Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens to my game if I uninstall Origin?

Hi! I have a question... What happens to my game if I uninstall Origin? I plan on re-installing it afterwards. I know my game is still going to be on my Origin account when I re-install it but, is the data from my game still going to be there?

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You don't get to play if you don't have Origin.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Bliss_BlossomBliss_Blossom Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm not planning on playing without Origin. I just need to know if I'll loose all of my game data if I uninstall and then re-install Origin.
    I'm not planning on playing without Origin. I just need to know if I'll loose all of my game data if I uninstall and then re-install Origin.

I don't think you will. Best to back it all up first to be sure though.
    I'm kinda dumb when it comes to computer stuff... Lol :D How exactly do you back it up...? @kremesch73
    edited April 2015
    I'm kinda dumb when it comes to computer stuff... Lol :D How exactly do you back it up...? @kremesch73

Select your S4 folder in C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Select the Sims 4 folder. Right-click it, and select 'copy'

Then select a blank spot on your desktop.

Right-click, and select paste.

The folder that appears is your entire folder. If anything goes wrong, your files are all still there for you to copy back to the Sims 4 folder after you make any changes, repairs, re-installs, etc...
    Oh! Thanks a million! @kremesch73
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Your game data should remain in tact, but like the poster above said it's always best to backup your data. I'm not sure if you can actually uninstall Origin while The Sims 4 is installed, I've never tried it. The Origin requirement may prevent you from uninstalling, but once again I really have no clue.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    You can cut off origin running while the Sims 4 is up using Task Manager. I was so happy when I figured this out. No more Origin tracking me. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Angelica121408Angelica121408 Posts: 2 New Member
    scobre how do you do that?
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I can say from experience that even re-installing Origin didn't affect my game progress at all.

It was a long story why I did that, but I was really happy to see all my sims and lots were still there :)
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I had an issue where I tried to repair my game but it failed and wouldn't let me play, I uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled it and all was fine. My saves were there.
  • irefuze2loseirefuze2lose Posts: 1 New Member
    I payed for origin so I can buy sims 4 with a discount. I don't want to keep paying 5$ a month because is would be a total waste of my money... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is this 🐸🐸🐸🐸?! I have to keep paying to keep my sims game?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    I payed for origin so I can buy sims 4 with a discount. I don't want to keep paying 5$ a month because is would be a total waste of my money... plum is this plum?! I have to keep paying to keep my sims game?

Hello
    This is a link to an FAQ about Origin Access.
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access/faq
    If you have questions about it you would be best to be in touch with EA Help
    https://help.ea.com/
  • L11s1L11s1 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello. if i delete my origin will my sims 4 still be in my pc? or will it dissapear? i didn´t really get that.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    L11s1 wrote: »
    hello. if i delete my origin will my sims 4 still be in my pc? or will it dissapear? i didn´t really get that.

Uninstalling origin wont effect your game installed on your computer should you have to uninstall and reinstall origin. You must have origin installed on your computer to play the sims 4 . The game won't work without origin
  • connorblair1996connorblair1996 Posts: 20 Member
    it shouldn't disappear but you would have to reinstall the game, which is over 2 or 3 GB again, but always back it up on an external hard drive or USB flash drive if you have one handy, i have a 2TB External HDD, and 4 or 5 USB flash drives, as i hate waiting for any games to reinstall from scratch, at least if you back them up, they dont take as long. mine usually take around 30-1 hour depending on my wifi connection and the size of the game i have backed up, GTA V is the largest which takes around 1 hour to 1 and half to reinstall instead of 2 days, which sucks i know, as it has happened to me. good luck :)
  • connorblair1996connorblair1996 Posts: 20 Member
    Sims 4 should still be in your origin game library
  • Lunia_NorisiLunia_Norisi Posts: 26 New Member
    It wasn't in my Origin game library at all. That's why I need to be able to make it work without deleting Origin. But no one will help me.
    It wasn't in my Origin game library at all. That's why I need to be able to make it work without deleting Origin. But no one will help me.

Hello
    If your sims 4 game is not in your games library, it would be best to be in touch with EA Help and do a live chat with them.
  • podrcrpodrcr Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone just wondering I got a new computer and I got my account for origin ready and the only game I had on it was sims 4. but when I tried to re-install it I had to pay for it so I thought I was doing something wrong but websites wont give me any answers so I'm hoping if you guys can help me with my problem

thanks
    podrcr wrote: »
    Hello everyone just wondering I got a new computer and I got my account for origin ready and the only game I had on it was sims 4. but when I tried to re-install it I had to pay for it so I thought I was doing something wrong but websites wont give me any answers so I'm hoping if you guys can help me with my problem

thanks

Hello @podrcr
    You shouldn’t have needed to pay for it again. Your sims 4 game is linked to your Origin account.Did you log in to Origin using the same Origin account that you used when first registering the Sims 4 game? If you did, and you still couldn’t redownload /reinstall the game without paying, it would be best to be in touch with EA help
  • expvredexpvred Posts: 6 New Member
    I am having the same problem and I am going to try uninstalling origin and reinstalling it. But, if that doesn't work idk what I am supposed to do because i have tried most things and they don't work.
    I also have tried to remove cc and it wasn't my cc. I also don't want to play without cc.
    expvred wrote: »
    I am having the same problem and I am going to try uninstalling origin and reinstalling it. But, if that doesn't work idk what I am supposed to do because i have tried most things and they don't work.
    expvred wrote: »
    I also have tried to remove cc and it wasn't my cc. I also don't want to play without cc.

Hello @expvred
    What is the issue that you are having ?
    welp i attempted to uninstall origin then reinstall and nothing changed. Should I try unistalling the sims 4 then reinstalling it? (I have a backup file for ts4 btw)