Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Patch

2...Next

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    here's an article about the cheats: https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/

according to alexis there, not everything that grant had listed was actually removed, she's been going in and manually checking them all (which, needless to say, takes a while) and removing from her list those that do work, such as the career cheats
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I hope remove buffs is still there, it was the only thing that saved my Sim permanently stuck as a skeleton.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    I posted this in another thread but I’ll mention it here as well.

Build mode is still unbearably laggy for me, particularly when placing wallpaper. I’ve repaired my game, no luck.

Is anyone else having this issue? I’m worried it’s a problem on my end. I don’t have any mods but I do have a little CC.

Hello @LaurenLoser16 Other simmers are posting that they still are having issues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Extreme-Lag-When-placing-wallpaper-on-walls/m-p/6872282#M63488
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Glad I checked again anyways...ha.

@rosemow thanks sug' I kept looking but it wasn't popping up in google at least it's not just me hope it gets fixed soon never had it before or I suppose I could have I don't use the tables that often.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My neighborhoods still grow too many wild plants even though it is stated that the patch fixes it. I have repaired my game, it didn't help.
    2k5BARI.jpg

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    I'm really gonna miss the "remove buffs" cheat! :(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Same happened with the vanity table in my game. No effect to make up. I had to use an ordinary mirror.

About all those buff cheats gone. It's tragic to any moviemaker losing the only (?) way to adjust moods. I wish TS4 could add a moviemaking mode, including a small UI for our needs. The game has so many random interactions between sims and objects, plus their mood affect how they move (running vs walking etc), it's becoming very hard to make a good movie without cheats!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    My neighborhoods still grow too many wild plants even though it is stated that the patch fixes it. I have repaired my game, it didn't help.
    2k5BARI.jpg

Perhaps try harvesting them and see if they'll disappear after?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    Grant said that resetsim has been taken away, but I've used that since seasons came out? That is the only complaint I would have, my sims get stuck every now and then.

He did also say that they are still working on fixing reset, so hopefully that comes back.

There's actually a work around for this! While you still can't shift click on a sim and reset them that way, if you use the cheat resetSim <sim name here> it does reset your sim. Yesterday my sim Beatrice Vatore was stuck doing an action I didn't want her doing, and it worked beautify. So in her case, the cheat looked like resetSim Beatrice Vatore.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    2k5BARI.jpg

Are they still multiplying or are you saying the extras are still there? I don't think it's gonna kill off any extras. I think once they're there, they're there.
    Also, sometimes when they fix something, it's only fixed in new saves. I hope that's not the case here, because the plants breeding in existing saves it is definitely out of hand.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :)

Today I’m going to try removing my CC to see if it makes any difference. I will report back with what I find!
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    The new patch notes said it fixed lag in live mode which would cause the sims and clock to freeze. I was fortunate enough not to have this bug, until I downloaded the emergency patch that was supposed to fix it that is! Now whenever my sim travels to another lot, or back to her home lot, there is a couple of minutes of serious lag. I run a completely vanilla game, and apart from the overspawning wild plants, Seasons WAS running perfectly for me. :(
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    The new patch notes said it fixed lag in live mode which would cause the sims and clock to freeze. I was fortunate enough not to have this bug, until I downloaded the emergency patch that was supposed to fix it that is! Now whenever my sim travels to another lot, or back to her home lot, there is a couple of minutes of serious lag. I run a completely vanilla game, and apart from the overspawning wild plants, Seasons WAS running perfectly for me. :(

Same here, I didn’t have a noticeable lag before the patch, now my sims stand around for ages thinking about their next move. Getting the kids to school and scout meetings is quite difficult.
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    Illandrya wrote: »
    ...I didn’t have a noticeable lag before the patch, now my sims stand around for ages thinking about their next move. Getting the kids to school and scout meetings is quite difficult.

You might be in for an interesting winter if that lag persists!
  • thecookieateuthecookieateu Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, guys. I wanted to make a separate post for this, but I'm not a full member so I have to ask somewhere else. This seems an appropriate place to do so:

I'm running Seasons on a Mac. I've played the 7 days of winter in Windenburg and it hasn't snowed once. I've check my game settings, and it's supposed to allow for snow and blizzards. I have no mods or CC. I do have every pack installed. When I opened the game, it did warn me that I might now have enough memory and that it might cause instability problems, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. I also haven't had any gnomes spawn.

Is this a bug or is something wrong specifically with my game? Is this a glitch the patch could correct? I haven't found a lot about this topic, and what I did find was an issue with mods. Thank you!
  • thecookieateuthecookieateu Posts: 4 New Member
    Of course, I left this out and can't edit my comment: I'm playing on laptop mode.