Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRIDGEPORT'88 - I'M MAKING A HELL OF A LET'S PLAY

This is a continuation of a thread that was moved to somewhere irrelevant. It doesn't really belong there so I'm starting a new one to tell you about....

....episode #1 of Bridgeport'88. The aptly but uncreatively titled, Capitalism & Aerobics. You can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuxCCnrCgk

I've put a ton of time into this and while it's far from perfect, I'm pretty happy with how it's come out. I'll be doing more in the future, and I'll continue to improve. Now what I would REALLY like from you guys here is the following: Feedback. Input. Suggestions. Maybe a little bit of validation. Maybe a lot. Maybe some attention too. Or maybe a lot of that, too. Let me know.
Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
(oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I like her classy business girl look with the short blonde hair.Whole lotta ladies working in that office,I couldn't concentrate on my work my sim would be trying to woohoo all my coworkers.Would be fired my first two days for sim harassment.And your subway ride scene was very creative and realistic
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    You're fantastic at editing, sir! Amazing job. I remember watching the trailer for this and loving it. Glad to see you're still working on it! It's such a creative idea and I loved this first episode!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I absolutely love the intro, the editing and visuals were fantastic. In fact, I love all the detail you put into the lots and sims to really fit that decade. I remember the earlier Bridgeport video you posted here and loved that too. If I could make one suggestion it's that your voice comes across as a bit echo-y at times but that might just be the microphone you're using. The aerobics class and the subway bit was cool. Good job :grin:
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks guys, you're almost giving me too much credit.
    The mic situation is a bit tricky, yeah, because my house has really bad acoustics. These rooms are more or less just big white boxes covered in a thick layer of insulation and concrete. So things have a habit of echoing quite badly.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I have, yeah. It's something I'm definitely going to invest in, when and if I can make this series grow into something bigger than it is currently. I've already bought a bunch of stuff that helps me make these episodes, and I don't mind spending a bit of pocket money every now and then. I've bought a new mic, a bunch of instrument plugins for my synthesizer keyboard, and enough hard drive space to record several days of raw footage. But I can't really justify spending large amounts of money on a small-time hobby thing that only a couple of dozen people watch.

So I'll do my part in being persistent and making the best videos I currently can, and if it catches on I'm willing to seriously invest in better gear. I know it sounds cheesy but, liking my videos or sharing them with a friend is eventually going to help me out a lot.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    You should share your video on the Sims Games reddit as well. 88k subs on it, so it'll likely get more views than here. :3
  • Options
    I don't know if I still have a Reddit account, but I might try that.