Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller skate park? Where?

Any idea where to put a roller skate park?
I obviously have to sacrifice a lot or two. Probably Magnolia Promenade (I have never gone shopping with any of my Sims, ever). Also, with LilSimsie's save there are like 100 Cafés and 50 restaurants, so my other idea is to bulldoze the Old Salt house (which is a restaurant) although I really would prefer not to, I really like the design of the building.

Btw, is "park" the best designation for a (any type of) skate rink?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2018
    They spawn all over different worlds, and community lots where there are those little "free spaces," if that makes any sense. When I say "free space," I mean those little areas where you can explore beyond the lot you're on, without hitting a loading screen :)
    p6tqefj
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I have updated the Pupperstone Park in Brindletone Bay with one. It is on the gallery if you want it. Origin ID Kokoro80 :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Thanks to both of you.
    I tore down the Old Salt House to make a permanent one, as well, called Salt House Park (named after the derelict building they tore down, obviously). Thinking of uploading it, but it's nothing special in any way... Roller skate rink, toilet, Spring food stall and a small dog training corner.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I set up Skate, Battle, and Bowl in Newcrest. Ice rink on the first floor, roller skating on the second, and a couple of bowling lanes, and a pool in the basement. Also two buckets for water balloons outside, which is where "Battle" comes from. I gave it the Pool designation, which doesn't have much in the way of requirements.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I replaced the gym in San MyShuno with one, but no one ever shows up. I made it a national park. Maybe that has something to do with it. I think I'm going to forget it and be content with the skating rinks that spawn in random areas, though it can be a pain trying to find them.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    None have spawned for me in my testing game BUT then I haven't been everywhere with my Sims. If one doesn't spawn after spring season I will add one myself somewhere in this save. In my OLD save I already have a space on one of my lots for one so I will add it when I decide to play it again (waiting until most of the bugs are fixed for seasons, yes, eternal optimism :wink: ).
  • fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    What season would the roller skating rink show up in? I'm almost done with summer and I haven't found one yet.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I never use the wedding area in the San Myshuno park, so I replaced it with a skating rink.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    [quote="fungamer2;c-16563243"]What season would the roller skating rink show up in? I'm almost done with summer and I haven't found one yet.[/quote]

I think they only show up in spring, but not everywhere.
    Do they go away when the seasons end? If so, what about our own creations on our community lot? For instance if I plomp down a roller skate rink in say, Willow Creek Park community lot will it miraculously turn into an iceskating rink when winter comes?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I found a rink at Willow Creek park. I put one in Oasis Springs park. I moved the kids playground stuff up into the open area next to the pond and added a small toddler slide and swings. Then, deleted the flooring where the playground was and added a rustic rink. It fits well.
    I uploaded my small "Salt House Park". It seems it takes a while for the AI to figure out a new venue exists, because my family spent 8 hours straight there learning how to skate, and it wasn't until after about 4-5 hours other Sims started using the park.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I replaced the gym in San MyShuno with one, but no one ever shows up. I made it a national park. Maybe that has something to do with it. I think I'm going to forget it and be content with the skating rinks that spawn in random areas, though it can be a pain trying to find them.

Your suspisions are correct, the lot type 'National Park' does not attract any visitors. Perhaps just go with 'Park' and place required objects you do not want sims to use in the basement.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    I suspect Park or Gym are best I think.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If anyone knows where it might spawn - if at all - in BB, let me know xD

What about an Art Center? I have a community lot I use as a community center for Sims and I designated it as an Arts Center because that does enables most of the activities I have there (not the pool though) and I can even have a bar.
    Stina1701A wrote: »

What about an Art Center? I have a community lot I use as a community center for Sims and I designated it as an Arts Center because that does enables most of the activities I have there (not the pool though) and I can even have a bar.

It probably works fine, but I was just thinking since they give you Fitness Skill, they would work nicely as part of a large gym area (instead of basketball court perhaps?)
    Stina1701A wrote: »

It probably works fine, but I was just thinking since they give you Fitness Skill, they would work nicely as part of a large gym area (instead of basketball court perhaps?)

Yeah I do have a Gym I can revamp and add a rink. The one in Windenburg for instance. I always been meaning to either change it or delete it all together. Now there is a real reason for me to do so. But I'm going to see what happens when I finally play with my main savedgame and test the Arts Center first. But on other note.

I FOUND one! In Willow Creek commercial area behind the gym (where the gym is originally, btw incase some of you have moved or deleted it). In fact its just right outside at the back of it and I think (haven't tried it yet) that it is a rollerskate rink. Can't wait to try it :smiley: