Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Massacre

Comments

• KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    I took out my sim's save folder a few weeks before installing Seasons so I'm playing in a completely fresh game. I also take out empty houses and excess lots. I haven't used any mods or CC in S4 at all. I've only created one household of 4 sims.

This is mostly just a weird emergent behavior from how the sims are programmed. If you have a sim freeze in front of a gym then the sims inside run outside in their gym clothes. You can't really distract them from mourning the dying and dead sims so the gym patrons start dying. Any sim in the vicinity is going to stand outside gawking and if they're not dressed properly they're going to freeze and die.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    OMG! Those pictures are so funny but so tragic! I haven't got to Winter yet, maybe I can play slowly and hope it's fixed before I get there lol.

I just got through Spring (I spent sooooo much time in CAS!) and started Summer. Kind of dreading heat waves right now! But I'm going to hope that LittleMsSam's beta mod covers me for now, play with walls down to miss fewer issues, and exit without saving as needed, I guess. I don't want my Sims to not get hot.

Heatwaves aren't too bad ... in my single household I didn't have any NP-Sims dying from heat during all of summer (despite having 2 or 3 days with heatwaves).
    Only sim who didn't like it all too much was my toddler. Seems like she didn't automatic switch to hot weather-clothes when the weather called for it. Had to switch to hot weather clothes for her manually
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    The hot and cold categories just weren't a good idea. I've dressed all the townies in warm athletic wear but they are still blue. Hot and cold subcategories would have been the way to go
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Oh my goodness! To think I almost started off in Winter. I started in summer and was grossly unhappy. (After all in RL it's my least favorite of all four seasons.) I restarted my game save and second time chose Fall. Now, you have me worried. Currently there are two toddlers in household number 1 of my rotation save. Both wee girls like to toddle out to the backyard and play on their toddler gym thingie, on their own, sometimes in the middle of the night, exhausted. :open_mouth: What is up with these girls? LOL Now, I'm going to have to be extraordinarily vigilant, from the sounds of it. What fun!

I look forward to the challenge. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is this happening for ALL rotational players or even NON-rotational players?? I personally have not seen this happen, but I don't play rotational. I play one household, if I get bored and move to another, I make the previous one with the unplayed option in household management. It has a faded green plumbob over their houses, but would that make this happen? I don't use any mods so I dunno if I should now to prevent this. I easily get frustrated when the game does MAJOR glitches.

If you want to replicate this, start a new game in Willow Creek, choose Winter to start, and head directly to the local gym with your fresh out of the box random sim. Double bonus death points if it's a blizzard day. It should normally be freezing temperatures, but it's even worse on blizzard days. NPC joggers/NPCs spawning in should start turning blue and dropping, and then everyone else gets forced out to see what is happening (in their exercise gear) once the first sim dies and hilarity ensues.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Great for a criminal aspiration that needs to see a dead sim. I have been having trouble. I keep giving his parents and in-laws the long life drink. I am not ready for them to pass yet. However, my luck the Elders would be the first to freeze. I don't have Seasons yet, waiting on a sale.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I might just do that and see if my game is having the same issue.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    Does the game start adding sims if a world drops below a certain number? That would make this glitch a perpetual motion machine of death.
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    KatzMeowz wrote: »
    Does the game start adding sims if a world drops below a certain number? That would make this glitch a perpetual motion machine of death.

Good question. In my game where 10-12 died and I quit out, new sims kept arriving to keep the gym fully stocked as sims died. I guess it might never end as you pointed out if it kept rolling townies to stock the gym once it ran out of premades.
  • kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I'm sorry but those photos are making me laugh sooo hard. :D I started in spring in WC and I saw a lot of blue sims walking around on cold days, so I can only imagine what I'm in for.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You mean like this I called this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in San Myshuno in a picture thread.

441BBA7CC1B56315C8762C3B0D47F28B00401D06
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2018
    I actually love this. >:) I was getting so tired of guaranteed longevity. I suppose they will nerf it soon since so many are complaining. I wish there was a way to just tone it down a bit instead of squash it entirely, but we all know what happened to alien abductions.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am sorry you are losing so many sims. You mentioned you hope MCC has a revive option. It does actually. @Feisbukaite looking at the relationship panel click on the sims ghost icon> MCC command center and I think it's under sim cheats it's a "revive" option. However I feel as if we shouldn't even have to do this. I hope EA fixes this soon.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    I lost a child sim a couple of days ago while he was on a 'play date'. While he was there, before he could step inside the house, a fire broke out. It was winter, and he froze to death waiting for the fire to be put out. This is ridiculous.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I honestly haven't had anyone die yet and I'm almost through with my 14 day winter. Of course now that I say that they'll start dying, though :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @Feisbukaite or anyone else, can you share a save file with me where this has occurred, to help us investigate? You can upload it to Google Drive and send me a private message (or DM on Twitter) with the URL. Thanks much for the help!
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    @Feisbukaite or anyone else, can you share a save file with me where this has occurred, to help us investigate? You can upload it to Google Drive and send me a private message (or DM on Twitter) with the URL. Thanks much for the help!

if someone could guide me how to do that, I would gladly share it.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LittleMsSam is still working on her fix. She's expanding it because it's not just joggers and not just freezing. "I was already thinking about reworking the "Fix" so all NPCs get a Immun Buff when they spawn. Easiest way to cover everything until EA fixes that." https://discordapp.com/invite/KpZsvRM is her Discord channel, and discussion and a version of the mod to test are in the #feedback channel, the only pinned post.

I downloaded her mod, yet still the joggers in willow creek are dropping dead because of freezing. Sometimes sims who walk the street have water dripping off from them as if they were in a rainy environment, yet the actual neighborhood I am playing in is not rainy right now. Yet it's early spring and I already saw 5 Sims drop due to freezing. But I agree with one thing this has to be fixed, as too many sims are dying.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)

if someone could guide me how to do that, I would gladly share it.

There's instructions in this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302

Thanks for the help!
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    I can't help but laugh at these stories....it hasn't happened to me yet as I haven't made it to winter yet...but I'm glad for the heads up as I really don't want half my towns wiped out.

Well guess what, My sims are dying from freezing in the Spring! It's not even winter yet. Don't want to know what will happen, but so far a lot of premades died.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    My sim was invited to the pool in winter to try and join a club, and I was trying so so hard to stop several sims, including four -children- from freezing to death.

Children can freeze to death?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2018
    Luckily no one has died in my current save, but it's only been a week in game and they're trying. Random guy stopped to shovel snow in my yard. Thankfully he left. Can vampires freeze to death? Can I save my town by turning them all?
    tumblr_pauvcf52ZQ1wy9czzo1_1280.png
    Thanks, good samaritan, don't die in my yard.
  • faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I can't help but laugh at these stories....it hasn't happened to me yet as I haven't made it to winter yet...but I'm glad for the heads up as I really don't want half my towns wiped out.

Me too. I feel bad for thinking it's funny. I haven't been able to play too far into the game to have this happen and I'd be mad if it did but when I read the stories I couldn't help giggling. I've sent warnings to daughters who also play. One is into her 5th generation.

Me too. I feel bad for thinking it's funny. I haven't been able to play too far into the game to have this happen and I'd be mad if it did but when I read the stories I couldn't help giggling. I've sent warnings to daughters who also play. One is into her 5th generation.

4 days inGame time, 4 days of Spring and 6 Sims died in my game because of freezing in the Spring! So it really doesn't take that long, once it starts happening. The first 4 days have been cool and there was one day when it was freezing outside. But it's disturbing to think this happens in Spring, what will happen in Winter then??? :open_mouth: