurants alone in my game. I never really see Mortimer at any community lots. Seems a bit sad/lonely, honestly.

She booked a table for two here but she was all alone. It is a burger place though, so maybe Mortimer thought it was beneath him to dine there, lmao:
    PrAMBys.png
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    For some reason the nanny I used once has full friendship with my entire household, so he's constantly calling everyone to hang out.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2018
    She's good friends with one of my sims in my old save and she acts very similarly. She's always texting to ask if she can come hang out, get a bite to eat with her, grab some drinks, etc. I was playing with Seasons a few days ago and she texted my sim asking if she could come over to her house on both Easter and Love Day. I was a bit surprised because you'd think she'd be spending the holidays with her children and husband, just as my sim was doing. I declined on those instances, but often accept on occasions where my sim(s) aren't busy. The more I think about it, I start to theorize as to why Bella may be so attached to certain sims. My first thought is the age gap between her and Mortimer; she probably just craves company from sims closer to her age. I imagine there are instances where she and Mortimer can't relate due to their age gap and differences in dispositions. Also, even though she seems like a very good mother, she's likely a tad overwhelmed having so much responsibility at such a relatively young age. My point is, I'm trying to rationalize her actions and not be so annoyed every time she texts or calls my sim. :lol: She really makes a great friend, even if a little clingy.

P.S. @Lishacake, I love the way you made-over Bella! She looks so beautiful! :smile:
  • Options
    jennyhyunjennyhyun Posts: 47 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I often see Bella go to restaurants alone in my game. I never really see Mortimer at any community lots. Seems a bit sad/lonely, honestly.

She booked a table for two here but she was all alone. It is a burger place though, so maybe Mortimer thought it was beneath him to dine there, lmao:
    PrAMBys.png

Bella has been in The Sims since the beginning, so I know she has a lot of friends in the neighborhood, so, I wouldn't feel too bad for her!

What I want to know is, what's the story on what happened to Bob Newbie? He was the first sim in The Sims game and I feel like we should be paying our respects to him! :D
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    jennyhyun wrote: »
    What I want to know is, what's the story on what happened to Bob Newbie? He was the first sim in The Sims game and I feel like we should be paying our respects to him! :D

Actually Bob and Betty Newbie are in Sims 4, it's just they have went through some changes, but Bob and Eliza Pancakes are Bob and Betty Newbie.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Actually Bob and Betty Newbie are in Sims 4, it's just they have went through some changes, but Bob and Eliza Pancakes are Bob and Betty Newbie.

good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering about them the other day
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    I always just headcanon that the Goths have an open marriage. I mean Bella and Mortimer both will always be out flirting it up. I honestly feel like the game even has it coded for Bella to be easier to start a romantic relationship with than other Sims.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

That they are, and are a bit different in 4 than they were originally. Such as for Bella, in the original she embraced the "Addams Family" lifestyle that inspired their creation. By 4 she's become more an uptown girl. I think we can blame Don Lothario for that.
    Such as with the Newbie/Pancakes. Elizabeth was charming and sweet originally, but now she has become a needy sycophant who needs to be locked in a basement.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I don't really think Bella fits in with her family. She likes to party and flirt around. Nothing goth about her. Morty is old enough to be her father. I have no qualms about luring her away from that glum manor and her gloomy kids.

Cassandra is lost I have my vampires play with her. There is still hope for Alexander. He just looks like mom uh mated with a Sasquatch once he ages up.

Nindingo, I agree with you. She is one of the few premades my sims will intentionally break up.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options

That they are, and are a bit different in 4 than they were originally. Such as for Bella, in the original she embraced the "Addams Family" lifestyle that inspired their creation. By 4 she's become more an uptown girl. I think we can blame Don Lothario for that.
    Such as with the Newbie/Pancakes. Elizabeth was charming and sweet originally, but now she has become a needy sycophant who needs to be locked in a basement.

Actually in my game I have managed to get her to calm down in any of the game saves I'm playing. I switched Bob and Eliza out for this family instead. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/09E44FFCE97411E68C27F3289B2EA66B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MaxisCreator_01&max=50&maxis=true

00.jpg

For some reason this version of Eliza is not annoying, I'm thinking it might because of her son, Iggy.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    I always just headcanon that the Goths have an open marriage. I mean Bella and Mortimer both will always be out flirting it up. I honestly feel like the game even has it coded for Bella to be easier to start a romantic relationship with than other Sims.

Glad I am not alone in that :smiley: In my save, Mortimer is gay but married Bella because the family line had to continue. Ol' Morty was very frank up front about his orientation and why he needed a wife and Bella agreed to the marriage for variuos reasons, the main one being that she is from a long line of wealthy family whose fortune has dwindled drastically. Bella just wanted some security in her future and she really liked Mortimer so a contract was drawn and signed.

In my game they are great friends but after the kids were born they are living their lives seperatly although they could pay a little bit more attention to their offsprings. That Alexander...I don't know. Cassandra will probably turn out fine. But anyway, both are very busy with their careers. Mortimer is an author whose specialty is devided between bodice romance and childrens' adventure books.

Bella is working up the ladder in the Secret Agent career and doing quite well. She isn't in any relationship at the moment but Morty is having an 'affair' with their young handsome butler.

In the future they will seperate of course but...oh poor Bella. She is actually quite in love with Morty (an accident!) so I forsee some sadness in her future. My plan is when their oldest moves out on her own she will probably end up having her mother on the doorstep in a middle of a divorce. That will probably not play well with Cassie's roomates but she can't turn her mother way can she?

But things will probably go well and Bella will end up with what was agreed upon in the contract and find a nice house in Oasis Spring where she will probably meet (if she hasn't already though) a young handsome man, named Lothario. Maybe they will meet at the icecream parlour where Lothario has started to take his step grandson? Who knows.

But yeah, I really like the Goths in this version of the Sims and even Lothario whom I did NOT like. Especially in Sims 2. Currently he is rising in the ladder of the Biology career and is in a relationship with the eldest Caliente woman but I can see sparks flying between Bella and Lothario.
  • Options
    Last night while I was playing my sim got invited to the bluffs, and both Don and Bella both showed up. I'm not sure, but I too think something is going on with those two.

36538051_1037319693084992_2508961508814225408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5dfbd6e7f72f602ce69f5134ef79c3c5&oe=5BE702F2
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Mortimer is definitely punching above his weight, if you get me.

Hahaha awww, in my game my Morty is actually really handsome. I didn't change his facial structure at all just his hair and stache :smile: .

XeGpHXJ.png
    jILMzG1.png
    TijOcmu.png
  • Options
    @Schantal I love what you did to Morty, I have been trying to figure out what will make him look better than he does currently.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    @Schantal I love what you did to Morty, I have been trying to figure out what will make him look better than he does currently.

Awww thank you my sweet love :smile: . I did also give him piercing blue eyes and that changed him a lot too. Its crazy what some new hair, facial hair, and eyes can do for a sim :smile: .