Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cold weather clothing indoors

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’ve noticed this too and so far I can handle it since I just have one sim, but as she makes a family it’s gonna get bothersome having everyone inside in coats and what not.

I also noticed at the festivals it’s cold enough for my sim to change into her cold weather clothes but the sims around her all seem to be wearing their festival costumes or everyday wear, I don’t want every outing to be townie death time, so hopefully this gets tweaked. Also every single townie has a black umbrella when it rains. I’d like to see some variety there.

Speaking of clothing issues I read somewhere that sims can get heat stroke in their normal swimwear if it’s not tagged for hot weather, another thing that really needs to be tweaked.
    Post edited by hmae123 on
  • JoriLizJoriLiz Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone having a problem with their sim getting cold indoors? Every time I have my sim go upstairs they gets cold and I have to put them winter gear. I have a thermostat set to warmer and it doesn't help..
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    cant wear hair mods in cold or hot settings for some reason.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Same here, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I even have the thermostat on.

I've noticed that 'problem' on the livestream. If it's not a bug, but something by design, it was a pretty odd decision on their side.

I had Sims who automatically put on cold weather gear indoors before I remembered to turn on the thermostat. I also had the opposite problem with one of my Sims not changing into cold weather clothes when it was cold out -- almost lost her to freezing to death!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    cant wear hair mods in cold or hot settings for some reason.

They don't show up when you x off the filter in CAS?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I take a somewhat different view - I don't think of the cold weather clothing necessarily as outerwear, like it was in Sims 3, so I am actually dressing my sims in their cold weather clothes in the morning and they are supposed to stay like that all day. I did this because, even though they have a thermostat and their house is warm inside, it looked silly to me to have my sim walking around in a little sleeveless dress when it was snowing outside. I have however given them a range of cold weather outfits, ranging from light but warm clothes for indoors, to blizzard level clothes for outerwear. The game can't tell the difference, of course, so I just choose something that looks appropriate for them to change into.

I do wish that there was a proper outerwear category, though. Actually, what I would have liked, ideally, would have been seasonal options for every category of clothing, instead of just hot and cold weather clothes as separate categories. So, for example, when you choose your sim's everyday outfits, you would click a button for each outfit and choose the season during which it would become the default outfit. Then you could do the same for formal outfits, sleepwear, athletic wear, etc. I am sorry that this part of the EP was not more carefully considered.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    So, for example, when you choose your sim's everyday outfits, you would click a button for each outfit and choose the season during which it would become the default outfit. Then you could do the same for formal outfits, sleepwear, athletic wear, etc. I am sorry that this part of the EP was not more carefully considered.
    That would be an awesome way to do it! And no more freezing joggers.
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I lost 3 or more crazy silly elders who should not go jogging especially during a blizzard. They were my "spares" for my main first family but still wow lol.
  • TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member

Bellesim67 wrote: »
    I lost 3 or more crazy silly elders who should not go jogging especially during a blizzard. They were my "spares" for my main first family but still wow lol.

I had a sim die eating lamb , in a bikini, and sitting at the pool in a blizzard. The rest of the family was eating inside. There seems to be a problem with sims wearing everyday outside as well as never changing from winter wear.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I have yet to play in proper snow (I started in Spring so I've only just got to late fall in my game) but it sounds like sims are dying rather prematurely? How long does it take for them to die in freezing weather if they're not dressed in their cold weather clothing? I would expect this to take many hours, not happen as quickly as it takes them to eat a meal or watch a death, as some are suggesting?
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    I have yet to play in proper snow (I started in Spring so I've only just got to late fall in my game) but it sounds like sims are dying rather prematurely? How long does it take for them to die in freezing weather if they're not dressed in their cold weather clothing? I would expect this to take many hours, not happen as quickly as it takes them to eat a meal or watch a death, as some are suggesting?

Maybe they wanted to turn Sims 4 into a survival game to cash in on the craze. Sims 4 meets The Long Dark!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have my thermostat on HOT and they never change back from cold clothes when coming inside.
    In fact, I don't get what the thermostat settings are for at all, I have not seen a difference (I play in an appartment, so AFAIK my rent does not go up).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Pity dead sims don't turn into zombies lol. We could have The Walking Dead.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Incidentally, I have noticed that my sims will mostly change into their cold weather clothes when going outside, but not if they are carrying something; for example, if they are taking out garbage, or hanging out the washing. Then they keep the same clothes on. I have to watch them really carefully, because they will persist in hanging out washing on the clothesline, even when it is snowing, if I don't catch them first and make them use the dryer. Silly things!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Incidentally, I have noticed that my sims will mostly change into their cold weather clothes when going outside, but not if they are carrying something; for example, if they are taking out garbage, or hanging out the washing. Then they keep the same clothes on. I have to watch them really carefully, because they will persist in hanging out washing on the clothesline, even when it is snowing, if I don't catch them first and make them use the dryer. Silly things!

Also, there seem to be an issue with other clothes than "everyday", just like with club uniforms. If my sims say are wearing gym clothes or swimwear, they don't switch to cold clothes when going outside. They only switch automatically if in everyday.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited June 2018
    For any of you who don't mind mod-fixes, there's a mod for this now: Change into Everyday when inside, in http://littlemssam.de/random-small-mods/ It only changes them if they were in Cold clothes. I presume you can still change them back if you want to for reasons :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    This is just so annoying! One Sim, okay, but managing 6 Sims. I mostly stopped sending them out, I only travel to different lots. I only wait until someone die from overheating or freezing. My Sims also don't change clothes when they're going outside. For example if I tell them to build a snowman, they change in 1 out of 10 cases but when it's autonomous, they always change... but then they won't change when they're going back home, like never.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    'Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories' o:)
    But seriously please fix this. Sims should NOT be wearing summer/winter clothing when INDOORS. Especially in their own homes with a thermostat. Its terrible seeing Sims walk around 24/7 in hot/cold wear whether they be indoors or out. At a nightclub or a restaurant. Seasons has really broken the game. Its even worse when you have Spa Day, Sims wear their hot/cold accessories and stuff with the robe/towel. You can't stop it. Someone needs to make a mod that removes hot/cold clothing from the game entirely till Maxis fixes these issues. Disabling temperature affects Sims does NOT stop them from using hot/cold wear either making things worse. But at least Sims are not all dropping dead in City Living and the festivals with it off.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I don't mind summer clothes indoors, as even with air conditioning I don't change when I come in from the heat in the summer. But in the winter? Yeah, I take my jacket off.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Happens to me as well and it's pretty annoying.

My sims also immediately change into cold wear after waking up. And I do have the thermostat on warm too.
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    My sims never change their clothes when they go outside in hot or cold weather. They Always keep their everyday clothes on and i have to change every sim in their cold/hot outfits manually. Which is quite a hassle if you have a large family. They also don't seem to be affected by the weather. I wonder if it's because they are vampires and therefore actually dead (LOL)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Same for me. I find it very annoying and weird. I have two fireplaces at home so its even more weird that they are cold. I mean.. you are in the house for crying out loud. Outside.. ok yes! Inside.. NO!

I hope its a bug that will be fixed asap. Its very annoying that my sims complain the whole time when they wake up and i need to manually change my whole household that contains of 5 sims.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »

Maybe they wanted to turn Sims 4 into a survival game to cash in on the craze. Sims 4 meets The Long Dark!

Well, people wanted a Sims game that was less soft...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2018
    For any of you who don't mind mod-fixes, there's a mod for this now: Change into Everyday when inside, in http://littlemssam.de/random-small-mods/ It only changes them if they were in Cold clothes. I presume you can still change them back if you want to for reasons :)

Found it.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    It’s annoying to keep switching outfits of 8 sims multiple times. I hope they’ll fix it, because I already have too many mods to correct annoying behaviors.