Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Don't forget, this challenge closes at midnight EST tonight.

5ZgkRIL.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member

Hey @Cebu2cool - awesome park, we really do need the gallery link for your lot. I have found the link to your lot via the in-game gallery, if you share it to your FB/twitter profile (you can set it so only you can see it) you can grab the link for any lot with CC.

Done!
    I removed the CC added a few things to make up for the stuff I removed. Tried to retake new shots for the slide show but since I have Seasons my plants I had growing are mucked up and I decided to leave a few of the original shots in. They don't have the new "planters" though. BUT they do have the plants I planted. As it is the build won't win any prizes, but I still want to share.

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Sbodine89 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I am new to the forums and I have seen a ton of lovely creations on this thread! You guys are awesome! I would love to join in on the challenges <3 I love creating in the Sims <3

@Sbodine89 - Welcome to Build N Share. There will be a new one posted when this one ends, so hope you participate. Ask away if you have any questions.
    Cebu2cool wrote: »

Hey @Cebu2cool - awesome park, we really do need the gallery link for your lot. I have found the link to your lot via the in-game gallery, if you share it to your FB/twitter profile (you can set it so only you can see it) you can grab the link for any lot with CC.

Done!
    I removed the CC added a few things to make up for the stuff I removed. Tried to retake new shots for the slide show but since I have Seasons my plants I had growing are mucked up and I decided to leave a few of the original shots in. They don't have the new "planters" though. BUT they do have the plants I planted. As it is the build won't win any prizes, but I still want to share.

@Cebu2cool - you didn't need to remove the CC!! We just needed to have the linkage, which we found.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    5nd1sli.png
    That folks marks the end of #BnS97 - stick around though, the new challenge will be up shortly...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

lcQRuCc.png

As you are sitting at your desk reading the "New In Town" flyer, Karl buzzes you on the intercom.

Taking a sip of coffee, you answer it, “Yes, Karl?”

“Um, sorry to bother you, but the mayor is here to see you,” responded Karl. The mayor? What would the mayor be coming to see me for?
    “Alright, send him in”, you answer as you straighten the jacket of your suit.

Mayor Sonny Windy walks in with his assistant, Blossom Frost, and they both smile broadly and come over and warmly shake your hand.
    “Please sit down,” you start, “May I get you anything?”

“Oh, that won’t be necessary. We won’t take a lot of your time,” answered the mayor.

After everyone sits down again, the mayor’s assistant, Ms. Frost, passes me a flyer. It is the same flyer that I was reading before they entered.

Mayor Windy can barely control his excitement and takes a deep breath before he begins. “Have you seen who is coming to town? We are going to have celebrities living amongst us. Oh yes, it’s a family called The Climates. And they are looking to move here, but they need a house.”

“A house?” you try to interject before the mayor launches on again.

“Oh yes, but not just any house. I mean after all, they are celebrities.”

I must have looked a little lost because I blurt out, “Celebrities? Coming to town? Who are the Climates? Why had I not heard of them before?”

Mayor Windy continues, “Oh yes, they have their own show, called Seasons. It’s all so very exciting. My assistant has drafted up exactly what they are looking for and I know that you are the best person to coordinate such a large and important contract for our town. I mean, can you believe it, the mayors of the other towns are also building the perfect house for the Climates. It’s a town versus town contest by golly.”

The mayor’s assistant, Blossom Frost, hands me a thick folder. I open it slowly and look at the contents.

“You’ll see that there are 4 family members of the Climate family. Each family member likes a different season, so the house should reflect the four seasons. It should have at least 3 bedrooms.,” says Ms. Frost quietly.

“Is that it, just a house reflecting the four seasons...in what way?” You jot down notes on a pad of paper as she speaks.

“Well, Janine, the mother, likes autumn, and for her a wonderful kitchen and dining room decorated in fall colors would make her feel so warm and cozy. Arthur, the father, enjoys spring and gardening. A greenhouse, with a glass roof to let in the rays of sun to shine on his seedlings in his garden planters would light up his day. Their daughter, Summer, a teen, enjoys, what else - summer, so an outdoor patio with bar-b-q and pool will make her extremely happy. And Nicolas, the youngest is a toddler, and he and his mother love to snuggle together before a fire.”

“So, let me get this straight. Each town is having a competition to build a house for The Climates?” you question.

“Yes, that’s right, and the best house is where they will move to. So, you need to make sure that they move to our town,” blurts out Mayor Windy.
    “Well, we’ll do our best,” I say.

vPz5U5r.png
    • Build on any lot in any town
    • Design a house for the Climate family reflecting the four seasons, with the following theme features:
    • At least 3 bedrooms
    • A kitchen and dining room reflecting the colors of autumn (reds, yellows, oranges) (for Janine - autumn)
    • A cozy living room with fireplace decorated in winter colors (for Nicolas - winter)
    • A greenhouse with a glass roof. Inside the greenhouse should be some planters for harvestables. The greenhouse can be separate from the house. (for Arthur - spring)
    • An outdoor patio with bar-b-q, sitting area, stereo and pool (for Summer - summer)

BUDGET $200K total budget (includes the lot cost)

Room Challenge: Create a theme family room to reflect one of the four seasons. Budget $20K

Sim Challenge: No Sim challenge this time around!

3gHHX7s.png
      Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS98 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
      The deadline for this challenge is 11th July 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
      5ZgkRIL.png
      Dm5g7dk.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    When you begin to build your house for the Climates and you start on a 40x20, too small. You move to 30x30, fits the house but not enough room for a pool. Now you're at a 40x30 and hoping it works! :D
    h87xNtp.jpg
    HEW310 wrote: »
    When you begin to build your house for the Climates and you start on a 40x20, too small. You move to 30x30, fits the house but not enough room for a pool. Now you're at a 40x30 and hoping it works! :D

Yes, finding the right lot size can be a challenge @HEW310!! Welcome to Build'n'Share sweetie!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Really would love to participate in this! Will look over the information again to make sure I understand it, never have entered before.
    brenleedee wrote: »
    Really would love to participate in this! Will look over the information again to make sure I understand it, never have entered before.
    Welcome to Build'n'Share @brenleedee - all the details you need are on the front page, but if you have any questions, please just ask. We're a friendly and helpful bunch.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    HEW310 wrote: »

Yeah LOL I skipped right to a 40x30 cause I knew pool and BBQ space + 3bedroom house needs space! LOL I did find a 50x50 that I really loved, but, said I'd try for smaller.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    Welcome to Build'n'Share @brenleedee - all the details you need are on the front page, but if you have any questions, please just ask. We're a friendly and helpful bunch.

Thank you, I love having to follow a pattern, so to speak!! Awesome!
    edited June 2018
    fcuRqPI.png

Attention Starting Out entrants to #BnS96 - A Truth Universally Acknowledged - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    You know the house is going to be good when the shell, doors, and windows cost 40,000!
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    Hi! quick question. Can we use MOO?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sbodine89 wrote: »
    Hi! quick question. Can we use MOO?

@Sbodine89 - Of course, just ensure you put it in your upload and mention it in your submission.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited June 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert entrants to #BNS98 - A Garden For Daisy - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    I know there is no, "Sims people" challenge for this BnS, but I couldn't resist making this lovely family!
    Gallery link: http://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7E8693E47B1B11E8859E0BD7C32EF32B?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=BnS98&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false

rUH9YkV.png
    Post edited by Sbodine89 on
    edited June 2018
    I finally got home lol picture is in the previous post but here is their story.

Introducing The Climates! They are everyone's next favorite modern family to obsess over! Janine met Arthur and fell in love and wanted to start a family. Janine can't have kids naturally because she is a Transgender Woman. So, they decided to adopt! First they adopted baby Summer. Then a few years later came baby Nicolas! They then found out that everyone in the family each loved a different season of the year and thus, the reality tv show "the Seasons" was born! Catch up with the Climates Thursday nights on theSims network. #BnS98
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #98 The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: Sbodine89
    ORIGIN ID: Sbodine1989
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0C03E8C37CE611E887F00BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=sbodine1989&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 8,500
    LOT NAME: Cypress Terrace
    BUILD COST: 190,817
    TOTAL COST: 199,317
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fUHTMCr

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This Modern Mansion is perfect for any celebrity, but was built especially for the Climate Family! It is filled with rooms that celebrate the four seasons! Please have as much fun with this home as I had making it! #BnS98 #MOO #NoCC #Hollywood #BeverlyHills #Famous #Seasons #Climate #Luxury #PlayTested

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Hollywood Hills Mansion

uQMUsxt.png
    EUbUEeZ.png
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Beautiful entry, @Sbodine89! I love the fire by the pool and modern lines of your build!

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #98 The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: JHGKJHGKJH
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: A Home in all seasons
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Avarice Acres, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 152.762
    TOTAL COST: 155.762
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur
    (I totally forgot to include pictures of the laundry room - I will add them later)
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Celebrities hidden in plain sight - that is what I call the house. This modest looking house just blends in in every neighborhood. The midcentury modern style yet is hip and trendy, but fully functional. After all and when they are not filming, they are an ordinary family, right? So I gave them an "ordinary home", but with a lot of luxurious details, e.g. the fenced in backyard gives them a lot of privacy just like the front of the house won't allow many glimpses of family life in the house. But they still are able to reach out to neighbors and make new friends in the wondeful Newcrest community. I think it will help Summer and Nicholas to stay down to earth and having an ordinary childhood.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc, no recolors, but moo

SPACE FOR PICTURES: The house in Spring, decorated for the flower bunny to pay a visit u8DzutK.png
    Janines combined kitchen/dining, decorated for an eternal autumn
    Ok3MZG7.png
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Wow! @jhgkjhgkjh I love your story and giving them a real family home! It's very well decorated and has such a homey feel to it! You did a masterful job <3 I absolutely love your interior, I, myself, am not the best with interior design, so bravo! :star:
    edited July 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS97 - A Garden For Daisy - your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS97 - A Garden For Daisy - your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Hello everyone! I hope your builds are going well - I have a small problem and I was wondering if any of you could help me resolve it. My build cost was 194,062 (including lot cost) before I went to play test it. While I was play testing it, I removed one item since my sim couldn't get to the area, but the item was only worth 280. Now my build/lot cost is 165,104 - what changed? Thanks for any help!
    (EDIT: I also planted 4 seed packets that I had placed in the build when building - they only totaled around 200 simoleons though)
    h87xNtp.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top