Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Break Mod?

Has anyone made a mod for summer break? I actually need it now. lol
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm looking for one too! I have no idea how to even start making mods or cc, so could someone please make a summer break mod? because it's unrealistic for kids to go to school every day of the year except for weekends and holidays. We need Christmas Break and Spring Break as well! I'd be great if the kids got any breaks at all!
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I thought about using the custom holidays for this but there's no way to set it to kids only that I can see BUT, that's an option. I haven't seen a mod for this (yet) but I'm looking, too. I know the adults don't go to work on the days there are holidays and I've already created some custom holidays.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    This is a great idea! Bookmarking to see if anything comes from it.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I just send my adults to work as usual even if it's a holiday if you just click on them. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a mod tweaking this a bit. Honestly just need a toggle for the option for kids and one for adults
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I will have to try that as well! So just send the adults to work during the summer, unless they are teachers (custom career). lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @LittleMsSam has one called "School Holidays" that you might check out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MollieLouMollieLou Posts: 19 Member
    On a similar note, does anyone know of a "No school for kids" sort of mod that's working with seasons? The one on MTS seems to have issues with the new calendar system.

The only reason why I don't want to use hers is because it doesn't actually give your sims a set amount of days off from school. Took this snip from the description.

"This Mod adds School Holidays for Kids & Teens. Kids & Teens will randomly get School Holidays (1 Day, 3 Days or 5 Days)."
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Beany_BeanBeany_Bean Posts: 5 New Member
    I for one have no idea if you can give child / teen sims summer break in the base game. But, what I do when summer rolls around is I use this mod and have my children and teens 'quit school' and then rejoin in the fall. Don't worry, from my understanding their grade stays the same! :) > @GoldenBuffy said:
    > Has anyone made a mod for summer break? I actually need it now. lol
  • Beany_BeanBeany_Bean Posts: 5 New Member
    By the way, just look up "Child and teen sims quit school" It's on the Mod the Sims website. Sadly, I'm new here so I can't post links :'( Hope you find it none the less!
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

Fantastic! I'll try it. Thanks!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Beany_Bean wrote: »
    I for one have no idea if you can give child / teen sims summer break in the base game. But, what I do when summer rolls around is I use this mod and have my children and teens 'quit school' and then rejoin in the fall. Don't worry, from my understanding their grade stays the same! :) > @GoldenBuffy said:
    > Has anyone made a mod for summer break? I actually need it now. lol

I know the mod you're talking about! I've used it in the past. Do you know if it's been updated for Seasons? So far what I've done is set all of Summer as a Holiday (each day that I didn't have scheduled as a holiday already), and I'll just send their parents to work like any normal day.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    You can also use MCCC to make children quit school. They could quit for the summer and then re-enroll in the fall.
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    while looking for a school mod I came across this one. You can just use the 25 days during a summer month to give them the month off https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods-ScriptedMods/title/25-vacation-days-school-mod/id/1551071/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Has anyone made a mod for summer break? I actually need it now. lol

Do you use MCCC? If so, there is a way to have the school aged Sims quit school. You can then have them resume school when you desire. Just note that it generally takes a two-day wait to begin school again.

Computer>MCCC>Career >Teens/Children>Quit School. Once it's set : Sim>Sim Command>Quit School. Same path to resume school.

There you go!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    You don't need a mod. I just use the calendar and add school breaks in as holidays. I have all the traditional holiday breaks, spring break and summer break. They just reoccur as the seasons come back around. Just make sure they have the day off from school/work and it works just fine.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    You don't need a mod. I just use the calendar and add school breaks in as holidays. I have all the traditional holiday breaks, spring break and summer break. They just reoccur as the seasons come back around. Just make sure they have the day off from school/work and it works just fine.

That will give adults too holidays, and that might not be what you want.

I too use LMS's school holiday tradition for seasons, it let's you give kids days off school in the calendar so you can set when the school holiday is supposed to be and for how many days it's going to last. Then it only affects kids in school.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!