Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    After jumping through many hoops, my toddler finally got his birthday party at McDonald's.
    Y2N7vE8.png

Just noticed the shirtless man at the table lol :D
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    After jumping through many hoops, my toddler finally got his birthday party at McDonald's.
    Y2N7vE8.png

:D Yeah, that's Catarina's husband (the boy's father,) and she didn't know he was insane until after the marriage. She tries to ignore it, but sometimes the embarrassment is too much and she makes him go home. Sometimes, he strips down butt naked in public. Lol. I don't think insane sims did that before Seasons? Could be one of my mods, though. Whatever the cause, it's hilarious and I'm keeping him around.
  • Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is anyone having trouble trying to pre-prepare parties with the calendar system ?
    I tried to to plan my sims birthday with maybe a week in advance and when I made all the preparations ( guest list, place, time, attire etc) the party took place right in the moment sadly, haven't tried it again but just wondering if its a bug and if it happened to any of you too?
    Also! when a sim calls to go to maybe dinner later on ( they called like at 9 AM maybe ) instead of waiting until night the event takes place right away, maybe its me, but i though this would not happen with season, as we could plan beforehand
    :star:
  • EkaBlackEkaBlack Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! In grafting plants is no longer written that it includes :-(.
  • JoSpinNJGirlJoSpinNJGirl Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there a way to stop Seasons from changing?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2018
    There is a weather machine but I have yet to use the weather machine because its fun to see how all the seasons run first. The holidays do tend to come up really fast though!
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    Is there a way to stop Seasons from changing?

Without cheats i guess the only way to try to get a constant climate is with the crazy machine that came with the expansion pack with which you can change seasons and change weather

hope I helped you :star:
    EkaBlack wrote: »
    Hello! In grafting plants is no longer written that it includes :-(.

yeah its a shame, I have a lot of crafted plants so I really hope they fix that soon, its probably a minor bug I am guessing
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Just saying I noticed 'Cruel Summer' is in the game, a song I put in for my Seasons Song Countdown.

What a blessing! :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • JoSpinNJGirlJoSpinNJGirl Posts: 5 New Member
    My alien toddler will not change into its altered disguise. She is always cold because she's always in a diaper and its winter.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    You know you can give her clothes in her alien form too, right?
    image.png
  • MinPatiMinPati Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so happy that this EP came out. I always loved the seasons EPs in the games <3 Makes it so much more realistic. The calender is also a new beautiful addition :)
  • Leigh_DynamixLeigh_Dynamix Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi im having problems with my sims 4 i want to buy seasons but everytime i try play the game its giving me a error code 102:ff495b5:b3c27d2.
    ive tried everything .really everything !
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hi im having problems with my sims 4 i want to buy seasons but everytime i try play the game its giving me a error code 102:ff495b5:b3c27d2.

Try posting in the HELP section, BUGS & GAMEPLAY ISSUES. That's where experts will read it and you'll get help. This section is just discussions by other players, not devs.

Do you have any mods or cc? Some mods were broken with the new patch, especially MC Command Center and 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you very much for Walking on Sunshine from Kathrina & The Waves on Simlish. :D
    First Separate Ways from Journey and now this cool sound.^^
  • pink_toastpink_toast Posts: 3 New Member
    Does seasons let teenage sims have Summer jobs?
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    pink_toast wrote: »
    Does seasons let teenage sims have Summer jobs?
    It adds a new one for them, joining the scouts but it doesn’t pay, children can join as well.
  • KBsimmerKBsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > SEA-SONS! SEA-SONS! SEA-SONS!
    >
    >
    > Simmers, we’ve heard you loud and clear. So, it’s time to reveal one of our biggest, brightest, sometimes-stormiest packs yet. The Sims 4 Seasons is coming to PC and Mac on June 22, 2018!
    >
    > Picture this: A flurry of snow gently falls from the sky. The fireplace roars. Fuzzy sweaters abound. Hot cocoa is being sipped. The house is decorated for the holidays.
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you smell the pine tree? Can you see the twinkling lights? Can you believe how much this will change your game forever? Drop your impressions, reactions, comments and weather appropriately dressed Sims below!
    >
    > Edit: Meet the Climates family!!!
    >
    > Find out more in our blog!
    >
    > Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
    > Update:
    >
    > New EA Play blog gives us The Sims 4 Seasons: Holidays Official Gameplay Trailer:
    >
    >
    >
    > Read the full blog here!

A lemonade stand would be so cute for the toddlers/children, maybe your sims can grow lemons, make lemonade... Then sell it for simoleons (Forgot how to spell that Lmao)
  • BriklingBrikling Posts: 4 New Member
    Let me start off by saying that this expansion pack is by far the best one that EA has done with the Sims in a long time. The ability to edit, add, and change holiday traditions around is the coolest part of this game other than the change in weather and events. I also think the new career is definitely more fun than I thought it would be. It really would make sense to have the sims get a creativity skill boost as well because they are coming up with these arrangements! The CAS mode is also a lot of fun. The new additions to the toddlers hair choices are some of my favorites. i.e The flower head band. I also really enjoy the random holidays throughout the calendar! They are fun and different! Please add some booties for dogs and cats. Their little feet must get super cold outside in the snow. Just a thought! I think that the team at EA has has a slam dunk on their hands. The game is even more fun and exciting than it was before.

I will say that I am also a little disappointed in the technical parts of this game. $40.00 is a lot of money for an expansion pack of the base game. I understand that there is a lot of new content and game type, however, at $40.00 there should not be as many bugs as there is with cheats and game play. I've been playing since I have gotten the game (even without the skill cheats) and my game has froze more than five times. I understand that the developers may have not known of these issues prior to release but I am pretty sure that a majority of the simmers out there play with some sort of mods and cheats. I would have waited to release the game to make sure that everything, cheats and all, were working. Can't take it back now, such is life and we will all move on until the patch fix comes out.

Now I keep checking the forums everyday to see if there are any updates to fixing cheats and gameplay and I keep on seeing the same answers. "The team is aware of the problems....." and so on and so fourth. After paying $40.00 for a game, you would think that they would have had a new patch out by now to fix the issues revolving around the game. I only play with skill cheats because, without them, you miss out playing the core pack because your so focused on making sure your sims skills are high enough for their careers and to live. You kinda miss out on playing outside or doing the holiday stuff because you are stuck playing a computer for Logic or cooking too much food for skill points. By the time you have successfully gotten to ten in most of your skills, your sims is either almost dead or too old to continue a family. I have stopped again and have used cheats to modify their age in create a sims but I haven't had the full opportunity to explore the seasons because I don't have time too.

Now I understand that the games developers have other things to do but please get that patch out soon or would someone please give us an update as to when the game will be fixed and not some link to another forum discussion as to what the problems are. We already know the problems, we just want it fixed.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Brikling: Your gripe is similar to mine. Since getting seasons, my game is freezing up constantly and the skills cheats doesn't work. I also like spending more time doing storylines instead of constantly skilling up to participate in a variety of activities to make the game interesting in the first place. Btw, I heard on another site that EA got rid of the skill cheats on purpose. I hope this isn't true and that the developers will fix this in the next patch along with the STREET GALLERY which hasn't worked in six months.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    edited June 2018
    l had my child join scouts, which l love btw! When l age them up to teens, do they keep all the badges they earned as kids or do they start all over? I hope you don't have to start over. That'll be a pain. :s
  • BriklingBrikling Posts: 4 New Member
    > @MsKatieRose said:
    > Brikling: Your gripe is similar to mine. Since getting seasons, my game is freezing up constantly and the skills cheats doesn't work. I also like spending more time doing storylines instead of constantly skilling up to participate in a variety of activities to make the game interesting in the first place. Btw, I heard on another site that EA got rid of the skill cheats on purpose. I hope this isn't true and that the developers will fix this in the next patch along with the STREET GALLERY which hasn't worked in six months.

I hear you loud and clear. I do think that it's a little buts that they would get rid of the cheats. If they did, I am sure a whole slew of simmers would be very upset and want a refund. I do understand why they would do it but I do not find it fair. They really need to do something. Even if they took out the cheats, the game is so buggy that you can only play it for such a short amount of time.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    Y2N7vE8.png

:D Yeah, that's Catarina's husband (the boy's father,) and she didn't know he was insane until after the marriage. She tries to ignore it, but sometimes the embarrassment is too much and she makes him go home. Sometimes, he strips down butt naked in public. Lol. I don't think insane sims did that before Seasons? Could be one of my mods, though. Whatever the cause, it's hilarious and I'm keeping him around.

I really hope they improved the insane ("erratic") trait like that. I don't use it enough so that gives me a reason to check it out more.