Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why is there no rain effect?

as in ripples on the pools from dropping rain and rain drops on the ground?

i've had heavy rain and light rain in game and also haven't seen it on a few videos of other peoples games on youtube

this was something the sims 3 seasons had why isn't it in this game? unless it is and my game is just bugged

also would have been nice if rain dripped off the roofs and balconys and even pooled up on windows

Comments

• DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Your game isn't bugged, the expansion pack is just a disappointment
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member

some people might think this is a minor complaint but this something that's really annoying me especailly since it was in the previous game

shows a complete lack of detail and attention from the devs to not add something like that
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Might be related to the issues they ran into with snow depth? Hard to say without knowing the inner-workings of the game firsthand.
    6riwm5.png
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »

i've had heavy rain and light rain in game and also haven't seen it on a few videos of other peoples games on youtube

this was something the sims 3 seasons had why isn't it in this game? unless it is and my game is just bugged

also would have been nice if rain dripped off the roofs and balconys and even pooled up on windows

My pools and other watery areas definitely do show ripples during rain. I play on Ultra settings.
    Lishacake wrote: »

My pools and other watery areas definitely do show ripples during rain. I play on Ultra settings.

my game is on ultra not a single ripple on pool surfaces or drops on the ground
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am seeing rain effects in my game. Try updating your graphics card, deleting your thumbnail cache, repairing your game then restarting your computer before loading your game again. Also, check all your in-game graphics settings. Some Simmers have stated their graphics settings were reset when Seasons was installed.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    whats your graphics card??
    edited June 2018
    whats your graphics card??

gtx 1080 with latest drivers

rst of pc is 16gb ram and a i7 6800k
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2018

Lol no.

There are rain effects, YouTubers have show them off. The only water that doesn’t is the kiddie pool which seems to be a bug.
    So yes, it is a bug in the OPs game.

It may be dissapointing to you, but everyone is going nuts for it.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I don’t think there are any rain drops on pools/puddles/ground. There is on natural water (lakes, ponds).

There are effects though. There is water kicked up from shoes while walking, from tires as cars drive by, drops of water when your sim gets wet, plus the rain drops on lakes and such.

Could there be more? Of course! More is always better. Honestly though, it doesn’t break the immersion for me one bit. I’m having more fun with seasons than I have playing the sims in a long time. I hope you’re enjoying playing (despite the topic of this thread) as well! :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don’t think there are any rain drops on pools/puddles/ground.

I'm certain I've seen them on the neighbor's pool in my game.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don’t think there are any rain drops on pools/puddles/ground.

I'm certain I've seen them on the neighbor's pool in my game.

I may be wrong, then! Or perhaps something is bugged I’m on ultra settings as well and I don’t think I noticed any rain on the pools. Might have not been raining hard enough. Further research required! :smile:

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have it in my game on Ultra - so it's not the game.

there's a picture on this page another simmer (xkay_luvx) posted of a rainstorm about half way down this page:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942367/so-how-do-you-feel-about-seasons-so-far/p6

Granted I have not had a full on thunder and lightening storm yet like this one - but the rains I have seen so far do make effects on the water - even with lighter rain than in the picture. I saw it in the fishing spot my sim was fishing in with 3 others in the rain.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    You definitely see the rain drop effects on pools and I have my highest settings on. On the ground, no but pools most definitely have the effect.
    5vJrxmT.png
    after screwing around doing repairs of the game etc i am getting ripples in the pool they are not that noticeable but they are there

no effects on anything else though which is a disappointment was hoping they put some more detail into this
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Lol no.

There are rain effects, YouTubers have show them off. The only water that doesn’t is the kiddie pool which seems to be a bug.

I can garuntee you I'm not the only one disappointed in it ;) and not "everyone is going nuts for it" like you claim, that's great if there's people who love it but if I'm disappointed, you bet I'm going to voice that because I want my favourite game to go forwards not backwards.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Lol no.

I can garuntee you I'm not the only one disappointed in it ;) and not "everyone is going nuts for it" like you claim, that's great if there's people who love it but if I'm disappointed, you bet I'm going to voice that because I want my favourite game to go forwards not backwards.

Same.

I noticed that straight away. No rain dripping of the roofs, no rain dripping of the umbrella's, no rain drops in the puddles on the streets, puddles disappear as soon as the rain stops (but the annoying mud puddles stay)..

It's again, a missed opportunity and it shows that the devs completely miss the little details time after time.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    after screwing around doing repairs of the game etc i am getting ripples in the pool they are not that noticeable but they are there

no effects on anything else though which is a disappointment was hoping they put some more detail into this

Rain/snow is also kicked up by passing cars.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The main thing I'd like to see is rain drops on the mud puddles. Also the mud puddle texture seems slightly out of place.

The flat snow actually doesn't bother me at all. They did really well with the footprints - the footprints persist a long time, rather than some games where footprints disappear after a few seconds. Also the crunch sound of walking on snow is quite satisfying.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I have noticeable effects in my pools. Not in the spas or kiddie pools though which I hope gets patched if nothing else.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I noticed that sims feet splash on the ground if they are walking on outdoor floor tiles in the rain too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have rain effects in that I can see it hitting the water but not puddles. However it doesn’t bounce off the ground the way it did in the previous 2 games. You get water spray from sims feet and cars but it doesn’t drip off the roof either. While it’s not the worst thing it does seem like an oversight.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i have puddles and rain maybe its peoples graphics cards/chips??
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Folks, just a reminder to please be respectful to one and other on the forums. I've gone ahead and removed some comments that were derailing the conversation. Please keep it on-topic.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    There are rain effect on the pools and the rivers etc. But not on puddles and the ground, except when the sims are walking, then we get rain effect. They could have used the effect for when sims are walking for the rain effect on the ground, and the effect that's on the pool for the puddles. It's really annoying once you've noticed it, you can't unsee it. @SimGuruGeorge
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---