Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRIDGEPORT'88 - I'm making a hell of a Let's Play

GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
And no, I'm not sorry for being so bold :D

This is not just an ordinary Let's Play, though. If it were one, it'd be a good one. But it isn't. Heavily inspired by TV shows and movies from the 1980s, and set in 1988 Bridgeport, it's heavily edited and highly thought out, but still genuine and spontaneous. Little of it is scripted, so you're watching someone who is GENUINELY angry at his Sims' gross incompetence.

And you can watch the first, experimental, sneaky little test episode here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOFAHpm_ZM

I've put a lot of time into this and while it's FAR from perfect (it's a first episode AND a first attempt at doing anything like this) I'm VERY happy with how it's come out for now and I'll be making sure that next episode is a step above and beyond this one. I mean it'll need to be because I have a whole list of things I'll need to improve before I can ACTUALLY say I've already MADE "a hell" of a Let's play.
Now what I would REALLY like from you guys here is the following: Feedback. Input. Suggestions. Maybe a little bit of validation. Maybe a lot. Maybe some attention too. Or maybe a lot of that, too. Let me know.
Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
(oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
Post edited by GrijzePilion on

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    A pretty tubular intro you had going on there! ;):p

You captured the 80's style very well and your comments were pretty darn humorous. :lol: I like your sense of humor. :)

It sounds like you had lots of fun playing this so if you love it, keep it up!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Nice video. Loved the '80s vibe! My only suggestion is to refer to your sims less as 'you' and instead use their actual names more often. Helps to clarify (to me at least) who you are talking about. I subscribed and will catch future episodes.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have a substantial wishlist for next episode and I think it'll be better in every way. This was just a little experiment, after all.

I'll keep the name thing in mind, @TreyNutz, as I can see why it could be somewhat confusing.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2018
    Made another thread elsewhere after this one got a bit lost, but that's sorted out now. So I'm using this one from now on.
    To recap the other thread:

....episode #1 of Bridgeport'88. The aptly but uncreatively titled, Capitalism & Aerobics. You can watch it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuxCCnrCgk

And the lovely feedback you guys gave:
    coco wrote: »
    [...]The editing and visuals were fantastic. In fact, I love all the detail you put into the lots and sims to really fit that decade. [...] Good job :grin:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    You're fantastic at editing, sir! Amazing job. [...] It's such a creative idea and I loved this first episode!
    I like her classy business girl look with the short blonde hair. [...] your subway ride scene was very creative and realistic