March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pools need some love

Pools are a bit abandoned and very boring overall at this stage.
There's not much to do in them and not enough decor either. I was building a swimming pool lot and wanted to have different areas and such and realised how little we have in BB for pools. Also, the sims themselves don't have much to do, specially children. Not many interactions, no games to play, no slides...
It would be great if more packs would pay them some attention.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Funny, I was thinking that myself just a couple of days ago. Pools are so desperately dull as they are. We need slides, waterfalls/fountains to play in, lilos to relax on, swimming-rings for toddlers (yes, toddlers) to swim in. And how about water polo? Synchronised swimming for clubs?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Funny, I was thinking that myself just a couple of days ago. Pools are so desperately dull as they are. We need slides, waterfalls/fountains to play in, lilos to relax on, swimming-rings for toddlers (yes, toddlers) to swim in. And how about water polo? Synchronised swimming for clubs?

I know right? I have been thinking about it for sometime as well but didn't think about opening up a thread until I started building this community swimming pool in my game.

Yes to everything you suggest! I would love for toddlers to have swimming pool interactions and also have small toddler pools. And fountains to play in would be amazing!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Also it would be nice if the different water options made a difference to how your sims felt. For example, the sparkly water should add to their energy bar and give them an energised moodlet; the dirty brown water should reduce hygiene; the magenta water - well, I don't know because I never use it, but maybe flirty? And adding steam and bubbles should make some sort of difference too.
  • CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    I'm going to agree on this, def on the lounge chairs, please can we have these already? My pools need them desperately. And making a kiddie pool would be so much fun!
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Now that we have toddlers, wading pools are a must have.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I feel like Backyard Stuff Pack was kind of missed oppurtunity for something more pool related. We didn't even get new swim suits. I really like that pack anyway, but pool stuff would fit the theme. Let's hope there's more things ahead.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I feel that pools may get their own stuff pack with slides, floats, more swimwear, but hope it comes in a seasons expansion. More pool stuff could be some of the activities implemented for summer.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited April 2018
    My sims have started swimming autonomously more, but they still mostly just dangle their feet in the pool while eating or doing homework. I would love to see some slides, floaties & other activities.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • VriyayaVriyaya Posts: 32 Member
    agree. pools are way too boring as it is now.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    There's not much to do in them and not enough decor either. I was building a swimming pool lot and wanted to have different areas and such and realised how little we have in BB for pools. Also, the sims themselves don't have much to do, specially children. Not many interactions, no games to play, no slides...

I've mentioned to Graham on Twitter I'd love to see a Pool Stuffpack by Summer. I mentioned pool waterfalls,hold breath contest,pool slides,floaties and pool bars. Lounge chairs might come with Seasons or a Tropical Beach GP.

I've mentioned to Graham on Twitter I'd love to see a Pool Stuffpack by Summer. I mentioned pool waterfalls,hold breath contest,pool slides,floaties and pool bars. Lounge chairs might come with Seasons or a Tropical Beach GP.

Great! Hopefully they take the suggestion on board :)
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Couldn't agree more. Pools are so boring. Get Together had some nice additions but after that it stopped. And for Christ sakes, we really need lounge chairs. I don't want to hear anymore c**p excuses about them being absent. Unacceptable.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    pools are really boring. We need slides, pool games, different types of swimming, snorkles/scuba, tanning, lounge-chairs....

we also need ocean/river/lake swimming and sandcastle making.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I hate the fact that we can't have round pools... .__.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Before, I was sure Seasons was going to be the pack to bring us new pool interactions. It just made sense. Now I'm sooo disappointed. I agree the absence of lounge chairs is just unacceptable. All we can do is hope pools will get a major overhaul in a summer vacation EP/GP (assuming it'll ever come - because as usual, we still don't know what's in the works!)

Dunno, but having actual summer in the game and not being able to have your sims do anything else but splash each other in the pool is just sad. We don't even have as much as a floatie for the kids. I really do hope it'd not because we'll soon get a stuff pack titled "Seasons stuff" :/
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Pool party event is just a snooze. Lack of pool items and pool gameplay is a shame. And yes lack of loungers in seasons was a right downer. I would of rather had more pool décor in this EP then the Spooky recolours. Getting spooky day stuff pack recolours was not a way to go in this EP. It was a major disappointment. The team didn't need to add recolours of a SP. The whole point is if people wanted to expand the game they could of bought a SP for that content.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Seasons seems like a missed opportunity for pool activities. We don't even have loungers, we had those in The Sims! And pool slides, pool games. Unless EA/Maxis is saving it for maybe an Outdoor Stuff pack or something like that.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    So I noticed in Seasons when it rains, there's zero effect on pool water. :|
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    So, no surprise stuff for summer in Seasons?

I know they have water balloon/mud fights and kiddie pools, and I forgot sprinklers and swings were new to The Sims 4 but when I think summer there's just so much more one can do with it, from the clothes to the activities.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I remember playing The Sims Freeplay a long time ago, and I remember it had floaties, it had a volleyball pool net, it had slides, and LOUNGE CHAIRS, and to think that was from a mobile game using what I assume is a more arbitrary game engine. And here comes Seasons with summer! It would've been the perfect time to implement and make these features in the Sims 4. But nope.

It would absolutely hysterical if a stuff pack had these in a Summer/Pool Stuff Pack, when they should've came with seasons, plus if they did this, it would cause another My First Pets Stuff/ Pets controversy. Maybe a free patch? I appreciate all SimGurus and developers, but at this point, there is no excuse, the last one I heard or saw was it had something to do with animations with why no lounge chairs if I remember correctly.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I said it 4 years ago, I'll say it again, Water Volley Ball
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Seasons seems like a missed opportunity for pool activities. We don't even have loungers, we had those in The Sims! And pool slides, pool games. Unless EA/Maxis is saving it for maybe an Outdoor Stuff pack or something like that.

We already have two stuff packs with an outdoor theme :(
    agustd wrote: »

We already have two stuff packs with an outdoor theme :(

Yes, and none of them paid any attention to pools :(
    So far (as far as I can remember) the only two packs that have added anything to pools are Get Together and Jungle Adventure.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was disappointed to find Seasons didn't add anything for pools. I thought there would be pool parties like in TS3. And at the very least floating mattresses/floaties or lounge chairs.
    But pools weren't even in the base game at first, they added them in a patch, right ? I find that very weird. Or maybe they intended to add them in another pack with more content, but people were not happy so they decided to add them for free (as they should have been though)....