Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding Bad cc?

TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
Is their any program that will help me get catch bad cc? I don't want to remove some cc at a time as I have over +25 gb of cc. I have the ultimate collection
Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Nope no program can help you there. Nothing to do but the old fashioned way. Do the 50/50 method. Take half out and launch the game to see if your issue persists. If it does, take out 50% of the stuff you left in there and try again. Just keep splitting in half and trying each half till you find the culprit. If the half you try seems ok, take it out and put in the other half you left out to test.

Stinks I know, but it is the only way. Note: If you have any defaults, or corruption stopping mods, or CC that adds a NPC make sure to ALWAYS keep those in your downloads.
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Nope no program can help you there. Nothing to do but the old fashioned way. Do the 50/50 method. Take half out and launch the game to see if your issue persists. If it does, take out 50% of the stuff you left in there and try again. Just keep splitting in half and trying each half till you find the culprit. If the half you try seems ok, take it out and put in the other half you left out to test.

Stinks I know, but it is the only way. Note: If you have any defaults, or corruption stopping mods, or CC that adds a NPC make sure to ALWAYS keep those in your downloads.

Thank you for the help! I guess i'm gonna do the old fashioned way then.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TiaDog wrote: »
    Is their any program that will help me get catch bad cc? I don't want to remove some cc at a time as I have over +25 gb of cc. I have the ultimate collection

I feel for you, I recently had to do this because an object called 'grasses' (a lump of grass) was crashing a lot everyday at 9:06 though it wasn't even on the lot anymore. And had never caused any problem before, but I assume since I had removed from the lot but it was still in downloads that was the problem, but putting it back on the lot would also cause the crash. I had about 10GB still in Downloads at the time, but no other choice but to start removing. What I did was disable cc first, then look around a lot to see what was the problem, not save or I would have to rebuy it all to replace, and quit to start removing stuff and testing about twenty at a time.

Some conversions from TS3 (such as male hair) was also causing some crashes a few months ago. I liked the hair but had to remove it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have so much plummy cc that my game crashes at start, make SimPE did not recognize them when I scan for the GUID and they are sims 2 cc from very known creators.
    The old fashion way doesn't always work because I noticed some cc works fine and after they crash.
    I am tired because I stopped to create houses because of this problems and that's why I never play the sims 2. I always have to catch bad cc. :'(
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I have so much plummy cc that my game crashes at start, make SimPE did not recognize them when I scan for the GUID and they are sims 2 cc from very known creators.
    The old fashion way doesn't always work because I noticed some cc works fine and after they crash.
    I am tired because I stopped to create houses because of this problems and that's why I never play the sims 2. I always have to catch bad cc. :'(

The CC we see more often today that causes me problems are usually extractions from other games, and conversions. Usually the old stuff I had for years still never gives me a problem. It's when I get on a binge (which is often, lol) and download a lot of converstions or things extracted from other games such as Fall Out, Silent Hill etc. (Those are good for grunge).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

The old fashioned method will always catch the problem if you give enough play time for the issue to come up.

Then there's also the "only a problem if you have this other item as well because of X reason".

Even good creators can have bad CC be released either through it being an earlier item and them just not catching it in their play testing out of innocent ignorance or like in the case of the Sims 3 girl doll dressed, uploading the wrong version.

Given your issues, I would honestly just cull all of your CC and start over. You can cull by just putting the downloads on your desktop if you're really afraid of losing something that you can't get back. Then download or pull from your "culled" CC in small batches. Put any new CC into a quarantine folder. Play for a decent amount of time before moving files from the quarantine folder to their appropriate folders in your downloads. If you absolutely must download new CC before you've moved CC items in the quarantine folder out, make a new quarantine folder. Quarantine folder will let you find the most likely candidates for what's causing a problem if you start having issues.
    edited June 2018
    @Cinebar and @Seera1024

I give you my news because my problems with CC were too much serious to do something with. :'(

I had plenty of cc that SimPE could not read to search for conflicting GUID, "the program told me there are files that could not be recognized " most of them were Master Meshes but as well Windows and as well Plants for gardens. Indeed all the meshes that block and make crashed the launch were put aside.
    I did the famous old method 50/50 etc method that worked . My game launches with the rest of my buy/deco folder.

However when I selected a house in Desirata Valley to see if everything works...boom a crash.

And it was totally crazy because if I got the veranka vanadium counter that was totally broken in my game, it works perfectly with a new copy of it.

I was so tired of this situation I decided to delete completely both the build and the buy folders. Circa 12GB of datas , years of hunting were deleted. Now I am so lost to catch everything back, some cc sites are closed, I have to be back at Simcave I left the forum years ago well hmm I don't really know what kind of CC I want. :/ I just have a couple of my favourite creators almost all are converters.

I really need help to catch up stuffs but nobody is here for a sims 3 fan. People never understood multi sims players as I am.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'm on a download freeze for Sims 2 as I've got to deal with the stuff in my downloads folder that I don't want anymore. I'm too chicken to do a complete deletion of the folder, though. Someone else is probably better for finding cc unless it's obvious places like MTS.
    @Cinebar and @Seera1024

I give you my news because my problems with CC were too much serious to do something with. :'(

I had plenty of cc that SimPE could not read to search for conflicting GUID, "the program told me there are files that could not be recognized " most of them were Master Meshes but as well Windows and as well Plants for gardens. Indeed all the meshes that block and make crashed the launch were put aside.
    I did the famous old method 50/50 etc method that worked . My game launches with the rest of my buy/deco folder.

However when I selected a house in Desirata Valley to see if everything works...boom a crash.

And it was totally crazy because if I got the veranka vanadium counter that was totally broken in my game, it works perfectly with a new copy of it.

I was so tired of this situation I decided to delete completely both the build and the buy folders. Circa 12GB of datas , years of hunting were deleted. Now I am so lost to catch everything back, some cc sites are closed, I have to be back at Simcave I left the forum years ago well hmm I don't really know what kind of CC I want. :/ I just have a couple of my favourite creators almost all are converters.

I really need help to catch up stuffs but nobody is here for a sims 3 fan. People never understood multi sims players as I am.

Sorry to hear that. I have a zillion folders of Downloads for testing and that has been tested etc. for TS2. No way I will ever finally get rid of it all. I have folders divided into folders divided into folders...by this time next year I won't remember what was still good and what was bad though I do pull a lot of bad meshes. My problem is somehow I miss some recolors every time. No matter if it was an object or clothes/hair etc.

Yeah, it's sad when modders retire from TS2 or TS3....that way back machine site isn't always reliable.
    I finally got a list thanks old friend on an other forum that created a very interesting list however some sites are gone and the waybackmachine indeed is not completely working.