Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

Comments

• butterfly27255butterfly27255 Posts: 52 Member
    I haven't stopped playing the Sims 2 :p I will occasionally play sims 3 on my mac when I am out and I will play sims4 when my family on sims2 have driven me to madness. But I find myself playing and getting lost in the game when I play the sims 2 something that does not happen with the other Sims game.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    If they make a Sims 5 that is a true successor to Sims 3, including open world and improved graphics.

No offense to Sims 4, it’s just not to my personal taste. Not a fan of the cartoony graphics and the closed world. But I’m happy that others like it though. I am jealous of the build mode it has :)
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I play TS2, TS3, and TS4 regularly. TS3 is by far my favorite game. I'll probably have to stop playing if I move far away for college or if my sister moves out (I use my sister's gaming computer to play the sims).
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    I play TS2, TS3, and TS4 regularly. TS3 is by far my favorite game. I'll probably have to stop playing if I move far away for college or if my sister moves out (I use my sister's gaming computer to play the sims).

It can be a problem having a shared resource when it's a computer. Hopefully you will be able to sort something out so that both you and your sister can keep playing. What is lovely is you are both prepared to share. When we just had the one computer I would kick hubby off without ceremony in order to play TS2 :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    To be honest, when sims4 first showed us the CAS 3-D modding capability, I was in love. To be able to grab here and pull to there and turn this way or that... it really seemed awesome. BUT losing the color wheel was the deal breaker for me. The color wheel was the ONLY reason I left sims 2 behind to play sims 3. When I played Sims 2, I was always using Photoshop to recolor objects and clothing so they matched. If the Sims 4 limited and unmatched, plastic color options as well as the plastic hair make the transition to Sims 5, I don't see any interest in it for me. The other part of Sims 4 that I found severely wanting was the new traits/goals. I found only a few that I'd be interested in playing, unlike the LTWs in Sims 3 where there are only a few that I have no interest in ever achieving.

What would make me interested in Sims 5 would be making sims 3 even better with some of the sims 4 technology. I like the ability to make objects grow or shrink. Some of the objects in game just really aren't sized correctly, like the make-up is too large; so it is mostly useless to me.

Lots of people love building in sims 4. I'd like to be able to move build objects around. Placing a smaller lot on a bigger lot and being able to move it right, left, etc. is great; and having the ability to pull out a wall is awesome too. I can do that now if I don't have diagonals or something in the way or something that doesn't move. So... if I could just slide the house over to the left and closer the road, I'd find that an upgrade.

Other things I think could be better in sims 3 is the ability to change colors of the roof tiles with a color wheel instead of making a new color and adding more cc to the game. I'd also love to be able to singularly remove the patterns from CASt that I never use, as well as the clothes, shoes, accessories that I have no desire to wade through while looking for the clothes I want my sims to wear. (Any great mods for those? I have some hiders that I use, but I just don't play with SimsPE. I guess I need to do that.)

The advent of the cute toddlers was the only time I've even been tempted to play sims 4; but I don't want to be tied to the internet to play, so I really don't think anything will pull me away from sims 3 except for real life. As long as I have a computer that loads the game, I think I'll stick with what I have.
    Amphora wrote: »
    If they make a Sims 5 that is a true successor to Sims 3, including open world and improved graphics.

No offense to Sims 4, it’s just not to my personal taste. Not a fan of the cartoony graphics and the closed world. But I’m happy that others like it though. I am jealous of the build mode it has :)

It's a big if but there is nothing to stop people from hoping and thinking about what they would want.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    ciane wrote: »
    To be honest, when sims4 first showed us the CAS 3-D modding capability, I was in love. To be able to grab here and pull to there and turn this way or that... it really seemed awesome. BUT losing the color wheel was the deal breaker for me. The color wheel was the ONLY reason I left sims 2 behind to play sims 3. When I played Sims 2, I was always using Photoshop to recolor objects and clothing so they matched. If the Sims 4 limited and unmatched, plastic color options as well as the plastic hair make the transition to Sims 5, I don't see any interest in it for me. The other part of Sims 4 that I found severely wanting was the new traits/goals. I found only a few that I'd be interested in playing, unlike the LTWs in Sims 3 where there are only a few that I have no interest in ever achieving.

What would make me interested in Sims 5 would be making sims 3 even better with some of the sims 4 technology. I like the ability to make objects grow or shrink. Some of the objects in game just really aren't sized correctly, like the make-up is too large; so it is mostly useless to me.

Lots of people love building in sims 4. I'd like to be able to move build objects around. Placing a smaller lot on a bigger lot and being able to move it right, left, etc. is great; and having the ability to pull out a wall is awesome too. I can do that now if I don't have diagonals or something in the way or something that doesn't move. So... if I could just slide the house over to the left and closer the road, I'd find that an upgrade.

Other things I think could be better in sims 3 is the ability to change colors of the roof tiles with a color wheel instead of making a new color and adding more cc to the game. I'd also love to be able to singularly remove the patterns from CASt that I never use, as well as the clothes, shoes, accessories that I have no desire to wade through while looking for the clothes I want my sims to wear. (Any great mods for those? I have some hiders that I use, but I just don't play with SimsPE. I guess I need to do that.)

The advent of the cute toddlers was the only time I've even been tempted to play sims 4; but I don't want to be tied to the internet to play, so I really don't think anything will pull me away from sims 3 except for real life. As long as I have a computer that loads the game, I think I'll stick with what I have.

I must admit I was tempted by the cute toddlers too. I had given up hope of seeing them in TS4. In the context of the whole game they were not enough by themseves to encourage me to play again.

There is a lot of good ideas in what you say. You may remember Anavastia, she always maintained simmers didn't know what they wanted. Seeing your post and some of the others I disagree. Here's hoping if EA consider a TS5 that all the community gets a chance to have a say.

Then there are the compromises. Everyone has deal breakers but even a company the size of EA cannot provide everything that is wanted.

I particularly like the idea of a built in hider of hideous CAS items. Some of the Katy Perry stuff is truly shocking even after all these years :D

Sim enim est vita
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    If Sims5 had an open world and a color wheel, then I would consider it. It would be nice if sims could visit other neighborhoods then go back to their home neighborhood.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited June 2018
    Open world and the ability to be able to put user created (including the ability to make your own) custom content is a must-have for me. If it isn't there...in the next iteration...it's a complete and utter deal-breaker.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Royal Canadian Armed Forces CADPAT fatigues (with Royal Canadian Navy beret)

Screenshot-62.jpg
    United States Navy inspired Sims Navy Uniform (4-star Admiral)

Whatever Sims game is created, it has to have the ability to be able to customize it to whatever we want it to do.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Glad to hear you can clearly define your deal breaker. I suspect when it comes to deal breakers we are all very different. Never having used mods or cc they would not be top of my list yet I can see an integrated means of creating and installing would be mega important. What I am trying to do is not prejudge too much how I might react if the day ever comes that I am tempted.

Love the pics. A pity we never got more officially in the way of uniforms.

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I feel no desire to move on from TS3. I am very slow to add new EPs although I own them all so still have much to explore. As long as this laptop (and possibly my next one, although this one's fairly new, or the desktop I hope to get some day) will run what I own (I have all the discs) TS3 should see me happily amused for years to come.

I nearly gave up on TS3 after about a year of playing because I felt cheated by the promised (but not delivered) SP which was one of the reasons I switched from TS2 but that was soon forgotten when I started using mods. Now that I use mods that make my whole town seem alive I am happy. So happy, in fact, that I lose many hours of each day playing ;)

In the event that I can no longer play it because computers will no longer support it, I will be sad but will get over it. I don't play other computer games currently but I do have several mobile apps that keep me amused while I am waiting for my game to load. I often see games over my son's shoulder that look like something I would like so, if I had to, I am sure I would find something in his Steam Library which has cost me more money than I care to think about.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    edited June 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m not playing TS3 at the moment because I play Animal Crossing.

I love Animal Crossing!

I would never stop playing permanently. I have 4 and play it too but I love 3. I even play 2 still.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Quitting Sims 3 means I would have to abandon my family with which I´m playing since the day Supernatural came out.
    So, if I can´t replace this big and beloved family exactly one to one to the new Sims 5 I would not move on. (Perhaps the new game would/could be able through body and face scanners of pictures to recreate them?)

And there are other features the game must have: Open Worlds (bigger and better than the ones in 3), CAS (even better and faster and more customizable) and a Story Progression like Nrass´s.
    And the Sims have to react much more to the other Sims and their actions and behavior. They should have sympathy and empathy to their fellow sims! And the families should have a much bigger bond than in the former games. This new Sims should behave like little humans somehow.

And Sims 5 has to be graphically improved to Sims 3. I want more realism! Forget about this (sorry to say my opinion) 🐸🐸🐸🐸 awful comical graphical style of Sims 4. I don´t want to have the feeling again, that the developers have made a bad joke at the expense of the Sims!
    If all this improvements were taken into account while making Sims 5, I would move on. But I doubt that EA and Maxis would put so much effort to the Sims 5, it will be too expensive and too much hard work!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've got no plans on giving up TS3 though break for TS2 might be in my near future as I've got UC on this computer and might have to take a forced break if the weather gets too hot for TS3.I play TS3 with over 700 Mod files and could never give up my Mods to keep playing as I also need those or the game becomes unplayable with save corruption from children getting taken by social workers or saves glitching out from the EA bugfest doing things it's not even supposed to do like getting all sims pregnant in town and causing the save to Error12.
    I've got a few great legacies in play and am playing those towns for generations.Having to give up awsomemod and it's fixed school assignment which replaced the broken automated assignment is another deal-breaker for me as I've had game-breaking issues with the automated school assingment and it even caused a situation that led to one save becoming corrupted.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    To get me to move on from Sims 3, a new sims game would have to have every one of the best features from the previous sims games and then some. I'm not holding my breath,

Besides, I have a bunch of new "toys" for sims 3 that I haven't even tried yet. ;)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2018
    I figure basically I'd have to be literally unable to play TS3. Like they'd have to somehow code all editions of the game to no longer function period. I mean I couldn't play on patch 1.69 so I just repurchased on Steam so I could still play. I moaned the whole time about how I shouldn't have to give EA more money for something they broke and it would be the last time I ever gave them money. But I still did it because I refused to stop playing. So as long as there's a way I'll find it.

In all seriousness maybe if they made a new edition of the game that I could get into as much as I have TS3. No hate towards TS4, tbh I enjoy it on occasion but I can't get near as into it. It's just not the same and not what I want out of my main sims game. Honestly it would probably have to be TS3 remastered and debugged lol.

I'd also have to be able to like import my sims into the new game because I'm also not giving up on families I've been playing for 6 years or more. I don't want to recreate sims I suck at it. I want to be able to import them. I've always thought this would be a cool feature. Dunno how feasible it would be (with different game engines, art styles, whatever)... but it would be cool.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Bettyboop55 I didn't say so, but yes, I would have to have CAW also. But in my first post when I said if they would make a 64 bit version of it, I actually meant all of it as it is already, which would include CAW.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2018
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m not playing TS3 at the moment because I play Animal Crossing.

I love Animal Crossing!

I would never stop playing permanently. I have 4 and play it too but I love 3. I even play 2 still.
    Yes, me too! I can imagine it will become repetitive after a while when you’ve reached the perfect town (going for the golden watering can now, after that it will just be collecting nice items for my house I guess haha and growing new colours for my flowers) but some aspects I would love for a Sims game. Like catching fish and bugs being actual fun, demanding some skills of the player. And the ability to sell them for different prices (which means you go hurray when you catch a rare one). And the growing hybrid flowers aspect.

As for dealbreakers and Sims 4, for me so far that’s really just the behaviour of the sims. The way they don’t have a memory and are so much focusing on their emotions instead of traits and events. That for me is a bigger problem than CASt and open world, because although those definitely are highly important, it’s during actually playing the game where I feel disconnected. Even with the cute toddlers. About to start playing the vampires so I hope their gameplay will really pull me in. I’ll never leave Sims 3 behind for the game, but I notice I’m happy as a child whenever Sims 4 does manage to make me enjoy it (like with Jungle Adventure for a couple of sim days). I WANT to move on. The fact I still stick to Sims 3 is an undesired side effect for me. I’m not a ‘negative Nancy’ because I choose to be (in fact I’m pretty good at turning a blind eye, including in Sims 3), I am because that’s just how I feel and I hate it (getting bored so fast).
    5JZ57S6.png
    Thank you everyone for your posts. It seems we are an incredibly loyal bunch when it comes to our existing sims and no wonder given how attached we are to them. I do like the idea of a scanner to take them forward into future games:) Also people have given a lot of thought to mods but if the smooth running of your game depends on them it is easy to understand why. Nothing more depressing than losing gameplay or having a story progress without your say so. Personally when I cut a household loose that's it but obviously others play differently. Unless the sims later turn up in Katy Perry gear at which point off to CAS they go !!

The theme of wanting to fully explore all the content is also strong. Again understandable, packs were released with such rapidity it would have taken an exceptional simmer to fully explore each one fully at the time plus the masses of store content. Enough really to keep most of us happy now for hours and hours and hours :D:D:D

Repurchasing all the games on Steam shows true love of the game. I was very fortunate in being warned in time and my disks are safe (glances at bookshelf to check) but I do know of others who have hunted through second hand shops and on line to get used copies in order to play again.

@IreneSwift CAW and CASt are such givens we often forget to mention them as part of any major overhaul or new version :) This was part of the problem with the development of TS4 so all of us will have to remember to be extremely vocal about them when and if a TS5 is announced.

@JoAnne65 there is nothing "negative nancy" about wanting to move on. Under different circumstances quite a few of us would have moved on with the release of TS4. To me it seems part of a natural progression especially given the rapidity with which I abandoned TS2 once my TS3 disk arrived. Looking at the posts here a lot of people talk of new or improved which I think shows we appreciate what we have now but realise there is always room for improvement. New doesn't always translate to better but, IMHO, the transition from TS1 to 2 to 3 did. I know I wouldn't be looking at other games now if there wasn't the underlying fear of what will happen if I lose access to TS3 and the fact in August I will have been playing it for 9 years :)

I'm off now to enjoy the garden before it gets too warm. Please keep the posts coming :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    When I win the Big Lottery... so far all I'm doing is paying them. :cry:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand why having more money, even astronomically more, would make the game less enticing to play. Unless of course one is only playing the game because they have nothing else (they can afford) to do. A "real" simmer would never say or even think this. >:)

And yes, I realize who I am responding to and of course I am not being serious. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @igazor wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand why having more money, even astronomically more, would make the game less enticing to play. Unless of course one is only playing the game because they have nothing else (they can afford) to do. A "real" simmer would never say or even think this. >:)

And yes, I realize who I am responding to and of course I am not being serious. :)

Yes... nothing else. Feel my pain. :sniff: :cry: :munchcookies:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited June 2018
    igazor wrote: »

*Remembers all the lost opportunities to do stuff cuz..."I'd rather be simming"*

When I see all the buzz around a pack release (such as the recent release of Seasons for Sims 4) it makes me sad I missed all that with Sims 3 due to not finding it until August 2014. However, I also missed all the patches and bugs and got a complete game so it's a trade off.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    @Zeegee always good to be ready with a list of requirements :) Of the two main options emerging which might tempt people away from TS3 I think an overhauled 64 bit version of TS3 the most feasible. Even then I suspect there might be those who prefer to stay with the existing game. Why not if it gives them exactly what they want.

I dont want this thread to turn into a speculation thread for TS5. It is a topic I would love to debate with you but I'm afraid the mods will close it or move it. Let me just mention apart from the economic factors the wishes of two existing communities should be taken into account when and if a new pc version is announced. This will mean compromise so the question then will be how much compromise is each of us going to make before we move on ?

I am not particularly tactful and you have taken the trouble to provide a detailed thoughtful post. Please let me know I have not caused offence :)

Sim enim est vita
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Bettyboop55 Sorry! My brain operates in *squirrel* mode. I've deleted the Sims 5 wishlist. :) No offense taken.

ETA: I'm not really willing to compromise either. Why would I when I have the perfect game already. :wink: