Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

laundry question!

Why are my sims constantly getting sad moodlets because their clothes are too damp? I really don't like this. Is there a way to make sure this never happens again? a mod? a cheat? It's a bit ridiculous my sims are going to their bed to cry under the covers because of damp clothing.

Comments

• Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I notice I have to dry my laundry twice half the time. If your dryer has the option to dry, even if it just shut off.. dry them. When you mouse over the unload or put away options it'll tell you the state of the clothes and its usually still damp.

IMO, they need to add an extra upgradable spin cycle to the washing machine. The clothes come out soaked, and IRL, who would put saturated clothes in the dryer? No one, they'd put it in for an extra spin cycle first. I wonder if that's because of the presoak upgrade... *off to experiment*
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    jennyhyunjennyhyun Posts: 47 Member
    Laundry ability is in The Sims 4? Where?
  • Options
    jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited June 2018
    Laundry was added in a stuff pack earlier this year called Laundry Day.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm still not sure why you sometimes have to dry the clothes twice.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I have noticed since the patch/seasons, when my sims go to remove clothes from the dryer they just drop them onto a pile on the floor, and they are then dirty and need to be washed again. I'm not sure, but I think the laundry got messed up. Anybody else experiencing this issue? I hate to remove the washer and dryer as my sim just upgraded both, but I may remove and repurchase just to see if it fixes itself.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not had the problem, but my sims don't even have dirty clothes to wash, let alone the rest of it.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I have noticed since the patch/seasons, when my sims go to remove clothes from the dryer they just drop them onto a pile on the floor, and they are then dirty and need to be washed again. I'm not sure, but I think the laundry got messed up. Anybody else experiencing this issue? I hate to remove the washer and dryer as my sim just upgraded both, but I may remove and repurchase just to see if it fixes itself.

Yes this is happening to me almost all the time.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    I think it's meant to mirror real life. If you have an old or cruddy dryer, you have to add time to the end of the cycle. Otherwise jeans and thick clothing feel damp still. Maybe try upgrading the dryer if the handiness skill is high enough.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Mouse over the dryer when it's finished. If the clothes are still damp, give it another round. And like what some said, try upgrading the dryer.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?