Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

holy bills!

Comments

• BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Yeah just like real life, the thermostat is only for the rich. IRL, I don't turn on my thermostat as much as I use portable fans and ceiling fans in the summer and space heaters in the winter. Too bad those additions aren't in the game.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2018
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    Yeah just like real life, the thermostat is only for the rich. IRL, I don't turn on my thermostat as much as I use portable fans and ceiling fans in the summer and space heaters in the winter. Too bad those additions aren't in the game.

Where I live I think it's a middle class thing (and I can't imagine anyone living without an AC and heater where I live, especially not an AC). The bills that people are mentioning in this topic seem incredibly outrageous by any metric.

I don't play The Sims 4, though, so I don't know how easily it is to come across tens of thousands of Simoleons that quick, but if it's anything like the previous games, that wouldn't work very well.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Does it matter if you leave it on when you switch households? I left it on when I switched in my rotational save and came back to an 11k bill. Wondering if it’s just the outrageous thermostat cost or if it u like other costs accumulate even when I’m not playing that specific family.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I mean the sims does have a bit of "fantasy" to it, obviously those prices don't match real life. and like other simmers said previously, you can have your sims dress more warmly in the winter even when they're inside the house to avoid turning on the thermostat.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    I mean the sims does have a bit of "fantasy" to it, obviously those prices don't match real life. and like other simmers said previously, you can have your sims dress more warmly in the winter even when they're inside the house to avoid turning on the thermostat.
    That’s not what people are arguing here though, the price was a huge jump than usual.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I started in the winter, my sims had the heating on the middle temp, and I wondered why they still had their coats and hats on indoors. yet another house they had it on high, they were complaining they were cold, so I turned it up to high, and they were happy in the t shirts and jeans. saying how toasty warm it was. I haven't seen the bills yet, not played long enough.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I haven't been hot or cold inside my house even in extreme temps. I hope that changes in winter. The thermostat is on my wall, but I haven't actually needed it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    I am finding the bills to be higher than usual even if I don't have a thermostat - they just seem to suddenly be far more expensive? The family I was most recently playing are just a mother and child, are in a little 2 bed starter place and the mother is a gardener, so there isn't loads of money coming in at all and the bills are taking up a big chunk of their income.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh, my do I see a lot of homeless sims in S4. Wow have not got my bill yet. Yikes!!!!! Guess they will be bundled for winter and streaking for the summer. lol
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I am finding the bills to be higher than usual even if I don't have a thermostat - they just seem to suddenly be far more expensive? The family I was most recently playing are just a mother and child, are in a little 2 bed starter place and the mother is a gardener, so there isn't loads of money coming in at all and the bills are taking up a big chunk of their income.
    The plants (and any collectibles) also add up to your bills. Learned it the hard way from a jungle explorer family.
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    My bills were $80,000 :|
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Wow.... yeah my unemployed full time mom Sim could not afford her 13k bill so I just used cheats to pay it.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited June 2018
    Why are my bills normal? I'm not complaining though since I have the thermostat on constantly, lol.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member

I know for sure there is a fan object out there, but not sure if it works.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I love this because (like in real life) you have to control the way you use this advantage.
  • ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Has anyone checked to see if the new traits, specifically heatproof and iceproof, help with lowering the need for the thermostat?

Or do they only help a sim when they are out in the elements? I haven’t gotten to Winter yet, so I have no clue.
  • BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    Yeap. Just got my first 80k bill. This seems unreasonable...
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

If you have Dine Out then you can use the outdoor heaters to keep warm. Not sure if they work inside though.

If you have Dine Out then you can use the outdoor heaters to keep warm. Not sure if they work inside though.

I was just thinking that, I'm going to try that out, also would it add to the bills. a little experimenting is needed.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Once I turned the thermostat off....the bills went back to normal....around $10-15K. They live in Oasis Springs.....so it doesn't get cold very often....but the winter in the desert gets pretty cold for them, as the toddlers were complaining. I think next time....unless my Sims are rich....they'll be lighting the fireplace and putting on jackets LOL
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Thanks @powers6180 and @Hermitgirl

Does anyone know if the radiator works by keeping sims warm? I know it was only deco before but I'm sure I read somewhere that they updated it. It would have been awesome also if we could use the fan from GTW to keep cool.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Experiencing the same thing, yikes! I wonder if this needs a bit of retuning @SimGuruNick? I know the thermostat affects bills, which is great, but increasing them by thousands and thousands seems off! :o
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I love the way the thermostat system works. It’s just like in real life when you have to pick and choose what’s more important, staying comfortable, or having money lol.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Experiencing the same thing, yikes! I wonder if this needs a bit of retuning @SimGuruNick? I know the thermostat affects bills, which is great, but increasing them by thousands and thousands seems off! :o

Yeah that's too much...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    what radiators????