Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2018
    A weird glitch from Seasons - I play with CC and a friend of mine does not, but we both have wild mushroom patches multiplying themselves in all worlds. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    When you're in winter and go the build mode, the snow stays on the ground (unlike Sims 2) so building is harder.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    I have bumped into one issue. The neighbors won't take off their holiday decorations, even if the corresponding holiday was over few days ago. They won't be removed even if I visit them, and only seems to happen in the neighborhood where my household lives in.

Another issue that I saw is that in the calendar, when the game generates the summer days for the next year, the holidays that I had for the summer doesn't appear in the calendar. I do not know if this will fix itself as I go further into the year, but I would just like to have some confirmation on whether this is normal.

I do not have CC or mods.

Helllo
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I think that the holidays are meant to be generated again, until you delete them.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    I have bumped into one issue. The neighbors won't take off their holiday decorations, even if the corresponding holiday was over few days ago. They won't be removed even if I visit them, and only seems to happen in the neighborhood where my household lives in.

Another issue that I saw is that in the calendar, when the game generates the summer days for the next year, the holidays that I had for the summer doesn't appear in the calendar. I do not know if this will fix itself as I go further into the year, but I would just like to have some confirmation on whether this is normal.

Helllo
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

I think that the holidays are meant to be generated again, until you delete them.

Regarding the holiday issue, repairing the game did not work.

But it did fix the neighborhood decoration issue.

Helllo

It is good that it helped the neighbourhood decoration issue.
    The holidays calendar issue seems to be a bug.
    Try seeing what occurs with the present season’s holidays when you finish the current season.
  • GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member

Helllo

Can you please hit the 'Me too' button on this post? Having the exact same issue! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-not-see-preexisting-Holidays-or-make-new-ones-in/td-p/6881555
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Ksimmer1217 wrote: »
    >
    > I downloaded sims 4 seasons and it is allowing me to create households and then place them on a lot but when I hit play an error message comes up stating that i might need to restart the game and I have and it has not worked.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

I did remove the mods folder out and it did work, I only use CC I don't have any game mods if I put some of my CC back in and start the game and weed out the broken CC if that will work?
    > @rosemow said:
    > Ksimmer1217 wrote: »
    >
    > I downloaded sims 4 seasons and it is allowing me to create households and then place them on a lot but when I hit play an error message comes up stating that i might need to restart the game and I have and it has not worked.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

I did remove the mods folder out and it did work, I only use CC I don't have any game mods if I put some of my CC back in and start the game and weed out the broken CC if that will work?

Yes, that way will work. Put your CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue
  • KarstenmausKarstenmaus Posts: 32 Member
    Hello everybody,

Today I noticed how many bugs are in game has since (the last update) and the latest expansion pack "4 seasons".

Family tree:

The family chronology of mostly the mothers, is not displayed from the perspective of children or other descendants or disappears completely.

Family relationships are no longer displayed in the social menu.

Time settings:

The game often hangs or time runs very slowly at the fastest speed.

In general, the time is often "spooled back" and jumps for exp. : 13:45 - 12:20 - 13:40 - 11:59 in between the time runs "fast" 1-2 Sim hours and then it jumps back again. Needs continue to decline, which makes it worse, because when Sims are at work it almost completely starved or completely tired if they were at work for about 12 hours rather than 8 hours (as time bounces back and forth )

Needs:

Needs sink more and can sometimes be difficult to rebuild (or it takes a relatively long time to fill the "fun" needs completely)

objects:

If the toilet is dirty, and my Sim cleans it, He cleans it "endlessly", so I have to cancel the action and it's just still dirty.

The single beds (not all) but most of them sometimes cause problems with the Sims, so the Bed (Sleeping) item remains in the To-Do Bar, and new actions are aborted or not even started.

So that's all from me, hope that the bugs, and other which I have not discovered yet, will be deleted soon.
    Hello everybody,

Today I noticed how many bugs are in game has since (the last update) and the latest expansion pack "4 seasons".

Family tree:

The family chronology of mostly the mothers, is not displayed from the perspective of children or other descendants or disappears completely.

Family relationships are no longer displayed in the social menu.

Time settings:

The game often hangs or time runs very slowly at the fastest speed.

In general, the time is often "spooled back" and jumps for exp. : 13:45 - 12:20 - 13:40 - 11:59 in between the time runs "fast" 1-2 Sim hours and then it jumps back again. Needs continue to decline, which makes it worse, because when Sims are at work it almost completely starved or completely tired if they were at work for about 12 hours rather than 8 hours (as time bounces back and forth )

Needs:

Needs sink more and can sometimes be difficult to rebuild (or it takes a relatively long time to fill the "fun" needs completely)

objects:

If the toilet is dirty, and my Sim cleans it, He cleans it "endlessly", so I have to cancel the action and it's just still dirty.

The single beds (not all) but most of them sometimes cause problems with the Sims, so the Bed (Sleeping) item remains in the To-Do Bar, and new actions are aborted or not even started.

So that's all from me, hope that the bugs, and other which I have not discovered yet, will be deleted soon.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/m-p/6883703#M64601
  • SOHare1981SOHare1981 Posts: 4 New Member
    I've noticed this bug today for the first time. I was placing some rooms I built in a previous save, but when I place the room, it doesn't delete the objects in the old room like it used to. I just downloaded Seasons the other day, and the game is up-to-date with patches.

I thought it might be mods so I took all my old mods out, that didn't work.

I thought it might just be I have to many rooms so I removed all my saved rooms, and created rooms and just placed from the gallery that didn't work. I also tried saving the room from the gallery (fortunately I have most of my created rooms saved on the gallery) then tried changing the room and that didn't work.

I do note that I've been placing these rooms in apartment buildings, I never had this issue before seasons was downloaded. I don't know if that's a new bug or what. Placing lots seem to work okay, it's just placing rooms.
    SOHare1981 wrote: »
    I've noticed this bug today for the first time. I was placing some rooms I built in a previous save, but when I place the room, it doesn't delete the objects in the old room like it used to. I just downloaded Seasons the other day, and the game is up-to-date with patches.

I thought it might be mods so I took all my old mods out, that didn't work.

I thought it might just be I have to many rooms so I removed all my saved rooms, and created rooms and just placed from the gallery that didn't work. I also tried saving the room from the gallery (fortunately I have most of my created rooms saved on the gallery) then tried changing the room and that didn't work.

I do note that I've been placing these rooms in apartment buildings, I never had this issue before seasons was downloaded. I don't know if that's a new bug or what. Placing lots seem to work okay, it's just placing rooms.

Hello @SOHare1981
    I just tested this in my game and it is working correctly.

Try also testing in a new save game and see if the issue remains.
  • ZendawynnZendawynn Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but while trying to build if I move the lot it sinks all my items into the floor. I do have a foundation up, and it seems like they are sinking to the ground but I can't seem to bring them back up. I have repaired the game, I have no CC, I tried closing and bringing the game back up but it still happens.
    Zendawynn wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but while trying to build if I move the lot it sinks all my items into the floor. I do have a foundation up, and it seems like they are sinking to the ground but I can't seem to bring them back up. I have repaired the game, I have no CC, I tried closing and bringing the game back up but it still happens.

Hello @Zendawynn
    I am not having this issue. It may be good though to post about your issue on the Build Mode feedback thread and BryonyRae who runs that thread may be able to help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-patch-6-19-18#latest
  • BekfastBekfast Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having an issue with gardening/laundry, anything to do with those things and adding a flower or fertilizing, will not pop up. I get no menu to select what item I'd like to add to the laundry loads etc. I've had this issue even after removing mods folder & repairing game. deleted the localthumb & cleared caches as well. I skimmed over the forums and have only seen one post even remotely close to mine. Rip.
    Bekfast wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with gardening/laundry, anything to do with those things and adding a flower or fertilizing, will not pop up. I get no menu to select what item I'd like to add to the laundry loads etc. I've had this issue even after removing mods folder & repairing game. deleted the localthumb & cleared caches as well. I skimmed over the forums and have only seen one post even remotely close to mine. Rip.

Hello @Bekfast
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If you are getting empty menu text bubbles, try doing the solution in this link
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • MayliciousMaylicious Posts: 96 Member
    After the latest patch and installing Seasons, I am experiencing a ton of lag on community sites, like coffee shops, spas, restaurants, any of the festivals, etc. It doesn't seem to matter what "city" I'm in - San Myshuno, Windenburg, Newcrest, etc. I'm not sure if it's the number of Sims that are on the lot, perhaps? Maybe it's somehow increased after the patch or new expansion? I never had a problem previously, but my Sim is becoming a hermit because the game is unplayable on community lots.

For what it's worth, I'm playing on a Mac with OS High Sierra. No mods or CC. I started a brand new game after the patch and installation of Seasons with just one Sim in my household. I have gone through all of the standard Mac user things to try - repairing the game, dumping some of the cache files, adjusting graphics settings. Nothing has seemed to help.

For now, I'm blaming the new patch and/or Seasons, as I never experienced this before.
    Maylicious wrote: »
    After the latest patch and installing Seasons, I am experiencing a ton of lag on community sites, like coffee shops, spas, restaurants, any of the festivals, etc. It doesn't seem to matter what "city" I'm in - San Myshuno, Windenburg, Newcrest, etc. I'm not sure if it's the number of Sims that are on the lot, perhaps? Maybe it's somehow increased after the patch or new expansion? I never had a problem previously, but my Sim is becoming a hermit because the game is unplayable on community lots.

For what it's worth, I'm playing on a Mac with OS High Sierra. No mods or CC. I started a brand new game after the patch and installation of Seasons with just one Sim in my household. I have gone through all of the standard Mac user things to try - repairing the game, dumping some of the cache files, adjusting graphics settings. Nothing has seemed to help.

For now, I'm blaming the new patch and/or Seasons, as I never experienced this before.

Hello
    It may be best to post on a thread in the Mac section of the forums. Mac simmers will be able to help you there .
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    Ever since seasons, when my sims travel or leave the lot completely, all the garden plants instantly die and have to be thrown away and the laundry spawns piles everywhere on the lot.
  • CatLover924CatLover924 Posts: 11 New Member
    I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.
    Ever since seasons, when my sims travel or leave the lot completely, all the garden plants instantly die and have to be thrown away and the laundry spawns piles everywhere on the lot.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues,
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.

Hello @CatLover924
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Try testing the game after putting back each folder.
  • CogentCogent Posts: 1 New Member
    I was waiting for any patches to download seasons; but I'm experiencing the following since the patch -grafting doesn't work; sims get looped while doing things like repairs; the berries from the emotion tree aren't working, they are being registered by the game as plain fresh food.
    Cogent wrote: »
    I was waiting for any patches to download seasons; but I'm experiencing the following since the patch -grafting doesn't work; sims get looped while doing things like repairs; the berries from the emotion tree aren't working, they are being registered by the game as plain fresh food.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads about the issues.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/m-p/6882771#M64480
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JA-Mood-doesn-t-change-with-emotion-berries/m-p/6874857#M63698