Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons changed ages/birthdays?

Installed seasons into my existing game. Family I've been playing for year+ has twins who are toddlers. They were previously both the same age. After installing seasons and viewing the calendar I see the birthdays have been added to calendar with the twins on separate weeks entirely. I'm upset they are no longer seen as 'twins', even though I can just manually age up the other twin at same time I'm not sure why the age would randomly change upon install. Is this a bug or just a result of randomly inserting birthdays changing the ages?
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Installed seasons into my existing game. Family I've been playing for year+ has twins who are toddlers. They were previously both the same age. After installing seasons and viewing the calendar I see the birthdays have been added to calendar with the twins on separate weeks entirely. I'm upset they are no longer seen as 'twins', even though I can just manually age up the other twin at same time I'm not sure why the age would randomly change upon install. Is this a bug or just a result of randomly inserting birthdays changing the ages?

I think there must be some sort of bug. I noticed I’m playing on long age setting and my child who should have 52 days until age up showed having 51 more days even after I played for 2 sim weeks.

• vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I'm also playing on long.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I am also playing on long in my testing game and both of my Sims' birthdays are fortunatly in winter (I started on spring and am still on first year btw) but I do NOT want them to age up yet. Their YA span should be well over 80 days but counting the days leading up the birthdays... It will start their aging WAY too early! Hopefully it will be fixed.
  • aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member

I have a set of twin children that after Seasons now have their birthdays showing as 2 days apart on the calendar which kind of irks me too.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
    So glad I'm not only one seeing this issue, but so frustrating that it's happening.
    ltx83WK.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Let's tag @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruGeorge so they can see this on Monday morning
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I also realized that it is going faster...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes all of my sets of twins now have different birthdays to each other :'(
  • jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    My twins still have their birthday togetherbut i can't set an event for the day i want. It keeps changing it :(
  • jmbhkc121284jmbhkc121284 Posts: 54 Member
    my twins have different birthdays as a day apart. which is not uncommon if they are night babies and born between 11 pm and after midnight. heh. but i went to blow out the candles for the older one and now the game is on a age up freeze. cant save. gonna have to start off from my last save ugh.
    ~Holz

"I'm a Psychic, not a Saint."
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I've created my own thread on this, but I'll share that I created my entire family of five in CAS. I made the three boys child age, and their two little sisters (NOT twins) as toddlers. The girls have different birth dates, which suits my purpose just fine. However, all three boys are set to age up, by the calendar, on the very same day. I want to space them into their birth order — something I wish we could do in CAS, which would be very helpful, but I imagine too complicated. If, as time goes on and the seasons go by, they still share the same birth date, will I be able to manually age them up?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    I've created my own thread on this, but I'll share that I created my entire family of five in CAS. I made the three boys child age, and their two little sisters (NOT twins) as toddlers. The girls have different birth dates, which suits my purpose just fine. However, all three boys are set to age up, by the calendar, on the very same day. I want to space them into their birth order — something I wish we could do in CAS, which would be very helpful, but I imagine too complicated. If, as time goes on and the seasons go by, they still share the same birth date, will I be able to manually age them up?

You can definitely do that, I grew a few sims up early because it fit the spacing I wanted for them and their siblings better.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    Think it’s a bug because my twins have the same birthday a day after winterfest
    Treebrooke wrote: »

You can definitely do that, I grew a few sims up early because it fit the spacing I wanted for them and their siblings better.

Thanks for weighing in on this. I have already had to restart this family, thrice most recently. The patch messed a few things up, and then once I found out I could get Seasons this past Saturday, I started them anew, and then was grossly unhappy choosing summer, first. Then I found out I could alter the amount of days a season lasts and started again. Phew. I would really be unhappy were I to have to restart yet again!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    It's definitely a bug, as I posted it on the bugs site and others confirmed they were able to duplicate the same issue as well with twins suddenly having different birthdays. I know it's possible for twins to share the same birthday, but somehow installing seasons changed their age up days to being a week apart. Hoping by manually aging them up it will put them on the same day and not keep reverting it.
    ltx83WK.png
    It's definitely a bug, as I posted it on the bugs site and others confirmed they were able to duplicate the same issue as well with twins suddenly having different birthdays. I know it's possible for twins to share the same birthday, but somehow installing seasons changed their age up days to being a week apart. Hoping by manually aging them up it will put them on the same day and not keep reverting it.

Bummer. Let's hope they can fix this one sooner rather than later.
  • ImSocietyRawrImSocietyRawr Posts: 1 New Member
    I Have sims and they are all bestfriends but I got seasons and I look to see when their birthdays are and one of them has their own and the rest of them (3 or them) have the day! I'm wondering if anyone knows a cheat to change that. :disappointed:
  • kjryboltkjrybolt Posts: 2 New Member
    Hoping they let us pick birthdays...maybe on the next patch!!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am also playing on long...starting to wonder if that is the issue. When I installed Seasons, I noticed the ages of many of my sims changed not just the twins. I thought I was the only one.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't have Seasons installed, but I can confirm that the ages are now randomized since the last patch. I was following this tutorial on modding XML files where you change the duration of a life stage, and when I looked at the life stage data, it was slightly different from what the tutorial showed. All life stages except baby are now randomized within specified ranges.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I don't have Seasons installed, but I can confirm that the ages are now randomized since the last patch. I was following this tutorial on modding XML files where you change the duration of a life stage, and when I looked at the life stage data, it was slightly different from what the tutorial showed. All life stages except baby are now randomized within specified ranges.

Indeed, that's curious. I tend to age my Sims up when I want to. I also play on Long.
  • Poohmom437Poohmom437 Posts: 68 Member
    My twins and one set of triplets are no longer sharing birthdays either.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wonder if you go ahead and age up the Sims on the same day if that’ll reset the birthdays to be on the same date the following year?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

are you playing on long?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

are you playing on long?

Just normal. I'm assuming the age ranges shown in the game files are for the normal lifespan.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?