Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I didn't vote because for me, there's no such thing as "Worst EP in the game", maybe there ,s but for me, not really.

First of all, let's compare GTW from CnD - I still did not include seasons cause i haven't really play it (lol, us of us do too :smiley: ).

Obviously, GTW is the first EP in the game, I think it may be lame, but it's like comparable to a pilot episode of a tv series, it never really showed us any y'know stuff and still hasn't got gave us the true potential of a true expansion pack unlike CnD which it gave me the best satisfaction in the game yet, and the moment I'm writing this, is the still latest EP. EPs have now evolved in the game, more and more features are being added.

Compare Luxury Party Stuff to Laundry Day Stuff, (Obviously, it has a very very big differences (gameplay, build\buy objects, CAS items)
    Cause What you know, they haven't still got the true potential of what a stuff pack could be in the sims.
    LP stuff is like plum and Laudry Day is like plum cause this is OMG and plum!!!

BTW let's stay on topic here, like I said. "There's ain't the worst EP in the game" It's like the first game in any franchise. (The First Sims, The First Final Fantasy, the first GTA, y'know what i mean"

I hope some of you can get what i mean.

Luxury Party might be the weakest SP but I used the content to make a great wedding venue in the basement of Museum Muses in Willow Creek. I also use a lot of the CAS for formal wear -- the tacky glitter suits work well for teen boys.I'm thinking of equpping some of the nightclubs with the buffet tables if Seasons allows me to set up a Prom Night.

I think it's hard to look at a single pack and call it the "worst" -- it's all how it fits in your gameplay. Right now, I've got a Sim who is raising two children as a single dad, both born from alien abduction which wouldn't have been possible without GTW.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats & Dogs is the #1 worst, and everything else is right behind it tied for #2.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    Get To Work
    Get To Work, no contest. They release a super buggy EP and don't even bother to fix the problems, even though people were reporting them as soon as it came out. The receptionist disappears in the doctor career, my doctors insist on taking patients to occupied beds and see the exact same patients every day, no tourists spawn in the scientist career, and aliens are almost completely unplayable.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Get To Work
    Didn't even have to think about it.

Retail is a JOKE. Active careers are as exciting as a low quality mobile game. CAS items are mediocre at best, the only thing I like about this expansion is the baking skill. Haven't felt this ripped off in ages and I've been playing all sorts of video games since the 90s. Not even gonna mention the bugs because even without them this expansion wouldn't be worth a penny in my book. It's just pure trash. They should've saved it for the last - new careers was definitely NOT what the bare bones base game of TS4 needed at that time

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Get To Work
    I voted Get to Work though I don't have it because it's the one I'm the least interested in. Seasons isn't even available yet, so I don't really see what it's doing in this poll.
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Get To Work
    Get to work because my sims don’t work, that’s what motherlode is for and I dislike aliens and sci fi stuff. The only thing i like from that pack is the baking skill and some buy & cas items.

I don’t know how some people hate get together
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    City Living
    City Living. I had gotten it before because I wanted to build apartments in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. I was disappointed that not only were apartments limited to San Myshuno, but you couldn't even BUILD them! You also cannot create your own festivals, and festivals in general happen TOO often. I uninstalled CL and don't have any plans to get it again.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    City Living
    I don't like how everything is restricted to San Myshuno. If you don't play in that world, it's like you don't have this pack.
    The other packs integrate far better to all the worlds.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Get To Work
    Get to Work. The careers get repetitive too fast and there is no big rewards for completing them...Aliens are cool but limited in what they can do. It does have cool CAS BB objects though and it is required for plenty of mods.
  • Options
    Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    Get To Work
    get to work is boring and not many fun things to do
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Get To Work
    Personally, l'm not a fan of Get to Work. I wish we could have gotten more than 3 careers.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018
    City Living
    San Myshuno just isn't my kind of City, it doesn't have an Apartment or Penthouse, I'd be happy to call home.
    if anything it's a world I would use to store, townies, or custom NPCs
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GatochwegGatochweg Posts: 22 Member
    City Living
    City living because there really isn't much to do in the city. It looks good but you can't change much. You can't have community lots in apartments. You can't build your own apartments. Festivals get boring fast and you can't change these either. The Meadow never gets visited by any npc sims so that is boring too and you can't change its setting. I like the food stands but because of these all my sims that I don't play for a while are doubled in body size when I return to them. Do like the stuff that came with it though.
  • Options
    evealexandraevealexandra Posts: 10 New Member
    Get Together
    I feel like this is an unpopular opinion but I'm not fond of Get Together. I also wish that Cats and Dogs would let Vet become a proper career, instead of having to have a ridiculous amount of money to buy the clinic.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    I didn't vote because I don't think there is a 'worst' but my least favorite would be Get Together. I rarely visit Windenburg, my sims don't party a lot, I only have a few family related groups. Have never used the bonfire, the closet, diving platform or dj booth. With Seasons coming though I might get some use out of the bonfire on those cool fall nights.

Exactly - agree with you completely - not voting either. Although I do like Windenburg - the town and the dancing - but not a fan of the club system really , it needs more purpose for me; and I surely don't see ANY of the eps as bad. I sort of like some part of all of them - and unlike some players don't have any bugs to speak of. Game plays pretty flawlessly if you ask me - so I don't get that as I don't see those issues.

Most of all I Can't very well have an opinion on Seasons seeing none of us has played it - so not fair to judge a book by it's cover. In fact that is against my main principle in life to never judge anything or anyone by just what I see. So won't judge that pack either - even though so far I love what I see - does not mean it is good or bad till it's been played long enough to get to know it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    cats and dogs cuz i hate those little pests
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    City Living
    Looking at this list... That was hard because I really like aspects of all of those packs :o. Even stuff I rarely use/do I like having the option to do them.

I voted for City Living because the novelty of the festivals wore off fast and I'm usually too busy trying to accomplish other things to bother going to them and also I rarely have my sims use the apartments because I like to have my own lot I can do whatever on and the apartments as they are are really limited.

I like all the city recipes though but I usually add the ones I can to restaurants so my sims can go and eat them any time to learn them and a lot of my households also use smaller things that were added in the EP such as the game console and basketball.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2018
    City Living
    I was torn between Get To Work and City Living.
    I like the concept of Get To Work, but the To-Do lists of tasks really put me off. I would much prefer being giving goals to achieve with multiple ways of achieving them that I decide myself. That way I can better role-play what I want to do. But Get To Work does have a lot things I like doing, and I like going to work with my sims now an then.

City Living was a bit of a disappointment for me.
    Although building custom apartments was always a bit of a cheat and not a formal solutions, building my own apartments wherever I wanted was a great joy for me in past Sims games. I don't like being limited to the city.

I also don't like that I have very limited choices for other lots in the City. Other than festivals, there won't be much reasons for sims outside the city to visit it. City Living could have used at least one more area that would allow you to add whatever lots you wanted.
    The EP won't be very useful for until we get University. My graduating sims will be getting apartments until they get climb further up the career ladder and find spouses. They will then move on to homes in the other worlds.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Get To Work
    I voted Get to Work but I guess it doesn't count since I don't have it. But I have seen reviews and I just don't think it lives up to the other ones.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    City Living
    I voted City Living, because of the bad lagging every time my sims had to go to events in town, and because of all the foreign names, I couldn't remember. I am sad I had to uninstall it, because I liked most of the clothes and furniture, coming with it.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Get Together
    I've come to like them all but to be honest, Get Together was my least favorite (and I hated it for a good long time and still NEVER use the annoying as heck club feature for any reason.) I came to like it because Wendenburg is sorta cool and I like the npc's that came with the pack.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    City Living
    city living because we can't build apartments, singing skill is so limited (all voices sound the same), GARBAGE ELEVATOR, and just general lackluster.
  • Options
    ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    Get Together
    I chose Get Together because I rarely ever make clubs and use them. I would also choose Get To Work. That pack has gotten a bit dull. I think it's more so of my least favorite out of the bunch rather than what I dislike. These two are my least favorite. I don't even go with my sims anymore to work because it gets repetitive and I become a little uninterested.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I chose Cats and Dogs because of the drama with the My First Pet pack. Cats and Dogs already seemed pretty sparse for an expansion pack but then this other pack comes out and I realized just how much we were all 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with Cats and Dogs expansion pack.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Mine might not be a very popular choice but i've got all the EP's and I was only disappointed with C&D. Being honest i'm one of the few that enjoys GTW both the active careers and owning stores, i've had small bugs but nothing to stop me playing all together. I just C&D when I preodered seasons as it was on sale and I just thought it was very light in the build and buy department. I enjoy the CAS items and the neighbourhood is beautiful but I just felt the pack to be very very light generally.