March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi, everyone! I know I've not been around much. Since beginning the CPAP machine, I actually feel like doing things with the kids and such. So, I'm far busier than I have been. This means not much writing. lol

Today, I wrote this little poem when I saw this pic I took in-game recently. I thought I'd share about the choices we can make in life. Hope you enjoy! <3 I really miss coming around and reading everyone's stories.

The Lighthouse
    By Lovesstorms

A light in the darkness
    For all to see, far and wide.
    It guides even the heartless
    And those who try to hide.

Brave and dutiful while it tirelessly rotates,
    like a beautiful and ornate carousel.
    Seamen see it and don't hesitate,
    Yelling and ringing the alarm bell.

We are also lights in the darkness,
    For all to see, our life, our beacon, shines,
    Will you twinkle and sparkle,
    Or turn the unhappiness into gaudy whines?

Our lives in this world of hatred and greed,
    Can turn into the negative overflowing.
    But if you stand tall, brave, and different, indeed,
    You will see yourself in others, glowing.

42898320712_69ae7d0f6c_o.png
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi, everyone! I know I've not been around much. Since beginning the CPAP machine, I actually feel like doing things with the kids and such. So, I'm far busier than I have been. This means not much writing. lol

Today, I wrote this little poem when I saw this pic I took in-game recently. I thought I'd share about the choices we can make in life. Hope you enjoy! <3 I really miss coming around and reading everyone's stories.

The Lighthouse
    By Lovesstorms

A light in the darkness

cool poem. cathtea is better with words than i am. and work wore me out yesterday . good to see you.

i have to go now i think i have adulting tomorrow. i tend to sleep through that too.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @lovesstorms Holy wow. This poem gave me chills. What an excellent rhythm and a powerful message. It is true. We shine best when we are not alone. Also, beautiful picture.
    @lovesstorms Holy wow. This poem gave me chills. What an excellent rhythm and a powerful message. It is true. We shine best when we are not alone. Also, beautiful picture.

Thanks! I got a chill myself after re-reading it this evening. I think I might share it with my family and friends on my FB page, which will be very scary. lol It'll be good for me. Don't tell my co-worker, but she may have inspired me slightly while writing this. ;)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

The Lighthouse
    By Lovesstorms

A light in the darkness

cool poem. cathtea is better with words than i am. and work wore me out yesterday . good to see you.

i have to go now i think i have adulting tomorrow. i tend to sleep through that too.

Yeah, I have adulting, too. lol And me, too! In fact, at lunch, I almost took a nap in my van at work. But I forgot to put my blanket and pillow back after our vacation last week. You'd think using the CPAP machine would curb my need for sleep, but it hits me sometimes like a load of bricks.

I hope you are well. I need to come back here more often, even if I don't write that much.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Well, not too concerned about the thermostat. More of the outdoor temperatures.

@simscognito Don’t make me post that gif a third time. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,031 Member

The Lighthouse
    By Lovesstorms

A light in the darkness

Beautiful!
    starlight-saga-return.png
    The Starlight Saga - Return to Stardew Valley Everything has a cycle: birth, life, death. And we return and return again.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all! How's everyone doing?

I was toying around with Dream Selfy and reimagined my main characters as different fantasy job classes :)

Ip7JPOj.png

Basically the Doc's a pirate, Antonio's a ranger, Park's a squire, and Preston is a knight (of course). :lol:
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh my gosh they're adorable!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited June 2018
    Because of the glitches people are having Mom's making me wait even longer.. and I don't want to wait a couple more days .. I want the pack NOW and yeah I do have laundry day.. but I want Seasons as well.. since I don't want to start Gen 8 w/o the Seasons Pack and I'm going to be there (at Gen 8) by either tomorrow or Friday
    6adMCGP.gif
    Well, not too concerned about the thermostat. More of the outdoor temperatures.

@simscognito Don’t make me post that gif a third time. :grimace:

what gif i got off by then
    just ordered to harry potter books on amazon. well screenplays fantastic beasts and the crimes of grimswald. the second is out in november for the fb movie. no sis not facebook fantastic beasts.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Life Anew updated!

Chapter Two
    Life Anew updated!

Chapter Two

since i'm not quite sure what does anew mean? it sounds like starting over but i'm not sure.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I received my 1st Anniversary Badge. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Happy forum anniversary!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Congrats. :)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Because of the glitches people are having Mom's making me wait even longer.. and I don't want to wait a couple more days .. I want the pack NOW and yeah I do have laundry day.. but I want Seasons as well.. since I don't want to start Gen 8 w/o the Seasons Pack and I'm going to be there (at Gen 8) by either tomorrow or Friday

but by the time you do get it maybe all the glitches will be fixed. some of my mods broke. including one thats a major part of generation 2.
    edited June 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »

but by the time you do get it maybe all the glitches will be fixed. some of my mods broke. including one thats a major part of generation 2.

the MODS been update.. it just I want Seasons NOW I don't want to wait for a week (ie Friday-Friday) I can't start Gen 8 of my Swansons LEgacy without Seasons..and I'm going to be done Gen 7 by the latest Wednesday unless I take a long break and play with my Disney-simself save instead and have my simself's main child go to the Jungle and explore .. with them for a bit.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member

Yeah really gorgeous poem!!
    noel and lauren lied to me. its kind of my fault i was testing the leaf pile and next thing i knew they had twins .........i was expecting1
  • JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    I'm trying to figure out how my twin teen sims are set to age up to YA on different days?
    I'm trying to figure out how my twin teen sims are set to age up to YA on different days?

Did you buy Seasons EP and did you get the patch today?

6adMCGP.gif
    new chapter

Mh3ll0.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Ugh I've had zero motivation to write for so long :/ Wish it would come back already

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top