Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I just wanted to ask for help with creating sims, but I guess I have to work for it ^^'

Hello, my name is Tiger and I've been playing the sims since... well, forever lol My computer sucks, but I try my best to be patient. I've just started my FIRST Sims challenge (the Time Lord Challenge), which you can follow on my new Simblr - gwmtc . tumblr. Currently on my second time lord.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Can I put Seasons even though it hasn't been released? xD No? Well, dagnabit lol Um, I don't really have a favorite. I like them all, but the only one I truly feel excited for is Seasons.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Role-play. In real life, I suffer from anxiety and depression and I'm very isolated and lonely. My sims get to do all of the things I wish I could do/have. For me, that means the world.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I have to, otherwise I get bored and don't want to play. Continuing from the above question, I have no control over my life, so not having control in the sims is very hard for me. I mainly use the motherlode and make happy/disable need decay.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Nope. I may have been playing a long time, but I'm a total noob. I'm here to learn and discover.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes - all of my answers were made with the sims 4 in mind, by the way. The only thing I can really think of that I dislike is the fact that there's so many packs and they are so pricey. For someone struggling to pay bills, I miss out on a lot because I can't afford the dozens of packs, most at 50 bucks... And yes, I know that's just how life is.

I have no friends on Origin and don't know anyone that plays the sims, sooo feel free to add me on origin if you want - AnnoyingTiger888

I guess that's it lol God, I suck at introductions and I probably said a lot of stuff no one cares about xD

Oh well... SEASONS HYPE TRAIN!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    I just wanted to ask for help with creating sims, but I guess I have to work for it ^^'

Hello, my name is Tiger and I've been playing the sims since... well, forever lol My computer plum, but I try my best to be patient. I've just started my FIRST Sims challenge (the Time Lord Challenge), which you can follow on my new Simblr - gwmtc . tumblr. Currently on my second time lord.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Can I put Seasons even though it hasn't been released? xD No? Well, dagnabit lol Um, I don't really have a favorite. I like them all, but the only one I truly feel excited for is Seasons.

Role-play. In real life, I suffer from anxiety and depression and I'm very isolated and lonely. My sims get to do all of the things I wish I could do/have. For me, that means the world.

I have to, otherwise I get bored and don't want to play. Continuing from the above question, I have no control over my life, so not having control in the sims is very hard for me. I mainly use the motherlode and make happy/disable need decay.

Nope. I may have been playing a long time, but I'm a total noob. I'm here to learn and discover.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes - all of my answers were made with the sims 4 in mind, by the way. The only thing I can really think of that I dislike is the fact that there's so many packs and they are so pricey. For someone struggling to pay bills, I miss out on a lot because I can't afford the dozens of packs, most at 50 bucks... And yes, I know that's just how life is.

I have no friends on Origin and don't know anyone that plays the sims, sooo feel free to add me on origin if you want - AnnoyingTiger888

I guess that's it lol God, I suck at introductions and I probably said a lot of stuff no one cares about xD

Oh well... SEASONS HYPE TRAIN!

Hello @AnnoyingTiger :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that your Time Lord Challenge that you are doing goes very well!
    I am looking forward to Seasons as well! It looks and sounds very great! The snow falling in Granite Falls looks very special and pretty!
    It is not nice for you that you endure through anxiety, depression and loneliness in your real life :( I send hugs to you <3 It is beneficial and helpful for you that you can use simming to take a break from real life and all that it is holding, and enjoy doing things through your sims. Your sims would be very special to you <3 Cheats are very helpful to use for our sims.
    I care about what you wrote , how you are feeling and how your life is going for you.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    Hallo. I'm here for Seasons.
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    Hallo. I'm here for Seasons.

Hello :) I am looking forward to Seasons also! It was great watching the Seasons livestream and discovering new things about the features in the new pack! It looks great! :)
    edited June 2018
    It seems im still a new member :'(
    edit: nevermind!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    It seems im still a new member :'(
    edit: nevermind!

Congratulations on becoming a full member! Happy simming! :)

<3<3:p
  • Angie40Angie40 Posts: 41 Member
    New member here but I didn’t know to post here instead of the other place. Welcome all other members.
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    Hi Everyone! with some guidance I found my way to the entrance! lol
    Sbodine89 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! with some guidance I found my way to the entrance! lol

Hello :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming!” again! :)
  • MadMuffieMadMuffie Posts: 47 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    For the Sims 3 it would have to be Generations, simply because I love making my sims happy and having lasting families.

That there is a glitch where the toddlers will climb up and down the ladders, I find it very funny and don't mind it at all.

Cheats for familyfunds because I play a lot of stories where you have next to no starting cash and then moveobjects on because I play stories where I try to make realistic middle ages homes and sometimes that means baking the chest of draws slightly into the bed.

You should always change your vampire's teeth in the accercierys section

I don't
    MadMuffie wrote: »
    For the Sims 3 it would have to be Generations, simply because I love making my sims happy and having lasting families.

That there is a glitch where the toddlers will climb up and down the ladders, I find it very funny and don't mind it at all.

Cheats for familyfunds because I play a lot of stories where you have next to no starting cash and then moveobjects on because I play stories where I try to make realistic middle ages homes and sometimes that means baking the chest of draws slightly into the bed.

You should always change your vampire's teeth in the accercierys section

I don't

Hello @MadMuffie :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming!” again :)
    It is nice that you enjoy having Sims 3 Generations Pack, It is very special seeing watching the interactions between the different generations of our sim families <3
    The money cheats are very helpful to use in our games! They do help us in the stories of our sims lives. Moo helps us to express our creativity!
  • dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    For Sims 3, it was probably Into the Future because it just seems so cool, and I also liked the new death. Sims 2 would have to be University because it made it more realistic for me. Sims 4, it would be...Seasons, because I loved it in the other ones and it really changed the game for me.

I like CAS a lot, haha.

Uh, yeah. Only the mood ones, no money cheats though.

Don't spend all your money in the beginning! It's more fun that way, but it takes so long to get it back.

Yes, I do! My least favourite is probably building, because I suck at it, and my favourite is either CAS or gameplay!
    dlareme wrote: »
    For Sims 3, it was probably Into the Future because it just seems so cool, and I also liked the new death. Sims 2 would have to be University because it made it more realistic for me. Sims 4, it would be...Seasons, because I loved it in the other ones and it really changed the game for me.

I like CAS a lot, haha.

Uh, yeah. Only the mood ones, no money cheats though.

Don't spend all your money in the beginning! It's more fun that way, but it takes so long to get it back.

Yes, I do! My least favourite is probably building, because I suck at it, and my favourite is either CAS or gameplay!

Hello @dlareme :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Your favourite packs in each of the versions are very nice and enjoyable ones. I am enjoying Sims 4 Seasons also! It is great having our sims experiencing the different weather conditions and seasonal activities.
    Creating sims is cas is a special part of simming! It is nice spending time working out their clothing for the different categories. It is great that there are now two new clothing categories for hot and cold weather.
  • dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the welcome! I love the new categories too.
  • seastosummitsseastosummits Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all! I just joined today! I have been playing Sims for about 13 years now, and started out with the original. I wouldn't consider myself an expert, as I play very recreationally, but I'm still stoked on the game!

My favorite expansion pack is definitely a tie between Sims 3 Seasons, and Island Paradise. I live in Alaska, and I love coastal communities. I love being able to build waterfront homes, boathouse, and buy fishing boats in Island Paradise. I also love to make winter all year round. Now, comparing Sims 4 Seasons with Sims 3 Seasons, I love the snow depth in Sims 3 Seasons.

My favorite thing about Sims is being able to play a life other than mine. I love do make my sims do things I aspire to do.

I rarely play with cheats. It's more fun without!

Honesty, no! But I always welcome tips and tricks.

I do have Sims 4, and in all honesty, it has to be one of my least favorites. I love the graphics, they're beautiful, but there are SO many limitations. I feel that EA really took some steps backwards. Maybe it's a money thing, and they'll reintroduce Sims 3 features and favorites, but at the cost of more EPs and SPs - i'm not sure.

Keep the stoke!
    Hey all! I just joined today! I have been playing Sims for about 13 years now, and started out with the original. I wouldn't consider myself an expert, as I play very recreationally, but I'm still stoked on the game!

My favorite expansion pack is definitely a tie between Sims 3 Seasons, and Island Paradise. I live in Alaska, and I love coastal communities. I love being able to build waterfront homes, boathouse, and buy fishing boats in Island Paradise. I also love to make winter all year round. Now, comparing Sims 4 Seasons with Sims 3 Seasons, I love the snow depth in Sims 3 Seasons.

My favorite thing about Sims is being able to play a life other than mine. I love do make my sims do things I aspire to do.

I rarely play with cheats. It's more fun without!

Honesty, no! But I always welcome tips and tricks.

I do have Sims 4, and in all honesty, it has to be one of my least favorites. I love the graphics, they're beautiful, but there are SO many limitations. I feel that EA really took some steps backwards. Maybe it's a money thing, and they'll reintroduce Sims 3 features and favorites, but at the cost of more EPs and SPs - i'm not sure.

Keep the stoke!

Hello @seastosummits :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso world is very nice, and the pack is great! It is enjoyable having houseboats, and either running or visiting resorts. It is very nice that you feel that this world in the Wintertime reflects where you live in real life.
    It is special that we can live through our sims their lives as they do different things, that we also would enjoy doing.
  • casualverbositycasualverbosity Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi all! I made this account a little while ago, but then life got in the way and I didn't get very far with my quest to attain membership status. I've been really enjoying seasons so far, although I have been finding it quite buggy. The Sims 4 is the first generation of the Sims that I have really gotten into in terms of buying many of the additional packs. I started out with the Sims and I think the only additional pack I had for that was Unleashed. I skipped over the Sims 2 completely, then got back into it with the Sims 3. Again, I think I only had one additional pack, which was Ambitions.

To answer seastosummits' questions:

1. Favourite EP/SP and why?
    For now my favourite EP would have to be Cats & Dogs. I'm a big family player, so pets go perfectly with my style of gameplay. Brindleton Bay is absolutely stunning, and I loved the style of all the CAS and Build/Buy objects. However, as I never got a chance to play with seasons in earlier versions of the Sims, Seasons may become a new favourite, once the kinks are worked out.

2. Favourite thing about the game
    It would have to be the fact that I get to exercise my creativity. I lack the skills to do creative endeavours IRL, but I still have the desire to create. The Sims allows me to create, even though I have no talent for it!

3. Do I play with cheats?
    Yes. I use MC Command Center, which has been amazing for setting up my games. I generally like my sims to have had some kind of life prior to when I start playing them, rather than just have them spring into being as a blank canvas at the age of young adult. As my games are more story-telling based than challenge-orientated, cheats to set relationships and skill levels help to give the impression that my sims are more rounded individuals.

4. Tips and tricks
    Hmmm... however long you think it's going to take to set-up a new save, triple it, and triple it again! I tried to set-up my save in anticipation of Seasons, but did not allow myself enough time and ultimately ended up eating-into the time I could have used to explore the new pack while I was putting on the finishing touches.

5. Favourite and least favourite things about The Sims 4
    Favourite things: Emotions, click-and-drag manipulation in CAS, multi-tasking
    Least favourite things: Loss of customisation for objects (since they took that away, I think they need to provide more colour options), loss of open-world (mostly because I hate loading screens)

I'll add a question of my own:

For those with Seasons, how are you finding it? And has anyone figured how those pesky bees work yet?!
    Hello @casualverbosity :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Cats and Dogs is a great Sims 4 pack! It is fun and great to have pets as a part of our sims household and see them interacting with our sims!
    MCCC mod is very helpful! It has so many great features that we can use to help us in the lives of our sims!
    I am enjoying Seasons! This is a link to a guide to the bees
    http://sims-online.com/beekeeping-sims-4-seasons/

• nnataliaggcnnataliaggc Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! I'm a very old time simmer playing since TS2. I still play although I try to limit my gameplaying because I can get abosorbed for hours without much pausing, and well, that isn't good either. I play mostly TS3 now, especially because of the world building, and I sometimes play TS2 and TS4.

Probably pets from TS3, I love animals in real life and I just loved them in the game.

Creating stories. I play them out in my own head while I play the game.

moveobjects is probably my fave, and with TS3, testingcheatsenabled :)

I don't think so, just be extremely organized with your CC if your into that.

I loooove there build and CAS system, I think EA did an awesome job with it.
    I also think it's the most boring game in series, it could be awesome, but I do not know why EA just can't pull it off. I am excited for seasons even though I haven't gotten it, so maybe that'll be the game changer for me.
    Hi! I'm a very old time simmer playing since TS2. I still play although I try to limit my gameplaying because I can get abosorbed for hours without much pausing, and well, that isn't good either. I play mostly TS3 now, especially because of the world building, and I sometimes play TS2 and TS4.

Probably pets from TS3, I love animals in real life and I just loved them in the game.

Creating stories. I play them out in my own head while I play the game.

moveobjects is probably my fave, and with TS3, testingcheatsenabled :)

I don't think so, just be extremely organized with your CC if your into that.

I loooove there build and CAS system, I think EA did an awesome job with it.
    I also think it's the most boring game in series, it could be awesome, but I do not know why EA just can't pull it off. I am excited for seasons even though I haven't gotten it, so maybe that'll be the game changer for me.

Hello @nnataliaggc :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you play the three versions of the game.
    Sims 3 Pets is a great pack! It is fun having pets as part of our sims household, and seeing them playing with our sims.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat! It helps us to express our creativity through builds in new and different ways!
    It is great that you enjoy build mode and cas in sims 4. Creating sims and building homes are very special parts of simming!
  • thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    So hello, I'm new. I've been playing the sims since the first edition, however I only picked up TS4 last summer. I started building in January and I haven't been able to stop! I'd love to post my builds here, and that's why I'm breaking my noob silence and commenting.

Quick question- that 30 post thing - is it 30 *posts* or 30 comments? I... don't have that much to say, to be completely honest. 30 posts isn't likely to be something I can achieve. :(

Some Questions to Get You Started
    This might be an odd choice, but I love Spa Day! It has great activities, and i love the wall and floor patterns.

Right now it's building, followed by setting up storylines in which my favorite fictional characters interact.

ALL OF THEM.

Not at the moment.

Yup. I love building houses, but I'm bummed out that terrain editing is not an option.
    So hello, I'm new. I've been playing the sims since the first edition, however I only picked up TS4 last summer. I started building in January and I haven't been able to stop! I'd love to post my builds here, and that's why I'm breaking my noob silence and commenting.

Quick question- that 30 post thing - is it 30 *posts* or 30 comments? I... don't have that much to say, to be completely honest. 30 posts isn't likely to be something I can achieve. :(

Some Questions to Get You Started
    This might be an odd choice, but I love Spa Day! It has great activities, and i love the wall and floor patterns.

Right now it's building, followed by setting up storylines in which my favorite fictional characters interact.

ALL OF THEM.

Not at the moment.

Yup. I love building houses, but I'm bummed out that terrain editing is not an option.

Hello @thesleepingsatellite :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The number of points and posts needed has changed since this thread was first started . You now need to have 25 points and 15 posts before you can become a full member. This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

It is great that you enjoy building in the Sims. Building is a very enjoyable and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game! We can enjoy bringing our design ideas into sims gameform ! I will look forward to seeing your builds!
    Spa Day is a very nice pack! The build mode items that came with it are very helpful and nice to use in out builds, both for homes and venues.
    The moo cheat is very helpful!