Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items Seen In Homes and Wonder!

QUESTION:

Have you ever seen items in another sims homes (example: Like seeing a microphone in a backyard of a house), and wonder where or how they got it?

I have friends on my list and I have seen things such as a dance floor, microphones, etc in houses with other things I have never seen before in the store. So I was wondering if other sim layers have seen unusual things in other sim houses, or is it a glitch in the game?

It would be nice to have things like that as part of the game, and if they are already there ..... then where can we find them in the shopping folder?
TTKIncorporated

Comments

• JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    The items that you mention are party items. You get to place them for free when you host a certain party.

I have mentioned in another tread that I have seem a hamster cage with a cute hamster. I suspect it is from the new unexpected choises, (to be bought with 2000 simcash!!!) but not 100% sure .
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    Those items are for certain parties as mentioned above. You must throw a birthday party first before you can throw other parties. Once you start the party go to furniture and click on the balloon section. They give you items to place activities for the party. You need to make sure you have enough room to place all the items. The items will disappear from your lot once the party is over

you will get the dance floor and mic , etc when you have a Wedding Party or concert party
    edited June 2018
    First I see the hamster cage in one of my friends home and now fishes! Still wondering where the animals come from:)Screenshot_20180626_173014_The_Sims.jpg
    @joysie EA added mini games to the sims mobile. You will get pop ups randomly. The fish tank, hamster will cost sim cash if you want it and get the offer in a mini game .
    edited June 2018
    @joysie EA added mini games to the sims mobile. You will get pop ups randomly. The fish tank, hamster will cost sim cash if you want it and get the offer in a mini game .

Thanks, you mean those random choises, right? Or whatever they are called:) I only had the offer to but a hottub for 2000 simcash. 2000!!! Are you kidding me EA:)
    edited June 2018
    Joysie wrote: »

Thanks, you mean those random choises, right? Or whatever they are called:) I only had the offer to but a hottub for 2000 simcash. 2000!!! Are you kidding me EA:)

Yes those. Pay up sims cash, cupcakes or take the negative consequence . I got the 2000 hot tube offer :s , The rest I have gotten is job or hobby related. Pay sims cash or cupcakes for extra game points or take the negative consequence of another sim being sad/mad or the sim can get sick :/

PS no offers to use sim coins!!! This means that anyone who does not buy sims cash can forget ever getting the hot tub, pets ect!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I hate the negative consequences! I find myself using the cupcake option just so my sims don't feel sad/sick/angry or whatever. I hate it! Not that I feel attached to my sims in this game but being a long time simmer I don't like the idea of them feeling sad/sick/whatever even if the consequences are not so apparent since I just set them on their next task and then don't load again until later in the day.

I did get the hedgehog (I think it was a hedgehog at least) recently and it wasn't too expensive - around 200 simcash - but I just wish the surprise options would just disappear.
  • catsuncatsun Posts: 11 New Member
    Confused on where to find the lemons for gnome clues in the new quest
  • Guinevere530Guinevere530 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Joysie said:
    > First I see the hamster cage in one of my friends home and now fishes! Still wondering where the animals come from:)

They come from the Suprising Choices. One is refered to a Hedgehog Enclosure and the other an Aquarium. The Suprising Choice theme is Animal Lover looking for homes for these pets. If you do choose to purchase it neither my Hedgehog Enclosure or Aquarium came with the associated animal or fish just the container, so unless I’m doing something wrong, I feel a bit cheated. And the Aquarium is HUGE it’s gonna need a lot of floor space
  • Guinevere530Guinevere530 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > I hate the negative consequences! I find myself using the cupcake option just so my sims don't feel sad/sick/angry or whatever. I hate it! Not that I feel attached to my sims in this game but being a long time simmer I don't like the idea of them feeling sad/sick/whatever even if the consequences are not so apparent since I just set them on their next task and then don't load again until later in the day.
    >
    > I did get the hedgehog (I think it was a hedgehog at least) recently and it wasn't too expensive - around 200 simcash - but I just wish the surprise options would just disappear.

Did you get a Hedgehog with the Enclosure, because I did not.. I’m feeling a bit cheated. Ditto for the Aquarium
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Guinevere530 I did get the hedgehog with an enclosure. It had popped up several times and finally got sick of it and bought it.
  • kboussonkbousson Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to get the hedgehog and fish tank, but I have never had these surprising choices in my game. (Got every other one, though.) If you got the pet items, could you please post what action you were doing when the choices came up?
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    The “Surprising Choice” alternatives feel more like extortion, pay us or suffer. Never a positive outcome. Who has $200.00 in cash on hand for any item, no matter how great it is? How about something like “make 5 new friends and receive a new Izzy outfit.”
  • MYGAB1283MYGAB1283 Posts: 3 New Member
    I rarely take them anymore I took the fish tank and I’m not loving it anywhere in my house I finally just put it in a kids room... My Sims actually do get angry for a while but it doesn’t affect gameplay if anyone is wondering about that aspect of it as I know I was when I first saw that would be what would happen if I didn’t “pay up”.

Other ones as long as you have enough jobs or relationships or whatever to make it worthwhile are OK usually only 10% but today I got one where all my sims received 40% more matter what type of quest relationship etc. they were involved and that one for one cupcake was definitely worth it lasted for about four hours !
  • Twinmom_2000Twinmom_2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Have you noticed...the fish swim backwards in the aquarium
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    Has anyone figured out how to trigger the Surprising Choice pet option? I just can’t seem to get it to pop up. I just get the typical sandwich/ steal from boss/ tarot ones all the time.
  • GodivaGodiva Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="SheezaPayneDiaz;c-16758249"]Has anyone figured out how to trigger the Surprising Choice pet option? I just can’t seem to get it to pop up. I just get the typical sandwich/ steal from boss/ tarot ones all the time.[/quote]

I get those too. Been playing for a while havent seen the fish tank that i want so much :(
    I wish there was some instruction on how to get a pet :(
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    So just an FYI for anyone else trying for the pet option— I have done nothing but Friendly events with all my Sims since my last post. Occasionally, I got the Talk about Pets choice in the event. I did a mixture of quick, standard, and long events. FINALLY today I got the Surprising Choice option with the Fish Tank. It was 250 Simcash.
  • Shelleyc118Shelleyc118 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm also wanting the fish tank really bad but have never had that surprising choice option come up. I play everyday and do a variety of events but only seem to get the hot tub, tarot, sandwich, experimental potion and steal from the boss etc options. So frustrating!
  • TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    Took me awhile but I managed to get both the fish tank and hamsters. Was a long wait.
  • Nightwish18Nightwish18 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have two hamster cages/with hamsters and fish tanks. I got them through the serious question thing/someone needed help with adopting some animals to help their friend out. The only reasonable choice (and cheap one) either the fish or the hamster; cause I didn’t want to spend my money or cupcakes. These items now sit collecting dust in my storage. I wish there was a way to sell unwanted items to get more sim cash or cupcakes. Just throwing this out there.0
  • Shelleyc118Shelleyc118 Posts: 22 Member
    I finally got the surprising choice fish tank option. It took me a while to get it though. I did nothing but friendly events for a few weeks.