Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you sell your masterpieces and artifacts?

For your artist do sell their masterpieces?

For your archaeologist do you sell their artifacts?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you sell your masterpieces and artifacts? 135 votes

Yes
65%
Frn0731Kita5399jasasimsEdoubleGoodiesLaBlue0314aprilroseUnDutchableSikoahGracePlayerSinger2010VibseMaryVannStrangerthanThunderbat87happysimmer2007elanorbretoncchant86JesskiScarbo27ldmarkojaymancraz 88 votes
No
5%
TheLibrarySiminvisiblgirlBagoas77texasangelArmika74CupidpointefulPS4Simmer 8 votes
Other
28%
DerellaGoth583IceyJvik92SageRainWillowSerraNolwensimgirl1010a_niles06Pegasyshunniboo1LolaLuvsSimsrevgrvhalloweenchildLoriTSpxxritaaaaaaaxx5782341b77vlMaggieMarleyDoloresGreyx_Always_Heart_xcatmando830 39 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other
    I keep one of each of the top quality artifacts and sell the rest.

I sell every painting.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Yes
    I sell them because they make my bills more expensive when I could get the same picture for a cheaper price xD
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Other
    I keep one of each artifact, including the fake ones and sell the duplicates. Paintings depend on if I have a place in my house I want to display it. Otherwise, I sell them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    I like to keep a masterpiece of each emotional painting, if it's one of the styles I like. I sell the artifacts, though.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes
    After getting a $200,000 bill in the mail :o , I sell all those puppies ever single time. It's not to say that I might keep one if I really like it.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Other
    I keep the Masterpieces if I like them, otherwise I sell them. Same with the artifacts.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    It really depends on the sim and their story.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Yes
    I only keep one, that is nice as a memory for the family to have. The rest I don’t mind parting with.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Yes
    I keep masterpieces occasionally as a memento and if I really like the painting itself.
    6riwm5.png
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes I keep them, but usually they're painting or writing to make money, so I sell it!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Other
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    For your artist do sell their masterpieces?

For your archaeologist do you sell their artifacts?

I have my sim make copies of her art. I'm going to upload her work to the gallery in a room once I have enough paintings.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    Yes
    I only keep them if I like them or I'm trying to make my house more expensive.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Yes
    I base it off whether it's something I want displayed in my house, really, or if it's a duplicate--sell!
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Other
    I sell the Masterpieces straightaway and keep the artifacts in order to sell at a yard sale or flea market.
  • VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    Yes
    Gotta pay those bills, haha. Unless it's something I specifically want them to keep for some reason, everything goes.
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Other
    I keep top quality items if I like them and sell the rest, this goes for everything. I've tried consciously collecting stuff but it never really goes anywhere.
    &PHgr;
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2018
    Other
    I only keep painting I like and/or fit in my Sims home, irrespective of the quality.
    As for artifacts, so far I've kept one of each in the best quality and as many additional ones I liked enough to further decorate with.
    Post edited by MDianaSims on
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Other
    I usually have one household in every save that keeps one of each artifact (if they have archeology), and also work on painting collections. I'll keep one of each painting in every category. Same with other collections, like crystals and metals.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Other
    Other

PAINTINGS -
    I tend to hang on to paintings of "Excellent" quality and above. Unfortunately, due to the size of my Sims houses (on 20x30 or 30x40 lots), I will replace the lower "Excellent" quality with the "Master Piece" quality (so there's no blank walls in the house). Excellent quality Emotional paintings are kept.

ARTIFACTS -
    I will ONLY keep one of each type, and it MUST be in "Excellent" condition. Counterfeit and "Poor" condition items are sold. Duplicates of "Excellent" condition items are given to museums.

*(BONUS)* RELICS -
    I will keep multiple bases and tops as well as (both unrefined and refined) gems, to wreak havok (or give blessings) later on. These are normally kept locked up in the basement - until I need my Sims to put a new one together.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Yes
    I only keep the masterpieces I like, some of them just aren't worth keeping :D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    Usually I just sell them.
  • powers6180powers6180 Posts: 15 New Member
    Other
    Hey! I will sell them if I am in need of money, or if it is a challenge (like the runaway teen challenge or the 100 baby challenge). Anyway, Happy Simming! -@powers6180
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Other
    Any duplicates yes but I keep at least one copy of any masterpiece paintings or excellent artifacts/collectibles.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Yes
    cause my Sims are always broke :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Poli69plPoli69pl Posts: 72 Member
    Other
    I keep things that are like and place them in the house to decorate it and I sell the rest