Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raincoats -- am I missing something?

Seasons was released while I was out of town, so I'm only just now getting to play with it, but there's one thing I can't seem to figure out. Maybe I have a mod installed that is giving me issues, but how exactly does one handle rainwear? My sim that's been outside hasn't put on a raincoat automatically (and as a result is complaining about being wet) -- do I need to manually put one on every single time a sim goes outside when it's raining?! And where does one set the outfit(s) to be worn as rainwear? Right now I have them under Hot Weather, but they aren't available by default, and you need to remove the Hot Weather filter in order to find the raincoats. But I see no Outdoor/Rainwear category. And with them as HW, when I click on my sim to switch outfits.... they don't change their outfit to the raincoats!

Seriously, am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    There is no rainwear category so your sims won't automatically switch to their rainwear when it's raining. They have umbrellas though and should automatically take one out provided you've had them select an umbrella. They will automatically change into their hot/cold clothes because there are hot and cold categories.

Their raincoats and such will not keep them dry. Only the umbrellas do that.

At least, that's how I understand it.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    From my understanding the raincoats are mainly just for visuals. I have a rain outfit set both in my hot outfit category and my cold, I manually switch into those outfits when I want my sims to play in the rain, they still get wet but at least it looks like they're wearing some form of rain protection.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Kinda made me sad there wasn't a raincoat category too. :( Even if it came in a usable item, like the umbrella stand, where we had an interactable coat and shoe rack.. that actually would've been kinda awesome.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
    Well that's dumb! The announcement trailer (only one I've seen -- again, was out of town) certainly implied raincoats would actually be useful, as only one of the scenes in the rain had someone carrying an umbrella -- the rest were just wearing raincoats! Maybe they'll patch it in soon, with a little luck.

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've used raincoats as "Cold" outfits for Sims who live in warmer climates. I figure they just don't own full-on cold-winter gear and make do :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sexyesexye Posts: 26 Member
    I put my raincoat in everyday wear and it kept my Sims dry.
  • Options
    GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    I agree there should have been a rainy weather category. I love the raincoats and boots. They should have included raincoats for dogs too.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    On one hand, yet another category to stress about in CAS sounds sort of awful (for a player like me who hates CAS).

On the other, it is annoying when my sims are wearing the wrong outfits autonomously. I don't like it in everyday, because they'll choose to wear raincoats occasionally when it is bright and sunny out. I don't like it in the cold category, either, because sometimes in summer it is raining but still warm out.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Ok am I missing something? Y'all are talking about the raincoats, but no one's saying where they are. I looked all through the clothes and can't find them anywhere. Are they listed under something I'm just not looking at? So far I've looked at jackets, tops, and sweaters.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ok am I missing something? Y'all are talking about the raincoats, but no one's saying where they are. I looked all through the clothes and can't find them anywhere. Are they listed under something I'm just not looking at? So far I've looked at jackets, tops, and sweaters.

They are in the Full-Body outfits/Suits category.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you <3<3<3<3
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yeah it's visual only. The outfits are mapped to the temperatures ie. Cold, hot, etc.
  • Options
    TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    Yea, it'd be cool if there was a feature like, say, ponchos or just a general looking raincoat in varied color options similar to how you select an umbrella and could be applied automatically for outdoor activities, could layer over or replace the current outfit visuals and sims could just automatically switch back once inside. Would be particularly useful for kids as I have a lot of kids in my household who like to play outside automatically regardless of the weather and most outside play activities don't use the umbrella (the umbrella gets really annoying when its just a bunch of kids playing around on monkeybars and such and umbrellas constantly opening and closing and opening and closing...).
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I do wish the raincoats were for more than just visuals. I end up using a lot of the child and toddler raincoats as winter coats more often than actually for the rain. I mean, I like that they can function as either, but it would be nice for rainwear to actually have a purpose.