Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit — a Sim that has a child with Father Winter will carry down a special trait to their child which gives 2x satisfaction points! Really love how they added these NPCs, and with so many neat details, too.

7USpYD3_8G6gBoWL8_ouOjdnzMoiJtoNpox5gnIu-PE.png?s=8c7ff4890d695fbe872000c15b275bc8
    Wow! I never expected a detail like that to be added but thats really cool :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've seen a few asking about the flower bunny, why she never shows up on the lot and, when my 'bunfest' holiday arrived, i found out why. she does indeed show up, but off-lot. she wanders from wild plant to wild plant throwing confetti in the air until someone goes to talk to her. also, both of my adult sims in the household instantly got to 'friend' status with her as soon as she arrived, though the teens all had to introduce themselves
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sims with a childish trait can talk, tell a story to snow pals or even tell jokes. :smile:
    naStnAX.png

Also, it looks like the fireplace channel is completely unlocked in Seasons? My sims never upgraded their television, but it's definitely there. Haha nice.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit — a Sim that has a child with Father Winter will carry down a special trait to their child which gives 2x satisfaction points! Really love how they added these NPCs, and with so many neat details, too.

7USpYD3_8G6gBoWL8_ouOjdnzMoiJtoNpox5gnIu-PE.png?s=8c7ff4890d695fbe872000c15b275bc8

Very cool :) (no pun intended). I think the devs know now that the Sim community has a fetish for woohooing and having the offspring of NPCs :lol:
    giphy.gif
    I’m sure this is a bug, but my adult sim slapped his child daughter on Prank Day. I had autonomy on full, and as soon as she woke up he slapped her silly. He did it twice actually, and gained relationship bonus both times. :smile:

This is wrong on so many levels :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    something that i love not sure if it is mentioned already is that sims have the ability to sing carols like birthday songs and christmas songs together during holidays wich is absolutely adorable
  • butterfly27255butterfly27255 Posts: 52 Member
    Pigeons, and lots of them. Not sure if they were in the other packs but I see them everywhere. And also crows flying and pooping on poor Mr. patchy. I thought crows were scared of scarecrows? my crows just sit on his shoulder.

igb2ar.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there were pigeons in other packs, mostly city living and cats and dogs. as for the crows thing, the one mean/teasing interaction sims get with patchy is something along the lines of 'mock inability to scare crows' (this is before he becomes a 'real boy' and gets most interactions unlocked for a few hours a day)
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Your sims gain weight faster when you eat the grand meals that's new to seasons :) and the decorations that you can put at your sims homes also shows up around the world on the commercial lots like bars and museums aswell. Not only on your neighbours houses.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    My teenage sim put a prank gift under the tree autonomously and his dad, also autonomously, got annoyed about it xD
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited June 2018
    There's so many little wonderful things I've seen so far. This is definitely the pack we've been missing!

Did you know...

You can use the decorations box to customize outdoor decorations for a bunch of different parts of the house individually (eaves, fences, foundation, spandrels, etc) and have different ones for holidays and every day.

If you have a present pile under the tree (even if the presents are opened and it's just empty boxes) Father Winter will leave presents under the tree for everyone. (You can also ask him for a present and he will give you an extra one!)

On Winterfest each of your sims can check the mailbox for Winterfest presents.

Sometimes the wind blows so hard that your sim can't walk in it properly. I sent my sim out to harvest the garden during a blizzard and she got blown backwards and had to struggle slowly to get to the garden.

There are new permanent versions of the need rewards. So for 10,000 reward points you can buy a reward that makes you NEVER need sleep. There's a "full" version of each of the previous reduced need rewards.

If you buy the money tree, the amount it gives you changes as your tree improves in quality. It starts out giving appx. 8k simoleons per harvest at the first level, appx. 12k at the second level, and so on.

You can use the indoor planters to grow plants out of season. If they are "sheltered" they aren't restricted by the seasons.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Your Sim now has a chance of finding frogs when using the weedsucker :D
    Zn4oAL9.png
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited June 2018
    On New Year's Eve there is a New Year's TV channel you can watch that changes to a Countdown to Midnight after 11PM. If you leave it on, at midnight fireworks come out of the TV.

Sims in a relationship will also autonomously kiss each other at midnight. (Not sure if this happens with non-romantic sims yet, can anyone confirm?)

You can add a holiday with an Egg Hunt to your calendar to complete the Decorative Eggs collection if you missed any in the pre-Seasons events.

Once you bond with the bees enough to get a medium-high relationship with them you can "Collect Swarm" to put a swarm of bees in your inventory to do your bidding. They will bring you gifts, attack people, woo sims, pollinate plants, etc. Each swarm is one time use and disperses after a time if you don't use it.
    Gabbryrose wrote: »

Sims in a relationship will also autonomously kiss each other at midnight. (Not sure if this happens with non-romantic sims yet, can anyone confirm?)

My Sims never kissed one another, but they hugged instead. I though that was a nice touch. :blush: I expected my Sim to kiss her husband, but they had a fight and their relationship points were low, so it might explain why they didn't kiss :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,844 Member
    Might have been mentioned but you can be unsuccessful with giving Christmas gifts Tate appreciated his slablet but his sister Kasey didn't, I imagine she'll be as materialistic as her mother is. There is a food coma moodlet you can get after eating a grand meal and...well this might be a glitch but when streaking is part of a holiday pregnant sims can do it too.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not sure if it's already been said but if you have a holiday with the 'Spooky Spirit' tradition ghosts will wander around the neighbourhood when it gets dark and no other sims.

It was really cool seeing all the old premades as ghosts about (as I'm a few gens in) and my sim got to meet her great aunt's ghost!
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    My sims decided to hug their toddler son at midnight, I thought it was so cute.
    Maybe its my game, by my word it rains a LOT in Brindleton Bay :worried:

My Sim hasn't had a laundry day in since last week! Time to get a dryer :lol:

And speaking of, I discovered that I was a complete idiot as I tried watering the plants while it was raining. *Click click* WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?! Oh.....

giphy.gif
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Maybe its my game, by my word it rains a LOT in Brindleton Bay :worried:

My Sim hasn't had a laundry day in since last week! Time to get a dryer :lol:

And speaking of, I discovered that I was a complete plum as I tried watering the plants while it was raining. *Click click* WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?! Oh.....

Doing laundry the eco friendly way has become very difficult! I had a week of rain with one day of heatwave (on which I left the lot for a while) in between and the clothes just never dried!
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Seems like Sims can give other sims a 'funny' gift.
    7TfvOj9.png

Patchy didn't seem to care much for it though, but he laughed about it anyway.
    MIwsdyr.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Gabbryrose the "full versions" have been available for some time
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sims can play in the rain!
    dre8nm.png
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well I had a Halloween or Spooky Say it went well except my kids can't go trick or treating a rabbit hole would be fine I don't want to give the neighborhood candy I also would like to get candy fr the neighborhood.