Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ridiculous Inconsistency About What's Covevered By Snow

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I would really like to understand what was the criterion used by Maxis to define which objects would or would not be covered by the snow if they were exposed to the open air.

That's because I've come to the conclusion that many objects in the game are simply not covered by snow, and I'm mainly talking about large objects.vv

There are objects that are part of the same set, and are not covered by snow. It's weird.

With Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack, was added by the worlds small portions of land where the dogs can dig holes. The point is that these portions of land are not covered by snow on a snowy day, making the scenery inconsistent.

78CBIsP.jpg

But the interesting thing is that the new portions of land that grow flowers, and which were added by The Sims 4 Seasons, are usually covered by snow. Why is there a portion of land that is covered by snow, while the other, which is even bigger, not?

F8VVHuu.jpg

There is also an object that when I get it from the build mode, it appears covered by snow, but as soon as I put it in the world, the snow automatically disappears from the top of the table as you can see through the gif.

giphy.gif

All these toys and items for children are covered with snow or there is snow at least on the bottom of each of them.

9iBuQ7I.jpg

But there are other objects for children that simply are not covered by snow. Why? What is the criterion of this? Was not it right for anything to be put under the snow, to be covered by the snow? (Including void critter object that is not covered by snow, but is not in the image)

1H78Css.jpg

I also found other inconsistencies in the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack objects. Basically, some objects are covered by snow, while others are not. The interesting thing is that even some objects that have the same purpose, and are part of the same set, are covered by snow while other similar ones are not.

As you can see, all the items in this picture, like litter box, cookie jars, and even the surgical object of the veterinary clinic, are totally covered up by the snow. Some at least have snow on the bottom.

yrb0YQy.jpg

But other objects, some that share the same function, such as a litter box, and even special objects of the veterinary clinic, are simply not covered by snow.

fYlIBkT.jpg

4. All these kitchen objects are covered by snow. Even a tiny piece of charcoal is covered by snow. And the other miscellaneous objects are also usually covered by snow.

xeihdbR.jpg

But other things like that in the picture below are not covered by snow. And they are giant objects.

vGlDdcz.jpg

These two objects on the bench are also not covered by snow.

Fq0dOZD.jpg

There are objects that are usually indoors, and may be covered with snow. But there are other things that could stay out of the house, and are not covered by snow.

5MtlLpW.jpg

It may seem like a small thing, but I was very unsatisfied with it. In The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, absolutely anything we put outside the house was completely covered by snow, now in The Sims 4 there are things that do not get snowy and there is no plausible explanation for that.

There is even an object with a bug, which when we put it in the world, loses snow.

Please, do something.
tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Myself and others noticed it way back in the trailer.

Have you checked the seasons items? Apparently the scare crow doesn't get snowy either. I'm pretty interested in this. Do all railing get covered because I've seen some that didn't look covered.

I can't understand what they were thinking. It's like they got bored halfway through and left it.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Have you checked the seasons items? Apparently the scare crow doesn't get snowy either. I'm pretty interested in this. Do all railing get covered because I've seen some that didn't look covered.

I can't understand what they were thinking. It's like they got bored halfway through and left it.

I wouldn't expect the scarecrow to be covered in snow since he comes to life and can be added to your family, like our sims don't get covered. The tree he's attached to gets covered though.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I wouldn't expect the scarecrow to be covered in snow since he comes to life and can be added to your family, like our sims don't get covered. The tree he's attached to gets covered though.

Ahh okay. I was wondering about that. I didn't expect the scarecrow to come to life either but the tree so glad they remembered that ^^
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    The object that holds the scarecrow is covered in snow, but the scarecrow itself not because it is actually a sim.

And yes, I am very amazed at the amount of things that are not covered with snow. There are small toys, very small, that I even understand the fact that they do not have snow, but there are many objects that are large enough to have snow, and there are not.

I was rather disappointed by this kind of carelessness.
    tenor.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    oh well.

What ever the case maybe, if they decide to do something about it, they will.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    oh well.

What ever the case maybe, if they decide to do something about it, they will.

I hope so!
    tenor.gif
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Pretty sure CC objects get covered by snow- so I think it's automatically applied.

If I had to hazard a guess, it's got to do with some aspect of an object's texture file. The objects without the snow might be using the part of the texture the game needs to create snow.

It's only a guess, but I think it's at least plausible.
    wJbomAo.png
    Yes, I agree!
    tenor.gif
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    My sim is living in City Living and has the job of a critic.
    One of the requirements is to spray paint graffiti on a mural.
    It's winter and snowing so I put one on her wall indoors, but the spray graffiti option isn't available
    it says because there is snow on the mural.
    Its indoors why is there snow on it ?