Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I could use some ideas on how to landscape around this pond

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
I recently added a pond to add some interest and curb appeal to this house I’m working on
tumblr_paejcmFZ2O1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

But I’m somewhat stuck as to how to landscape around it. I don’t want too many plants surrounding it, as there are already plants in the front yard for landscaping and I don’t want to overwhelm the front yard with a jungle. Lol

So do any of you have some ideas? I’m looking up ideas of landscape pictures but not quite sure what to do yet :)

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Took me a little bit but I think I found a good configuration.
    tumblr_pafkj3YuTJ1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

Turned it into a koi pond as well.
    tumblr_pafkj3YuTJ1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I think that looks lovely. Great job! I suck at landscaping, which is another reason I've given up world building, but I love to see what other people design.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Those rocks around it look really nice! Great job of making the pond look more natural. :) And adding the waterfall is a brilliant touch.

It looks like it has at least one fishing spawner, so you should test to make sure the rocks don't block your Sims from fishing. It looks like they wouldn't, but you never know until you try.

Once you upload this, this is one I'm definitely going to have to grab. I really love the way this place looks, at least from the outside.
    @MiaSkywalker @Hawkflight1066
    Thank you both! This is my first modern house and it’s tough for me to not go back to my cottage decorating roots. Lol.

And MiaSkywalker, the interior is a work in progress. Most of the house is empty except for two bathrooms, a bedroom and the main room which is living room/dining and kitchen all rolled into one.

it’s a very quirky decor scheme because the family I have living in it is very quirky as well :p
    tumblr_paejc01jaO1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_paejc01jaO1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_paejc01jaO1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_paejc01jaO1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg

The pond you can also fish out of and even skip rocks in, too.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Very nice. I have to admit I do NOT like modern architecture and only ever had one go at making something slightly boxy and different. I've never really been inside any modern homes so no inspiration here.
    Very nice. I have to admit I do NOT like modern architecture and only ever had one go at making something slightly boxy and different. I've never really been inside any modern homes so no inspiration here.
    I’m not a fan of modern houses either. I mostly did this because while the house itself has that modern look I’ve made everything else about it like a traditional house. So I caved and added a few cottage-ey type of decor throughout the place :p
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of modern houses either. I mostly did this because while the house itself has that modern look I’ve made everything else about it like a traditional house. So I caved and added a few cottage-ey type of decor throughout the place :p
    I'm not a huge fan of modern houses in general, but I've learned to like them, and this one is a nice one. They work really well in some of the worlds that I've been playing in lately.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I love this house.:o And your landscaping is beautiful!
    I love this house.:o And your landscaping is beautiful!

Thank you!! :)