March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to change the season a second time?

I am working on a game save where I have fixed everyone's hot and cold weather choices. This game save won't be used for playing but rather to start up any new game saves, this way I won't have to keep doing the same thing over and over again. When I started up this game save, it asked me what season I wanted to start out with, so I picked Spring. But is there a way I can pick a different season after picking out it the first time?

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    SimsVIP says:
    ❗ You will only be required to select a season once per game save. Seasons rotate with the following schedule: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
    You’re not able to alter the starting season once you’ve selected it. The only way to change the weather or the current season is to use the Weather Control Device in buy mode. High level Handiness Skill and upgrades are required.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    SimsVIP says:
    ❗ You will only be required to select a season once per game save. Seasons rotate with the following schedule: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
    You’re not able to alter the starting season once you’ve selected it. The only way to change the weather or the current season is to use the Weather Control Device in buy mode. High level Handiness Skill and upgrades are required.

:(
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal: ahh, but that last bit sounds hopeful: using the Weather Control Device to change the season? ???

Here's wishing you good fortune with it! :+1:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I am working on a game save where I have fixed everyone's hot and cold weather choices. This game save won't be used for playing but rather to start up any new game saves, this way I won't have to keep doing the same thing over and over again. When I started up this game save, it asked me what season I wanted to start out with, so I picked Spring. But is there a way I can pick a different season after picking out it the first time?

They said during the live play you'd need to start a new save to change the weather once you set it. I did not know the weather machine could change that setting - I thought that was only a temp fix as the live play showed a guy that needed a sunny spring day with his girlfriend, so he used the machine to make the rain stop and the weather become sunny - so as far as I knew that was all it did.

I generally never touched any of the weather machines we had in previous games (because of an issue someone had with Sims 2 machine) - so had no plans to touch this one either. I was always fearful they'd mess up weather.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    You can do so with a cheat, otherwise no. http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/24/the-sims-4-seasons-cheats/
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    You can do so with a cheat, otherwise no. http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/24/the-sims-4-seasons-cheats/

Thank you very much for these. :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @BlkBarbiegal: ahh, but that last bit sounds hopeful: using the Weather Control Device to change the season? ???

Here's wishing you good fortune with it! :+1:

Thank you :)

@fadingaudio I appreciate the cheats posted!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

They said during the live play you'd need to start a new save to change the weather once you set it. I did not know the weather machine could change that setting - I thought that was only a temp fix as the live play showed a guy that needed a sunny spring day with his girlfriend, so he used the machine to make the rain stop and the weather become sunny - so as far as I knew that was all it did.

I generally never touched any of the weather machines we had in previous games (because of an issue someone had with Sims 2 machine) - so had no plans to touch this one either. I was always fearful they'd mess up weather.

The weather machine can be upgraded using the handiness skill to allow you both change the season (which I do quite frequently since I find 7 sim days too long) and it also allows you to change the general weather for the season. Like for summer you can change the entire forecast to make it supper rainy and stormy and change it from hot to cold all summer long.