Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2018
    I didn't know sims can turn blue when jogging in cold weather. And I definitely was not expecting one of my sims die on the street ( froze to death) when I was playing another household.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've got a thing that I still don't know and would like to know. It probably has a very obvious answer, but I just can't figure it out. How do you get your Sim an umbrella? When I moved Raj in, he had an umbrella and the option to hold it, but I can't find that option at all with my Sim.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    You click on the umbrella stand, and choose the style you like
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I just realized when I first got rain in my game that electrical appliances now break when left under the rain :D Like they break really fast. (Unless off course it has an upgrade that makes it unbreakable ;) )
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    I didn't know your dog would drink out of the rain puddle in your yard when it rains
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I just realized when I first got rain in my game that electrical appliances now break when left under the rain :D Like they break really fast. (Unless off course it has an upgrade that makes it unbreakable ;) )

The Geek Festival's Hack-a-thon was cut short due to heavy rain :lol:
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I’ve just now started playing with Seasons, and I can’t express how much I love it! I’m discovering so many new interactions, moodlets, etc. :smile:

So far, I think these few moodlets I’ve seen are really cute...

- If it’s cold outside and your sims kiss, they may get a “warmed” moodlet. It says they were warmed inside and out by the kiss. :heart:

- After eating a grand meal, one of my sims got the “food coma” moodlet. Relatable. :lol:

- Lastly, the day before Love Day, a few of my sims got a moodlet that said: “Prepping for Romance! Ooh laa laa! Tomorrow is the day to be romantic. Does ____ have that special someone to spend the day with?”

I’m still discovering new things, and I’m just in awe of how wonderfully made this expansion is! Can’t wait to see what the future has in store for TS4! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure if I encountered a bug or if I just missed something really obvious again. I hope you all don't mind me asking. So I got a TV Season Premiere event, but I couldn't find any option on the TV to watch the season premiere. As a result, my Sim got sad from having a "horrible holiday." Was the option supposed to be on the TV, or was it somewhere else?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I didn't know tots would scooch over on the couch when they eat together.
    41196237440_b4888784bc_b.jpg
    43006791771_e6f35be481_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    I didn't know pregnant sims can workout on this. I thought they can only use treadmill.
    axkOicA.png?1
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    I didn’t know your sims could die of two things at the same time. I was trying to drown this sim I really hated and then all of a sudden she had a cardiac arrest and then drowned. I watched through glass windows I’d placed in game as she sank to the bottom, arms wide like a starfish. :)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I didn't know pregnant sims can workout on this. I thought they can only use treadmill.
    axkOicA.png?1

Pregnant Sims can't exercise at all though. Or did they patch that in?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    If you send vampires with the "move as fog" ability jogging, they don't actually jog. They just teleport all over the map while gaining fitness points. I wish I could lose weight that easily in real life, too...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently when a Sim is in the red and close to energy failure the wording for drink on a coffee related drink changes to this.
    OaXM3xa.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    axkOicA.png?1

It seems that sim just recently found out she is expecting, doesn’t seem like she’s in the 2nd or 3rd trimester.
  • Options
    KonekoFoxgloveKonekoFoxglove Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is the fireplace channel new or has that been there before?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Is the fireplace channel new or has that been there before?

Previously, you could upgrade a TV to get the fireplace channel but I guess it's there from the get-go now? I haven't checked it out yet.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    So you know how sims tend to route to random counters when they are cooking even if they are closest to counters that are clear that haven't been placed with move objects? My sim essentially broke into her neighbor's house to make a birthday cake and she did this.

Point, I didn't know that when they did that they could watch the cooking channel while they were....well cooking.
    41234737520_b82447a673_b.jpg
    It was like she was sort of following along.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KonekoFoxgloveKonekoFoxglove Posts: 50 Member
    @loubyloulou Thanks! :) I haven't upgraded my TV in that file, so it might be there from the start now.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2018
    @loubyloulou Thanks! :) I haven't upgraded my TV in that file, so it might be there from the start now.

Did u download the house or the room with the tv...it was probably upgraded by the creator. As of now with you can only still get the fireplace channel only as an upgrade to the tv. ( it's the super reception upgrade option that includes it along side with a music channel station) you may check to see if your tv as that option ticked in the upgrade list

Edited to add that you're right, the fireplace channel is now there on the tv list without upgrading
    Post edited by Honey_Pie_360 on
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Don't know if it is my game or what! Seems Teens can't go on dates any more. The romanace button doesn't even show up. /They can be good friends though. The other day my teen Sim was visiting a friends house and all of a sudden every one in the other house was walking around nude lol
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I'm not sure if I encountered a bug or if I just missed something really obvious again. I hope you all don't mind me asking. So I got a TV Season Premiere event, but I couldn't find any option on the TV to watch the season premiere. As a result, my Sim got sad from having a "horrible holiday." Was the option supposed to be on the TV, or was it somewhere else?

Are you using the KK_NoDistortion mod? It's been determined to cause this issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/MOD-RELATED-No-Option-to-Watch-Season-Premiere-on-TV/m-p/6892343
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    axkOicA.png?1

I think this is a new thing. I'll check it once again. But my sim in the picture is definitely pregnant ( God help me third girl). My sims are having kids until they have a boy, because only oldest boy is allowed to stay in the parents home + he choses a sister ( or brother if no sisters in the family)
    Post edited by Feisbukaite on
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Don't know if it is my game or what! Seems Teens can't go on dates any more. The romance button doesn't even show up. /They can be good friends though. The other day my teen Sim was visiting a friends house and all of a sudden every one in the other house was walking around nude lol

First I absolutely adore the attire on your avatar. And it helps me put forth a cheeky reply:

"The A. I sees your most conservative accoutrements and went into puritan mode. No dates No romance.. Nun of this Nun of that, you know!

On a serious note, that sounds like a glitch. I never had issues with teens and romance interactions. All properly rated "T" of course but from the looks of it the most exciting thing your teens shall be permitted to do is venture to the library!

Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top