March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate Seasons?

On a 1-10 scale, and why. It's been a few days since its release and I'm curious as to see where people stand.

How would you rate Seasons? 159 votes

1%
Bagoas77Xareyah 2 votes
1%
sikasika18BelongtoLCMS 2 votes
0%
mitchiebanjo 1 vote
1%
CinebarItsJanier 2 votes
3%
06Bon06SavvySimmiecatmando830Quess_is_BakedEmmyGee 5 votes
5%
AlrynnSnuffyBucketDynvachrstal27bizuktagMidnightAurashnailehteajayloveSimmerBecca4481 9 votes
10%
GoldmoldarDrezmuBlueSeaWavesFrancl27giveit2megarapoesGodleyjeansvikixcCupidDreamaDoveparadiseplanetCreampuffcatPeralPeanutButterSims2002hevkerTapio75 16 votes
25%
LeGardePourpreSikoahGracesimm621keekee53drake_mccartysafersaviourkeenowLustianiciaPegasysSim2SporeChampandGirliebixtersSajahilittlemissgogowaggymiley2013x_Always_Heart_xSigzy05guri639Internal_ChaosRedDestiny92 41 votes
27%
LaBlue0314TutanoPlayerSinger2010VibseSimburianlilacstreetwaysAeroprincess87mommy19959699Sjofnstilljustme2sekojranaVulorijaymancrazJennyggScorpina2009xKay_luvxDaemonPawsBieberFever975kittymeowsheronparris 44 votes
23%
IceyJlakireWritin_RegFigwitSofmc9simgirl1010alejandro15039VageniusLizzychicagoKim5496marbergfungamer2BirkscheSimsGirlLover12rjssimSimulator4samsimsHermitgirlRoanCrousAmiutza 37 votes

Comments

• kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Would have been higher if the patch didn't break half of my CC :#
  • TutanoTutano Posts: 61 Member
    Now I give it 9. It's really a game changer. I feel like all the other packs were just waiting for the seasons to shine. But Seasons was released with some annoying bugs and glitchs. Once they are fixed it will be a 10/10.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It would be more like a 6.5 but I rounded up because I'm nice :)

I love it for the ambience. The rest of the content (like the bees and the careers and the flower arranging and stuff) aren't necessarily bad, but I just haven't been able to find the charm or appeal to them yet. There's also a good mix of bugs and questionable design decisions that I hope get dealt with soon.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    It would have been higher if we could have different length seasons. I really wanted a shorter Spring and Autumn but longer Summer and Winter.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I really like it so far, but I haven't made it through all the seasons yet. There's tons of good things. The sounds, the visuals, the way it just changes up generic gameplay. It's really nice. Plus the random extra holidays are fantastic. I had a lottery in my game and one of the townies apparently got super rich. (I checked and he's literally a millionaire now.) xD I didn't know how much I wanted a lottery in the game until it popped up on my calendar. And Father Winter is the best. I had a sim move into a lot the day before Winterfest, so after the minor decorations she could afford, she literally only had 1 buck to her name. And when Father Winter came he just kept putting down more and more presents, until she had a ton of gifts! I was just expecting one :blush:

Any grievances I have with it are mostly bug-related?

1) I didn't like how frequently my sims wore cold gear in the winter. They wore it during cold and freezing temperatures. I was hoping they could get away with everday outfits in cold weather. (Maybe my sims just lived in a particularly cold place?) But it's a bit better now in the summer.

2) The amount of slipping is silly. They'll slip, stand up, then immediately slip again. Walk two steps, then slip again. (I think they'll tweak this eventually.)

3) The calendar set event is bugged (but that's a known issue and should eventually get fixed. fingers crossed!)

4) When you go to make your own holidays, I felt the holiday event suggestions were very limited to real-life holidays, making it difficult for me to make a random holiday. It didn't feel as free-form as, say, clubs were. I couldn't even find some of the options the random holidays add.

5) Finding a skating rink is way harder than I thought it would be. For some reason I thought there would be one in every neighborhood. That is not the case in my game.

6) I've gotta agree with simm621. I would've liked to change the length of individual seasons.

7) Gotta agree with Cupid, too. I couldn't find much charm in flower arranging or bee-keeping. Most of the pack's appeal was the ambiance and calendar/holidays. (But that ambiance is pretty darn good!)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I can't rate it yet because I'm still trying to get my house perfected.. yes, I know its been almost 4 days but I'm picky ^.^
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2018
    I do like the pack, I think this is probably the longest I have played the sims 4 without being bored. I love the thunderstorms and that each town feels more alive now. It definitely has given each town a fresh coat of paint as it were. It looks lovely.

I like the new game play objects although I think skating is not as good as the predecessors. I really miss couples twirling holding hands.

Things I’m not so keen on which lowered my score:

The calender system. I said it before the launch and I still say it now: I really don’t see the point of being able to schedule events (not holidays) far in advance. You can do that without seasons. All you have to do is remind yourself to throw a party on x day at x time.

The calender would be more useful if you could customise your own event - like say a baby shower, engagement party, bachelorette party etc. As it stands you could make holidays for those events but none of the traditions really fit those scenarios are are just too broad.

I don’t like that he calender system uses sim holidays. I know the arguement can be had for realism but this is a game with vampires, aliens and raccoons and foxes for pets. Also if it’s to prevent abuse of the system? *cough Motherlode cough* I liked the idea of being able to give my sims a week long vacation from school and work. Unless my sims don’t have jobs that can’t happen. I liked the idea of having many custom holidays and I had to scrap that idea when I realised my sims would not have the holidays. I think there should be an alternative for that and hopefully there will be a compromise even if it’s just sims having the option for unpaid leave. I know the holiday system has always worked this way and I have never liked it but I hoped there would be a lot more flexibility.

I miss being able to set my own seasons. I.e summer, summer, spring, fall. Or better yet 10 days of summer, 3 days of fall and fifteen days of winter. Seven days feels too short, fourteen days feels too long and if you play with aging on you have to consider that. Not a lot of wiggle room. It bothers me more than I thought it would.

Small things which I miss are not having a temperature bar. I realised this when my sims apparently were dying from heat stroke in a dress. The temperature just said warm, not heatwave. She didn’t indicate she was in distress, the first I knew about it was when I got a notification saying she was dying and to cool her down. Also sims going running in winter in shorts and t shirt and going blue. I hope that’s a bug as that’s not good for rotational players.

I do miss sun burn and sun tan. Especially when my sim got a chance card that said she got sun burnt and she was itching as a result. Feels very weird to have missing and even weirder it’s in a chance card when it’s not possible in game.

I miss the weather channnel that actually indicated weather. Someone else noticed this too and it would be nice if it gave you information. I know the calender does bit that doesn’t tell you the weather for other worlds. You have to go there. I left Windenburg and went to San Myshuno for a party to find it had thunder. As gorgeous as it was, I wouldn’t have chose there if I had known the weather in advance.

It’s an okay pack, don’t get me wrong. I do enjoy it. But the above is why I scored it lower.

Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I scored it a 9. I do enjoy it very much, but there is always room for improvement.

I think Midnight Aura said it best :)
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Would have been a solid 8/9 if it wasn't so bugged.
    2UFyFUV.png

• GeorgeEverGeorgeEver Posts: 1 New Member
    an 8
    Its very annoying that sometimes there is no clouds while raining , snowing
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    It's a 9 for me. Seasons has added so much to my game, but the current bugs are what led to me deducting a point. Since one of my bugs concerns the calendar (events always get triggered to start immediately rather than on the dates I actually want), I can't give it a perfect score. Once the bugs are fixed I'll be happy rating it 10/10.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's been perfect to me - no question about it. A big game changer seeing it changed how I was playing a bit. LOL. I don't use mods, CC or cheats so didn't have any of those issues and my game is playing pretty flawlessly considering the learning curve of finding new things as one goes and getting use to the new. I have been the only flaw in this pack thus far. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    voted 9
    but that is because I wish you could change the length of each month not just say 7 day or 14 days or 28 days just wished it was a bit like the sims 3 seasons. I love everything they have given us so far but I haven't been through autumn yet.
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I voted for 9, because although I love it, there's always something to improve and also I want to play a bit longer before giving out full points.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »

Yeah but that ALWAYS happens with packs....
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I give 9. I really enjoy new experience. I'll give 10 once the problem ( joggers freezing to death) is going to be fixed.
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    edited June 2018
    My computer exceeds the recommended specs, and I don't use CC or mods, but I have had a few issues that has deterred me from playing. My sim froze to death because of the lag and I couldn't get her to get inside. The pack is very in depth, and the hard work put into it is evident, but the bugs are a bit too much for me this time. I normally play through them, but there are some issues that are game breaking to me. They will fix them, as they typically do (and I am sure that I will love it then), but for right now I have to unfortunately go with a lower rating.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I give it a 9 since it makes me want to play for hours on end again. And that hasn't really happened for me since the Sims 2 was still releasing new content.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    9. My biggest issue is the fact that every save has to follow the same season length. I wish that could be changed for each save. The bugs and glitches are also annoying, but thankfully I personally haven't had to deal with many. Overall I'm very happy with the pack :)
    I give 9. I really enjoy new experience. I'll give 10 once the problem ( joggers freezing to death) is going to be fixed.

You can fix it yourself by making their jogging clothing suitable for cold weather. They will not fix that seeing they gave us a way to make all our sims clothes for cold or warm wear.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2018
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »

Yeah but that ALWAYS happens with packs....

You can't blame EA that is the way it works in all sims games. CC makers have to make all their content patch compatiable - not the other way around, it's why they update after a patch on affected content they made.. It is why I never use mods or CC in a developing game as every patch can do that to a degree. In a live service with monthly patches that can happen to cc and mods with every monthly patch - you can be sure an ep or gp patch will break it - but even ordinary monthly patches can break some content. Especially in an ep where every item from clothes to plants to furniture has had recoding - it is reasonable to expect breakage if your cc uses code before it was changed. The game will no longer recognize that content because it was - re-coded.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You can fix it yourself by making their jogging clothing suitable for cold weather. They will not fix that seeing they gave us a way to make all our sims clothes for cold or warm wear.

no they didn't
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm really enjoying it so far, however, the little bugs that they know about are a tad bit annoying. This is a newer save (Maybe a few weeks old) with no CC and no mods from a fresh install. I'm just hoping they fix them up quick enough.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    Bugs are the main reason. Buttt I realised that I should’ve rated Seasons as an 8 because that weird arm stretchy bug when sims are supposed to be kissing is just hilarious. :D
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    9 rather than 10 because the water balloon/mud/snowball fights seem underwhelming.