Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hello @Rflong7 :) ,

sorry I am responding rather late .... thank you ever so much for going through all that trouble linking to my builds :D !!!
    I am very glad that I have the chance to contribute to your fabulous world and I very much hope that I've succeeded in keeping everything as close as possible to your original idea and the supernatural feel of the Island <3 x

Hi @MiaSkywalker,

thank you very much for downloading my builds for Rflong7's Supernatural Island :) ! I did try to include most of the locations of the various lots in the description of the uploads.
    I have attempted to label some of the lots in Map View to make the placement of builds for the 'Vampire District' maybe a little clearer. Hope that helps.

GlZmnC3.png
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @Rflong7 I just started wanting to make my own world. I'm definitely going to start with a small world. Do you have any tips for making the terrain interesting and not flat and boring?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It was my pleasure; you builds made the world look more Awesome @Hidehi Thanks for the lot placement map, too. :mrgreen:
    @equuest wrote: Β»
    @Rflong7 I just started wanting to make my own world. I'm definitely going to start with a small world. Do you have any tips for making the terrain interesting and not flat and boring?

I don't know... I like flat for building and playing- it gives us more room for both. :)

I guess I'd suggest not worrying too much about mountains on a small world.
    Remember Hills will be hidden behind trees so if you want to see hills, keep them open to the view.
    Use some rocks and trees to bring interest to flatter areas. We play mostly near the ground and won't see details unless it's close.
    Waterfalls- they can bring some drama to the views. They don't have to be too high, either. :)
    Maybe some cliffs at the beach edges. :)

Have fun and don't be afraid to experiment! :mrgreen:

Hello @Rflong7 , @SPARKY1922 , @MiaSkywalker and anybody else who may be interested :) ,

The community lot which I named 'The Puppet Master's Hangout' placed at 13 Miller's Court in the Vampire District is finally finished.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9221099

This is a lot that's very heavy on store content but gives sims plenty of entertainment and skill building opportunities. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't cause any lag if you use it in your game on Supernatural Island and I hope that you and your sims will like it <3 x

NU0jn66.jpg?1

MeIid6K.jpg?1

gMaUKOf.jpg?1

K6J16MY.jpg?1

7j8xbGX.jpg?1

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Hidehi

Yet another stunning lot I really love it what a wonderful place to visit with so many things to do and completely in keeping with the surrounding area download and rec as always :)

It seems ages since I have been able to play as my last recent PC upgrade sent my games spiralizing out of control again especially after a recent windows 10/Origin update so i bought another hard drive put windows 7 on it and used all my game discs on there instead so i can play without Origin or windows 10 and it works but the graphics look really bad so i am in the process of trying to resolve that with the help of another player and then i can start testing all over again but after spending weeks trying to get the windows 10 version working again and it failing in the end after a couple updates I have not had the heart to go back and try with the disc version as yet because i am so fed up of spending so much time fixing the game rather than being able to play but when it is done and I get my game mojo back on I will be back to posting pics and enjoying playing again hopefully :)

Just felt the need to explain that for some reason :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @Hidehi Such a beautifully complex lot. It looks stunning in the snow! To be honest, I haven't downloaded Supernatural Island or any of the lots yet, but I love lurking here to see the beautiful builds. I'm still exploring my EA content and haven't moved on to custom worlds yet. Although, SI may overtake Midnight Hollow, since I really HATE how dark MH is. I find it totally unplayable and would rather download a custom world, such as SI, than start messing with lighting mods.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Hidehi: That is magnificent! At first I thought it must be several lots near each other; I was amazed that it was all one! It has that London Tower Bridge look to it, which I've always loved. What is it categorized as, a hangout? It looks like a totally fun place for Sims to hang out and play in.

@Jude525: Hey there! (waves) Supernatural Island isn't, unfortunately, on the Exchange, because Rflong never felt it was quite finished. You can, however, download it from here. I think that with all of @Hidehi's lots, Rflong doesn't really need to worry about finishing it, other than whatever spawners and roads and such that she might feel that it needs. This way, in fact, with a little more work for the player, you can customize the world how you want it. :)

Btw, if you use a lighting mod, MH can be fabulous. I saw a lot for MH where the builder used a special lighting mod for just that world, and it looked awesome. Still gave that slightly mysterious air, without being so dark you can't see. My eyes aren't so good anymore, and I can't see when it's too dark, so I absolutely have to use one. You can find the lighting mod here; scroll down to Midnight Dream. You might try it, but you'll probably only want to use it when you play in MH.
    @Hidehi What a Perfect fitting and Fun lot! It's just so Cool, too. I've Rec'd it, saved it, and Favored it. Thanks so much for sharing your Creativity. :confused::mrgreen:
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I'm excited! I love everything by Rflong7 !!!
    edited June 2018
    Hi @SPARKY1922 ,

so glad to read that you like 'The Puppet Master's Hangout' :D !!!
    I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you will be able to get your game up and running soon. I've been lucky and haven't had any major issues except for the odd lag or two but I can imagine it must be very frustrating to battle with the problems you have and not being able to have fun actually playing. So here's hoping that your playing mojo can return soon and you will be able to delight us with many more pictures of happy simming on Supernatural Island! <3 x

Hello @Jude525 ,

thank you so much for your very kind comment :) !!!
    There is obviously enough to do in EA worlds to keep you occupied for ages but it really is a lot of fun to explore player created worlds ....and Supernatural Island ... (all of Rflong7's worlds come to that!!) ... is definitely worth checking out :D !!!!!
    I must admit I hardly ever play or build in any of the many EA worlds :p

Hi @MiaSkywalker ,

many thanks to you too for leaving such a lovely comment :) !!!
    I have indeed changed the lot designation to 'hangout' for this build ... it seemed the most appropriate one to choose ... but I'm sure if you rather reassign it as something else that should be fine as well. Hope very much your simmies and you will spend a most enjoyable time on Supernatural Island <3 x

My dearest @Rflong7 ,

phew ... I am sooo relieved that you like this build too :D !!! Your DRF is also most appreciated, thank you very much <3 x!
    Now I only need to solve one dilemma ... which lot to choose to build on next ;) ??
    Post edited by Hidehi on
    @MiaSkywalker Thanks for the info. I've actually been to that site several times browsing! My concern was, and maybe I'm mistaken here, that I thought once a lighting mod was applied it was applied to all worlds. BUT, now that I'm using CC Magic, it would be simple enough to "switch" it off by loading a different set when I wanted it applied. Actually, this opens the possibility of playing with several of brntwaffles mods. I've always felt that the Sims' eyes could be a bit brighter and more expressive.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Jude525 wrote: Β»
    @MiaSkywalker Thanks for the info. I've actually been to that site several times browsing! My concern was, and maybe I'm mistaken here, that I thought once a lighting mod was applied it was applied to all worlds. BUT, now that I'm using CC Magic, it would be simple enough to "switch" it off by loading a different set when I wanted it applied. Actually, this opens the possibility of playing with several of brntwaffles mods. I've always felt that the Sims' eyes could be a bit brighter and more expressive.

I have avoided lighting mods for the same reason. I don't have CC Magic but what I do have is a few different Sims 3 folders set up for different games. It just occurred to me I could have one set up for Midnight Hollow games and perhaps try it with a lighting mod to see how I like it. I rarely play there now due to how dark it is.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Jude525 wrote: Β»
    Yeah, it does apply to all worlds. For a while I was using a kind of fantasy-ish lighting mod, but recently I was in MH (looking at a build someone made), and I had to laugh at how it did NOT look right for that world! :D I've gone back to a more normal lighting mod (don't remember which one), although I changed the sunset/sunrise times so I don't have a night in the game. I don't dislike night, I just don't see very well anymore, and it's hard for me to see in the game when it's night-time. (Although it's a bit disconcerting when your child Sim suddenly gets an uncancellable action to go home because of curfew, when it's still bright daylight out.) I've never used CC Magic, but it might be more efficient than the way I do things.

@Karritz: I do the same as you. That way I can have different mods, Nraas tweaks, CC, presets, and lighting, based on the world and game I'm playing. :) I'm betting that MH lighting mod would look great with Supernatural Island.

@Hidehi: You use so many things in that build that I just love. The castle pieces, a bistro, bowling, and even a toddler area! I always love lots that use a lot of store content. We have the stuff, so why not use it? :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I downloaded the lighting mod and the world earlier today. But it remains to be seen when/if I ever unzip them. I have a really bad habit of downloading stuff and never doing anything with it. But I am using a lot of Rflong7 worlds at the moment and am featuring them in my YouTube videos. Just starting a video set in Dark Harbor at the moment. So I suspect I will use this new world soon too. I'm actually looking mostly for empty worlds. I'm using Traveler mod from NRAAS and having sims living in multiple worlds in my saves that I'm using for my various YouTube stories.

Hi @Rflong7 , @SPARKY1922 and all followers of this thread :D

I have finished and uploaded the next build for the 'Vampire District' to be placed at 23 Dorset Street ..... 'Jeepers Creepers' is a residential lot this time and is available to purchase for a fair amount of simoleons ;) ..... I hope you can make use of it.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9228618

l271AqD.jpg?1

05zrerC.jpg?1

1mCXQ8i.jpg?1

zjmIoIb.jpg?1

nqSPrwd.jpg?2

Thank you very much Rflong7 for letting me use your 'Wall of Books' pattern <3 x
    edited June 2018
    @Hidehi Wonderful~ It's so adorable and yet mysterious/spooky! Love it and the shape/ layout. :heart:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    @Hidehi

woohoo that vamp area is looking very good with all those wonderful builds of yours :) I love this style of build inside and out plus your comment about a mayor because there is a 3 mod that allows that sort of game-play and would suit that area very well :) Thank you so much for your continuous stunning builds for this beautiful world :)

I have got to sort out my 3 bad graphics to get back to playing :)
    @SPARKY1922 Hi, I don't know how I missed your June 6 post, but for some reason my PC just jumped to that when I opened this page, so here I am. I don't know if you are still in frustration land, but I wanted to let you know I am running a disc install on a current/updated Windows 10 system with no problems. I also dumped the Origin option a long time ago, since every time they updated Origin (like every month) it would mess with my game.

I didn't do anything special either. Just a clean install, ignored the initial "your graphics card isn't recognized" message, and moved on. I just wanted to let you know that it is possible.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Hi @Jude525

Thanks for the info I finally got it all fixed last night and have replied to your PM where I have explained so don't want you to have to read everything twice suffice to say thank you for thinking of me and my game problem :)

@Hidehi

Expect a few more pics in future getting posted on the thread now my 3 game appears to be working properly again :) (especially with your builds in them-)
    edited June 2018
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments @Rflong7 and @SPARKY1922 :D<3

Congrats on getting TS3 working again SPARKY1922 ... looking forward to seeing many more pictures of your game on Supernatural Island :)
    Hi Hidehi,

I am still experiencing a few problems but at least am back in the world and wanted to post a couple of pics it has been so long..

my first mermaid of the game decided to live straight on the beach (who wouldn't-)

qYjlU4f.jpg

Hidehi this lot of yours has also stolen my heart as if you remember i usually have the skating pond in the center of the square but there is just so much to do in this lot and it looks stunning in that location so i am torn lol

CCNr7qV.jpg

also for some reason I missed this stunning pine lodge cabin style build when I was looking through your studio but came across it the other day so i toned down the color of the bright grass ( I think it was probably made for hidden springs-) and now it nestles in what I refer to as my werewolf/witch area waiting for the perfect family I will make for it :)

This is the rear view as it was difficult to get a good front view because of the surrounding trees but look at those beautiful windows feature :)

K11CfXC.jpg

last but not least that lovely restaurant in the vamp area :)

8pIxLCU.jpg

more to come when I really start playing properly again :)
    Another play around this morning it appears I have solved the graphic issue somehow and the world is ready to go again.. :)

I created a genie couple for the fairy area..

Drj0th6.jpg

A wild horse decided to fall asleep outside my sims home which i thought was cute <3

J7JhB0e.jpg

and i added a farmers market consignment store to the farm area which I think looks a perfect location..

Xny2IwO.jpg

If anyone would like to use the same consignment store it is by creator enkeli63 on the following link:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6716186

@SPARKY1922 I can almost hear the excitement in your voice at being back in game!!!!! I remember that feeling last winter when I got my new system. I know I've said it elsewhere, but I am so happy for you!
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525

Thank you, you are very perceptive as yes I am finally able to enjoy my game again after quite some time without it :)

Hi :) ,
    I have built and uploaded one more lot for Supernatural Island @Rflong7 and @SPARKY1922 ... I wanted to finish the park at 'Fairy Park' in the Fairy District just to make this area a little more complete ... even though you have found some lovely creations to fill up the space SPARKY1922.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9239879

I've named the park Eldanyanda ... meaning Fairy Tale in one of Tolkien's early Elvish languages.
    Rflong7, it uses your original building (more or less ;) ) and includes plenty of activities and skill building opportunities.

u0jbFWe.jpg?1

54T5HxD.jpg?1

Wc2upzh.jpg?1

M4g9t9C.jpg?1

Have fun and Happy Simming! <3 x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top